Post your "rate my cables" here

Got my little PS120SE.. great cooler. About as strong as FC140.. I have a 3 pack of T30s on the way..

Air1.jpeg

Air2.jpeg

>.>

My Fractal case definitely does not look like that behind the solid panel.

Definitely not. Nope.
Get a cable management kit off Amazon, having velcro tape and the like makes all the difference.

I purchased this one. I needed it for a dual purpose, most of the stuff in there I used to mount cables under my desk, but the cable sleeves, velcro tape and velcro straps were great for in-case use.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
>.>

My Fractal case definitely does not look like that behind the solid panel.

Definitely not. Nope.
This one is the Lian Li Lancool II, cable management is o-k-a-y… but when he has 8 corsair fans controlled by their hubs it’s annoying. I’d go with the Lian Li Uni fans if they weren’t so bloody expensive.

start by blowing it out ;)
I did last week, although in fairness really on the front, bottom, and inside. I vacuum out what i can and blow out what I can, but even still it’s been running 24/7 for 3 years now so it’s hard to get it spotless now.

vacuums generate massive amounts of static. A belly full of dust spinning around will do that lol.

see above, dont do that!! ive seen at least 6 machines killed by little old ladies vacuuming it out

I only vacuum the PSU, the front rad (from the outside) and the inside bottom of the case. Also hey, you beat my join date by a few days :D

I remember when I could have mine like that.. the good old days.

Life with a Torrent Compact does not allow such luxuries.. if you want the glass to close tight :D

I added a few more NVMe drives for 5TB total, and I have my little 1TB spinner and half a TB of Intel SSDs.

I also added a 3rd fan to the cooler :D

Air.jpeg

Air2.jpeg

I do have the case sitting about an inch off the surface because the basement fans dont like to be starved. I have to run it like that if I want to use my lower PCIe slot. A bit of a bummer. Might need either a new board or new case lol :D

This was a fun little project; recycling my old 7700k and other components into an HTPC:

Case is a Fractal Design Pop Air Black ATX, I bought it for its simplicity inside and out. No frills what so ever.

20230519_180057.jpg

20230618_202915.jpg

Currently, a little 1050Ti, but I may very well step up to a Intel ARC A750 here very soon. Can't beat that bang for buck atm!
20230519_180128.jpg

Deployed pic, with a helper of course: (His name is Gannon, and he never holds still).
20230618_194343.jpg

Ah, yes...phantom Gannon strikes again!
Pretty sure he's the Forest Temple Shadow Gannon, for real. Continuously jumping from window to window... always on the hunt to kill that next moving object he sees outside...

What can ya do :D Love my little helper.

Almost finished with my white fishtank build, may end up grabbing a blocked GPU in the end, but for now the painted shroud installed on the 3070 works until I can move my 3080ti:

View attachment 577848

I love how clean and professional that looks. The simplicity of your double rad loop is impressive. I'm curious if you have signal issues with the video card, having such a long PCIe cable run.

I love how clean and professional that looks. The simplicity of your double rad loop is impressive. I'm curious if you have signal issues with the video card, having such a long PCIe cable run.
Thanks it was a huge jenga puzzle to get that thing in there tight with a good seal, thankfully the evo has the sliding fan trays, thats what made it possible to use the single straight tube in front.
That combined with ek's block/pump/res to reduce the runs i have to make and/or parts to hide.

None so far, get the full pcie 4.0 speeds, and been running mw2 and D4 for a week no issues (it does get warm with the upright air config ~ mid 80s, I need to shroud the fans on the back side to better push air out)

Had my AIO out today to clean it. Decided to finally take the advice I constantly give on zip ties and computer cases are the devil and went with a nearly zero zip tie wire management.
PXL_20230710_204516264.jpg

Only zioties left are for the CPU power cable. But let's be honest how often do you need to move or adjust that cable?
Cleaned it up as best as I could ultimately it really doesn't matter
PXL_20230710_205010531.jpg

I have the lazy way covers as well. I did have to pull the front side velcro out of the 'wire management' tab as they sit way too close to where the cover goes and you could not close it but they are still bundled under the velcro strips.
PXL_20230710_224221234.jpg

Front side.

But... But the YouTubers said that it's illegal and will cause the extinction of unicorns if you do that... :p
No, hoses on the bottom of your pump is bad. On the bottom of the radiator? Psh, dunno what they're smoking. Edit: I mean, it could make getting bubbles away from the pump more difficult, but not enough to warrant doing it in every situation.

I am not too concerned. I figure I will probably have to use the warranty once or twice, depending on which CPU I run the most with it. Its current position is fine, the pump is hella strong :)

I am not too concerned. I figure I will probably have to use the warranty once or twice, depending on which CPU I run the most with it. Its current position is fine, the pump is hella strong :)
well, when you start hearing gurgling noises, flip it around. it will work the way it is now, just will pull air through the block every now and then.

But... But the YouTubers said that it's illegal and will cause the extinction of unicorns if you do that... :p
youre just confused.
No, hoses on the bottom of your pump is bad. On the bottom of the radiator? Psh, dunno what they're smoking. Edit: I mean, it could make getting bubbles away from the pump more difficult, but not enough to warrant doing it in every situation.
no, hoses under pump doesnt matter either. if the rad is below the pump is what matters. some part of the rad has to be higher than the pump. the tube thing i mentioned is to stop the occasional gurgling from the air in the rad getting sucked down and through the pump(most have a bit).

I have not seen anyone talking about Thermalright AIO/CLC.. whatever they are :D

Had to try one.. was only 75 beaver bucks.

Back