Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!

BiH115

Gif Guy
450_1000.jpg

Surprised there isn't a thread about this. Lot of rumors about this game, specifically in regards to difficulty and actual features in the game when compared to older Pokemon games that stuck to the more traditional, catch, fight, level up, gym, etc. style. You'll basically be doing this in these new games as well, but with the addition of motion controls it'll be a little bit more interactive, such as utilizing a throwing motion with the Pokeball Plus controller to catch Pokemon.

The games will focus on the Kanto region, which is based on the first few games (original 151) and heavily inspired by Pokemon Yellow. Supposedly there will be a few new ones as well, and in addition, some from the Alola region (Sun/Moon), though there isn't much information on that part specifically yet.

Release Date
November 16, 2018

Differences and Other Information
The main differences between the two games are the Pokemon that you'll be able to collect (nothing new here, has always been like this). The exclusives are:

Let's Go, Pikachu
Oddish
Sandshrew
Growlithe

Let's Go, Eevee
Bellsprout
Vulpix
Meowth

You'll be able to transfer Pokemon (Kanto region variants only) from Pokemon Go (the mobile game) to your Let's Go game. You can also trade online with others, but you'll have to have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription (no cloud saves functionality for Let's Go as of this time).

You can customize your Pokemon's hairstyles and accessories, as well as feed them and play with them.

Bundles and Hardware
There will be two bundles for those that are in the market for a Switch console, with a custom painted Switch and Joy Cons. Both bundles will come with the game and the Pokeball Plus controller, which allows you to mimic a throwing motion as well as move around in the game (analog as the button; from what I've read, a lot of people that played the game with the Pokeball Plus controller really liked it, and recommend playing the game with it).

608x-1.png

For everyone else, you can purchase the games and Pokeball hardware separately. The game will be $99 and will come with the Pokeball Plus controller ($50 separately). Alternatively, you could just buy the game for $60 by itself, for those that perhaps want the bundle for one game, and then buy the other game to "Catch 'em All". Specs and features for the Pokeball Plus controller.

detail-chart_en.jpg

Yeah...I've seen some of the videos, just not sure if I'm that into Pokemon anymore. I got Pokemon Y on the 3DS awhile back and honestly didn't play it that much.

Yeah...I've seen some of the videos, just not sure if I'm that into Pokemon anymore. I got Pokemon Y on the 3DS awhile back and honestly didn't play it that much.

That's fair. I think I'm honestly the same in that regard, but this just seems sort of different and refreshing, and I've always had a soft spot for the original games. Might bring some of those childhood nostalgia feelings back which is always nice.

A video regarding some difficulty points, worth a watch:

Back