Price check on a Mid-2012 Macbook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper87227

Fully [H]
My brother has asked my to try and sell his old Macbook for him, but I really don't know shit about Macs. I have no idea what this thing is worth second hand. Hopefully someone here can give me a rough idea of its value?

Specs read:

1.8 Ghz Core i5
4GB Ram
Intel HD 4000 384MB
13.5 Inch 1440x900 display (do these come with a retina display or was that after 2012?)
128GB SSD
OS X Lion 10.7.5

Condition i'd call a 9/10. There's a very small (~1 cm) scratch on the top, and another tiny ding (probably a mm or less) near the apple logo that you have to catch in the right light to find. Very, very minor edge wear along the front edge. But really it's in pretty good shape, he takes care of his shit and doesn't smoke. I have the charger, but that's it. Dunno if the box really affects it's value, but it's absent.

Apple offered him somewhere around $250 on a gift card for it. But I figure it's gotta be worth more than that. It cost him right around a grand 3 years ago.

Only in Genmay

I was going to post in Genmay, figured folks would be more knowledgeable here. I thought the rule was not in the FS section. If a mod says this is a problem, let me know and I'll make a Genmay thread instead.

EDIT: Guess I was mistaken. Off to Genmay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back