Player unknown Battlegrounds

PUBG PC 1.0 Update #9 is now officially live! PC players can now enjoy all of the update’s new additions and changes. Which includes the much-awaited Killer Cam to watch who got you and how? There are also a few bug fixes and UI/UX changes as well.

You could already see who killed you and how, this allows you to follow your killer for the rest of the match (or his killer etc..)

Just won an all shotty round with a bunch of aggro guys. Loads of fun. Event mode they say. Not sure what to make of it

Just won an all shotty round with a bunch of aggro guys. Loads of fun. Event mode they say. Not sure what to make of it
I got a win with a buddy too, just the two of us. kinda wish there were meds

anyone know how to turn up pubg volume even louder? I've got windows volume set to 60 which seems like a good amount for other apps. and I have pubg in-game volume maxed, but its not really loud enough. I think the only solution is to raise the windows volume to like 75 which is about right for pubg then lower all my other stuff.

anyone know how to turn up pubg volume even louder? I've got windows volume set to 60 which seems like a good amount for other apps. and I have pubg in-game volume maxed, but its not really loud enough. I think the only solution is to raise the windows volume to like 75 which is about right for pubg then lower all my other stuff.

i stopped playing cause i couldnt hear footsteps at all that were more than 5m away. got a decent headset as well (hyperX cloud 2) and all my friends always heard more than me. really put a dampener on the game for me

Broke top 150 in NA TPP duos with my buddy tonight. Almost to top 100, it's so close, we can taste it.

Well yeah. I use speakers with an external amp though. Even for headphones I would usually have an external amp. So I would always have the windows and game sound at 100%. If you have headphones I would encourage you to get even a cheap external amp so you can do the same. If you want to really hear footsteps that is.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Dell is hawking their laptops as perfect for cheating in PUBG! We all knew cheating was a selling point of PC gaming but Dell is going there and selling PCs off their ability to cheat really well.

https://www.techpowerup.com/243282/dell-gaming-laptops-are-perfect-for-cheating-in-pubg

"She spoke of how Chinese gamers are the most innovative and dominant in the world by using 'plugins' to, for example, run faster than other players, or blow up ten cars at a time, and that these top gamers can really use 8th-Gen power to 'run more plugins to win more at Chicken Dinner', and that the top players run the most 'plugins' so that's where 8th-gen Dell power gives them the gamer's edge. Behind her a video proudly shows various cheats in PUBG in action (they really like the one with the massively oversized gun and show that a lot), with the new Dell gaming laptops shown every few seconds while Sally told us that gamers should buy a Dell because they're better at running many plugins. Wow."

Jim Sterling: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is a successful failure

yeah, some of the items in pubg you can see in other games like squad. I spend 99% of my gaming time in fortnite now cause pubg is just bad. although, there is a place for a realistic BR game as fortnite is an entirely different animal. pubg was in instant success when it lauched just over a year ago. but why havn't other triple a devs competed against it besides fortnite? there is NO realistic properly working BR game out right now. money for the taking. everyone who owns pubg WILL buy a better game. its mind blowing to me there isn't a replacement to pubg right now.

I did play a little bit of savage last night and got a win. but why havn't they fixed the gunshot sound and blood. like what have they been doing since the first test? they textured a building or two? lol.

I'm done with PUBG unless the devs get off their lazy asses and fix the netcode. Too many fucking times I've mag dumped in to someone at close range just to not hit them once, only to have them turn around and 2 shot me.

yeah, some of the items in pubg you can see in other games like squad. I spend 99% of my gaming time in fortnite now cause pubg is just bad. although, there is a place for a realistic BR game as fortnite is an entirely different animal. pubg was in instant success when it lauched just over a year ago. but why havn't other triple a devs competed against it besides fortnite? there is NO realistic properly working BR game out right now. money for the taking. everyone who owns pubg WILL buy a better game. its mind blowing to me there isn't a replacement to pubg right now.

I did play a little bit of savage last night and got a win. but why havn't they fixed the gunshot sound and blood. like what have they been doing since the first test? they textured a building or two? lol.

I vastly prefer pubg over fortnite, map in fortnite is waaayyy to small in comparison, and I do better with less action so bigger maps, me lives longer.

I vastly prefer pubg over fortnite, map in fortnite is waaayyy to small in comparison, and I do better with less action so bigger maps, me lives longer.

I am still switching back and forth between the two games. I'm with you on living longer due to having a bigger map lol

PUBG isn't realistic... unless you mean "doesn't have cartoon graphics".

Hey if you guys haven't heard, there's a game called Ring of Elysium that's very similar in style to PUBG but plays much better IMO. I've been playing it like crazy the last few weeks and absolutely love it. It's made by Tencent (mega Chinese publisher and maker of PUBG mobile) and is currently in beta testing in Asia right now. Despite the servers being in Asia, the lag is very manageable and the gunplay IMO blows PUBG away. Here's a video of me and some friends playing it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/256833275

Article about it: https://www.techinferno.com/index.p...-elysium-a-pubg-clone-or-better-version-r104/

if anyone here plays it, PM me and we can team up.

