Power goes off for less than a second and pc is not effected (no ups)

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
Has anyone else noticed this happening very often? I guess thats why they make decent power supplys the way they do.

I've had it happen once. My main rig(in sig) cut right off but my cheesy AMD X3 720 server with IGPU on a 650 watt Corsair kept chugging.

Happens to me all the time, little 1-3 second power blips. All my systems are set to stay off on power off, and the ones that aren't on UPS always stay up and running (I can hear the UPS click on in the office even before the lights go out, wonderful things). I will say though that about half their Boinc workunits will have either an instant failure computation error or will fail to validate after completion, so the systems are definitely being strained on stability (including a few at stock settings).

Actually its pretty average most of them...dual 330uf was thought even overkill let alone dual 420uf's....that's a very conservative rating...it's just topology...you can still go small in the front and really big on the secondary...save diodes idk...maybe a little easier on the diodes...that still don't make that much sense a BIG secondary can still meet all those current requirements and demands.

Yup, there is quite a bit of "buffering" that happens to the energy the comes from the wall (AC), transforming it into DC, then "buffering" it again to smooth out the signal to tolerances that transistors require. High quality PSUs or over-engineered/enterprise PSUs have large "buffers"/capacitors to provide smooth clean output to the electronics and can handle a blip or two with no trouble.

A quick but not foolproof way to tell the quality of power electronics is by weight.

yea i be honest....i think it extremely rare i remember the pc surviving a short blip when in heavy/med usage. Like in the middle of heavy gaming no way lol.

You can shut down and unplug a system, and it’ll still turn on for a second it you hit the power button.

Back