Pixel Class Action Lawsuit - Anyone get money?

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
So when the class action lawsuit came around over the OG Pixel and the microphone issues, etc. came around, I filled out the online form. They wanted "documentation" so I pulled up my replacement part purchases on Ebay and used those using the snipping tool to add them as a .jpg to the form. I never did get the replacement parts to work right, so I ended up just trading it in on a Pixel 3. I didn't think anything of it...

Today, I got $350 via PayPal as my part of the settlement with this message:

This payment is the settlement benefit to which you are entitled for your eligible claim under the class action settlement in Weeks v. Google LLC (Pixel). This award may or may not be taxable, depending on your particular facts and circumstances. Please contact a tax advisor or other qualified financial counselor with any questions regarding the tax treatment of the settlement award you are receiving under this Class Action Settlement. The Settlement Administrator and the attorneys representing the parties in this case cannot provide you with any tax advice. If you have any questions concerning this distribution, please contact the Settlement Administrator by email at [email protected] or visit www.pixelsettlement.com.

Wow $350 from a class action lawsuits. That is pretty damn good. Normally you get like $30 if that.

I got my check in April as well. Very strange how it went down - had to resend documentation three to four times. Everytime the email asking for more documentation was tucked in the spam folder. If it wasn't for the Reddit threads with people proudly talking about their checks, I wouldn't have checked that fourth time (February). I was informed I would be in the 'second wave' of checks and lo and behold (during Covid ironically), I got the Pixel Settlement Check.

A great surprise for sure - and puts me well on my way on covering a future 4a purchase. I might actually just keep my current 3a as a backup - any Nexus 5X owner knows what I'm talking about lmao. (To compare - my OG Pixel can't keep much of a charge anymore anyway)

Wow $350 from a class action lawsuits. That is pretty damn good. Normally you get like $30 if that.
I got $150 from the Nexus 6P lawsuit. Not quite the chunk o' change that is $350 though.

I didn't even get my check until March 2020, which is well over a year after the settlement. So I'm guessing this was speedy in comparison?

I got $150 from the Nexus 6P lawsuit. Not quite the chunk o' change that is $350 though.

I didn't even get my check until March 2020, which is well over a year after the settlement. So I'm guessing this was speedy in comparison?
Eh what 6P lawsuit? I had one. I want my money but i didn't have any issue with mine.

Eh what 6P lawsuit? I had one. I want my money but i didn't have any issue with mine.
The 6P was notorious for shutting down with 50% battery and/or bootloop.

If you had those issues, you could have gotten money for your pain and suffering.

If you could demonstrate both issues, you could get up to $300, if I recall.

Back