Downloaded and tried ROE last night, played 14 more tonight vs any PUBG. TONS of potential & lots to love. Needs some clean up though but overall a complete blast to play. Launcher and game are fickle as hell though, cant run anything and I mean anything else on my PC till I get the game loaded ,then I can fire up screen cap, browsers and Discord. But if I load too much the game crashes. Usually the game service fails and requires a reboot to reset as well.

I think this is the first game that has a shot at really competing with PUBG in the same segment, Fortnite is the same game style just a completely different type of implementation so I don't see it as a direct competitor.
Thanks for posting that, fun game and I hope it only gets better!

Downloaded and tried ROE last night, played 14 more tonight vs any PUBG. TONS of potential & lots to love. Needs some clean up though but overall a complete blast to play. Launcher and game are fickle as hell though, cant run anything and I mean anything else on my PC till I get the game loaded ,then I can fire up screen cap, browsers and Discord. But if I load too much the game crashes. Usually the game service fails and requires a reboot to reset as well.

I think this is the first game that has a shot at really competing with PUBG in the same segment, Fortnite is the same game style just a completely different type of implementation so I don't see it as a direct competitor.
Thanks for posting that, fun game and I hope it only gets better!

Thanks for the heads up bro, had never heard of this ever. Even though the asia server only thing is super annoying as i hate laggy messes, im downloading it now to try it out!

Thanks for the heads up bro, had never heard of this ever. Even though the asia server only thing is super annoying as i hate laggy messes, im downloading it now to try it out!

5150Joker gets the credit for the post. I watched 30 seconds of video in the linked article and I was sold lol. I streamed 4 or so hours on Twitch that night which I have going on Youtube today. No editing done so it wont have any apparent bias.

Played PUBG tonight and man I miss the weighted vehicles, bullets that "work" consistently and such from ROE. Even with the 1 to 2 seconds of game lag I can adjust for consistency like that. I'm up to 74 or 75 chicken dinners but its getting to be a chore some nights with the bs still rampant. Not as bad as it was but lean togglers and such abound :( Both games have a lot to offer but I think ROE wins out for me right now because it just works properly overall. I really hope PUBG gets their head out of the sand and gets their game back up to par.

5150Joker gets the credit for the post. I watched 30 seconds of video in the linked article and I was sold lol. I streamed 4 or so hours on Twitch that night which I have going on Youtube today. No editing done so it wont have any apparent bias.

Played PUBG tonight and man I miss the weighted vehicles, bullets that "work" consistently and such from ROE. Even with the 1 to 2 seconds of game lag I can adjust for consistency like that. I'm up to 74 or 75 chicken dinners but its getting to be a chore some nights with the bs still rampant. Not as bad as it was but lean togglers and such abound :( Both games have a lot to offer but I think ROE wins out for me right now because it just works properly overall. I really hope PUBG gets their head out of the sand and gets their game back up to par.

just tried 3 times to run the game and getting this error message right when roe opens up in window mode at initial start

yd9bJfj.jpg

??? :(

Wow, the game is fucking great guys! Literally felt like playing in a US server for me. Only complaint was that i could not run 1440p as mentioned, capped at 1920x1080 but the game honestly felt great. Dare i say, felt even less ice skatey feeling then PUBG. and in my 2nd game right now, in solo, i just won!

hahah

81yjl36.png

Kicked off a new thread for ROE here so we don't derail the PUBG thread.

--------------------

I played some PUBG tonight as well and it wasn't too bad but the vehicles are all messed up after this latest big patch. Too lightweight and bouncy as it were. Still getting the parachute bug where it has a mind of its own lol.

I don't know if they ever fixed the issue where some shots are being registered on a players hand, I had 4 KAR98 shots on someone (no they did not heal) and they did not go down :(

Is this game feasible to start playing, or has it been overtaken by aliens and no new players stand a chance?

Ok. Just wanted to be sure. Sometimes with games after a year or so there are so many uber-players it's too frustrating to try and get your foot in the door.

For example, I couldn't even imagine being a beginner in World of Warships right now...

Ok. Just wanted to be sure. Sometimes with games after a year or so there are so many uber-players it's too frustrating to try and get your foot in the door.

For example, I couldn't even imagine being a beginner in World of Warships right now...

There are good players. But the games play out so random. Sometimes I don't last 1 minute, other times I'm in the final 10 players.

Watch some youtube and twitch players. Give you an idea of what's involved.

Your first few rounds may be a little rough while you learn how the game functions and what you need to pick up and equip etc. After that its just learning how the bullets drop and "connect" to the target. Its fairly simple to make top 15 or better. The benefit of games like this is you can play them however you want. Run and gun, tactics, kills, going for the win. Thats their appeal.

If you've played FPS games you'll be fine :)

did one the the latest updates change the sound? gunshots seem louder and harder to tell distance

Last edited:
did one the the latest updates change the sound? gunshots seem louder and harder to tell distance

I did notice some changes too in that departement (and the return of the parachute on your back and some new items)

Back