Playstation 5 hacked... twice

3D TVs haven't been a thing for a few years now. They try and push it every 10-15 years.
I know, I have a 3DTV I got back in 2011 and use the 3D feature often, but it's only 1080P... I want a 4K 3dtv and I'm patiently waiting for the next generation to come around!
10 years down, 5 or so to go!

Again, 3D options are available, including fancy headsets. Yet the kinks haven't been sufficiently ironed out to allow normal people to use it every day without complaint.
I'm guessing you didn't click the link, because that's not what my response was referring to. In fact, that link could probably be its own thread here in the news section.

I'm guessing you didn't click the link, because that's not what my response was referring to. In fact, that link could probably be its own thread here in the news section.
I did, 3D has been everywhere a few times. Doesn't mean its mature enough to stay. I am not surprised Visa found a way to ID a shed load of wallets though.

I did, 3D has been everywhere a few times. Doesn't mean its mature enough to stay. I am not surprised Visa found a way to ID a shed load of wallets though.
Okay, you're missing my entire point then. Let me spell it out for you.

You made this statement:
I dunno, I reckon 3D tv's will be well into their next generation before I can use crypto at my local corner store.
You now can use crypto to buy things at your local corner store. At least anywhere that basically accepts credit cards, which is basically every corner/liquor store on the planet that actually wants to stay in business.
If you want, then there is the "added bonus" that this has happened long before 3d TV's have gotten "well into their next generation".

Okay, you're missing my entire point then. Let me spell it out for you.

You made this statement:

You now can use crypto to buy things at your local corner store. At least anywhere that basically accepts credit cards, which is basically every corner/liquor store on the planet that actually wants to stay in business.
If you want, then there is the "added bonus" that this has happened long before 3d TV's have gotten "well into their next generation".
Every major studio was producing 3D films, every theater had 3D projection, every tv manufacturer had a 3D line. Availability is not practicality or durability. Doing crypto through *VISA* defeats the entire point of crypto, and just ticks boxes for VISA executives covering their asses. Neither PoW or PoS are sustainable solutions. The break through that makes it all work is still to come.

Every major studio was producing 3D films, every theater had 3D projection, every tv manufacturer had a 3D line. Availability is not practicality or durability.
Cool. Again, I haven't really said anything regarding 3D. You're hung up there. I've said basically nothing about it.
Doing crypto through *VISA* defeats the entire point of crypto, and just ticks boxes for VISA executives covering their asses. Neither PoW or PoS are sustainable solutions. The break through that makes it all work is still to come.
Lets be clear here, you've just moved the goal posts. I quoted you twice, it's you that have stated that it's going to be a long time before you can "use crypto at your local corner store". That card directly contradicts that statement.

You’re being obtuse: that card is using Litecoin. It just can be used at places that accept Visa. Just like you transfer dollars with an ATM card that is "Visa" and it's not a "credit service" this card is literally using Litecoin. It's not a "credit card" in the traditional sense unless you're going to call Litecoin in particular and crypto in general "credits". It has a monthly fee for the privilege, which is why I don't think it's a good long term solution, but the point is you can go and spend your Litecoin anywhere using a card now - which again is basically the only thing I've stated. I haven't gone on any of these other tangents.

Last edited:
I quoted you twice, it's you that have stated that it's going to be a long time before you can "use crypto at your local corner store".
I live on an island, and there's a convenience store in town that has a crypto ATM.

Back