Preventing Windows from "auto" upgrading to Windows 11

https://www.aarp.org/research/topic...9/2020-technology-trends-older-americans.html

"In 2014, when 8 in 10 younger Americans owned a smartphone, only half of adults over 50 owned one. Today, smartphone adoption is 86 percent among Americans age 50 to 59 and 81 percent for those 60 to 69. Meanwhile, 62 percent of those 70 and older use smartphones."

If you think you know old people better than AARP, go ahead and correct them.
a clickbait ad filled website masquerading as experts... nice source. I'm sure its peer reviewed. Go to school and learn something please.

OP how are you doing?
I'm doing pretty good. Drove mom over to her grand-daughters house for Christmas dinner. She doesn't remember who anybody is but had a good time nevertheless.

As far as the thread goes......

My pop is one of those old, stubborn, doesn't like anybody or anything new and only likes steak WELL-DONE. If I can't convince him meat is horrible when charred to a crisp, I won't every get him to try a smart phone/pad/device thingie. Never gonna happen. No matter how logical or easy it my seem to nearly everyone born after WWII.

The few guys on this thread making logical arguments about what I should/shouldn't need to realize that logic doesn't matter. Pops served two tours in Korea and two tours in Vietnam. If he wants to use a computer, I'll do what I can to help him. And if doesn't want to learn anything else who the F am I to say different.

I simply want to avoid the possible hassle if his computer get auto-magically-upgraded to Win11.

I'm doing pretty good. Drove mom over to her grand-daughters house for Christmas dinner. She doesn't remember who anybody is but had a good time nevertheless.

As far as the thread goes......

My pop is one of those old, stubborn, doesn't like anybody or anything new and only likes steak WELL-DONE. If I can't convince him meat is horrible when charred to a crisp, I won't every get him to try a smart phone/pad/device thingie. Never gonna happen. No matter how logical or easy it my seem to nearly everyone born after WWII.

The few guys on this thread making logical arguments about what I should/shouldn't need to realize that logic doesn't matter. Pops served two tours in Korea and two tours in Vietnam. If he wants to use a computer, I'll do what I can to help him. And if doesn't want to learn anything else who the F am I to say different.

I simply want to avoid the possible hassle if his computer get auto-magically-upgraded to Win11.
How dare someone make their own decisions on how they want to use their computer.

Everyone knows it's best to just let Microsoft make the best decisions for you. They have the best intentions in mind.

For me, I will be waiting for a while until the OS is much more mature.

How dare someone make their own decisions on how they want to use their computer.

Everyone knows it's best to just let Microsoft make the best decisions for you. They have the best intentions in mind.

For me, I will be waiting for a while until the OS is much more mature.
Sounds like pops already did make his decision: win10.

Why don't you disable TPM or enable CSM or whatever it takes in bios so the computer is incompatible with Windows 11? Can't upgrade what isn't compatible?

You could also get them an unsupported computer that can’t update to Windows 11.

Back