Pixel 6 / Pixel 6 Pro / Pixel 6a

Starting to wonder if my 6 is defective. Whenever I wake it from the AOD, none of the home screen icons work. I have to tap them 3-5 times to launch. Anyone else have this problem?

My wife has an issue like that on her 5a. Maybe it's just an Android 12 "feature" that will be fixed.

Why do I like to go naked on large phones like the Pixel 6 Pro or my old iPhone 12 Pro Max? They just feel and look better caseless.

But smaller phones like Pixel 6 or old Pixel 5 I actually like in a case.

Why do I like to go naked on large phones like the Pixel 6 Pro or my old iPhone 12 Pro Max? They just feel and look better caseless.

I find that no matter what phone I have, they look better when they not cracked, so they get a case no matter what.

https://9to5google.com/2021/11/21/pixel-6-at-a-glance-upgrade/

Hopefully this will restore a lot of the functionality that was removed from the Pixel Launcher, too. That's still my biggest annoyance with the software on this thing. They took something that worked great, shrunk the fonts, made every touch open Google weather, and force it take up a giant chunk of invisible real estate. Don't want to see it at all? The option to toggle it off only disables the alerts - it's still there taking up space. After all the neat stuff they demo'd - what we actually have is on the verge of broken.

Did anyone else make the switch from S21 ultra to Pixel Pro like I did? I'm still undecided on whether or not I made the right choice. I'm not a Pixel or Samsung fanboy as I go back at forth quite a bit as I like features of both and get bored fairly easy. Im not so sure on battery like yet on the 6 pro. I only managed 4 hours SOT max so far, but then again I haven't been able to use my phone enough during the day to get the battery down further before having to charge it at night. Being insanely busy with work doesn't help. I don't think I'm going to return the phone just to go back to an S21 ultra just because the S22 is right around the corner in like 4 months so I could continue to feel the 6 pro until then and see if the S22 has something I like better than 6 pro that's worth switch to. We'll see.

I have a Nomad leather skin on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Best option I have found for a large phone. It is real Horween leather and provides the feel and grip you get from leather but it’s very thin and adds almost no weight. Unfortunately Nomad does not have a Pixel 6 option.

https://nomadgoods.com/products/horween-leather-skin-rustic-brown-iphone-12-pro-max

Dbrand is releasing their real leather skins on Black Friday and I would imagine they will include options for the Pixel.

https://dbrand.com/shop/special-edition/leather

Post Office just delivered my dbrand Pixel 6 Grip case. It's nice! Has the grippiest material I've ever felt on a phone case, even better than the Speck Presidio Grip case I've had for every phone since 2016.

6553CF65-AEC7-4C5D-A194-74AA88286DCF.jpeg
4E51D295-88CC-4BA3-B6FB-36DD49496694.jpeg
021566E3-AD1B-4BAB-86D4-8C6C2EC59611.jpeg

I really like what I hear about the dbrand grip case. Looks cool with the Robot Camo skin. But is it too thick?
I know you prefer minimalist cases, so this one probably isn't for you. I'm pretty rough on my phones and 2-way radios, so this one is perfect for me.

I know the feeling. You could go with a tempered glass backed case. You can retain allot of the hand feel while keeping the phone itself safe as they are often hybrid style designs.

I've been switching between caseless and cased, but I find that curved glass really ruins the experience without a case. There always seems to be a situation where palm rejection doesn't quite work perfectly, rare but just often enough to be annoying.

How are those of you with the Pro finding it when going caseless?

Really like these cheap Chinese cases. Here's a picture of one next to my X-Level case for the regular Pixel 6, which i find the X case to be too greasy and sort of slimey;

Attachments

• PXL_20211127_182818794.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211127_182818794.PORTRAIT.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20211127_182806244.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211127_182806244.PORTRAIT.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20211127_182829544.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211127_182829544.PORTRAIT.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 0
Here it is with the phone in the case;.

Attachments

• PXL_20211127_183352591.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211127_183352591.PORTRAIT.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20211127_183422770.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211127_183422770.PORTRAIT.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20211127_183230523.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211127_183230523.PORTRAIT.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 0
That's the worst thing about buying cases online; finding out the texture / traction sucks. Last cheap case I picked up was almost great. Simple, cutouts and buttons lined up, not slippery. But going way to far the other direction in that every time I put it down anywhere it picked up the dust on the surface and don't even think about putting it in a pocket...

(edited for spelling wurds)

Last edited:
I'm very pleased with my dbrand Grip. Never expected to find a better case than the Speck Presidio Grip. The dbrand beats it easily. Ain't cheap, but $40 is a price worth paying for a super grippy and protective case.

I'm very pleased with my dbrand Grip. Never expected to find a better case than the Speck Presidio Grip. The dbrand beats it easily. Ain't cheap, but $40 is a price worth paying for a super grippy and protective case.

Those look pretty nice based on what I'm seeing from their website. How big is the lip around the camera? I'm mainly just looking for something that'll protect the camera from being directly on a surface or a small drop.

Those look pretty nice based on what I'm seeing from their website. How big is the lip around the camera? I'm mainly just looking for something that'll protect the camera from being directly on a surface or a small drop.
The lip around the camera is ever so slightly raised to where it feels flush with the hump.

Been digging this dark wallpaper on my 6 Pro, not sure where I originally found it, but it looks cool on this display;

Attachments

• Stardust11326_rectangle~2.jpg
    Stardust11326_rectangle~2.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 0
https://www.droid-life.com/2021/11/...ynlLkhMawdRTQGXmiAqVsG8v_RiOBhjCyEbw9dnr91RCY

I'm a crazy guy and have both the Pixel 6 Pro Cloudy White bought first, then freaked out because was HUGE and I hate curved edge displays, then picked up the Pixel 6 Seafoam Green, and at first LOVED the flat screen and smaller size, and more user friendliness.

But ... I did notice the performance difference, it's not a big difference, but the 6 Pro is just a smoother, more fluid and lag free phone, where the Pixel 6 I have to admit does have a tiny bit of hiccup or very minor lag here and there, where the 6 Pro just doesn't at all. Not saying the Pixel 6 is like some old Android laggy phone, not at all, it is a great phone, but it does have a few split second slow downs once in a while, that I just don't see on the Pixel 6 Pro.

I wish Google gave the Pixel 6 the same exact hardware spaces as the Pixel 6 Pro, like the 120hz LPTO display, and 12GB RAM, and telephoto lense, etc...

Last edited:
I'm very happy with everything about my P6 except the scanner. I fucking hate it. It's wildly inconsistent, needs constant rescanning, and take as many as 3, 4, 5 tries and then defaults to requiring the password to unlock.

I'm very happy with everything about my P6 except the scanner. I fucking hate it. It's wildly inconsistent, needs constant rescanning, and take as many as 3, 4, 5 tries and then defaults to requiring the password to unlock.

I turned off my FPS last month. F that

How about this wallpaper homescreen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-203534.png
    Screenshot_20211202-203534.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Fun wallpapers;

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-222554.png
    Screenshot_20211203-222554.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20211203-222547.png
    Screenshot_20211203-222547.png
    207 KB · Views: 0
Found an excellent glass screen protector for the standard 6. Actually seems to enhance the performance of the fingerprint scanner on my phone.

Tocol Glass Protector

Includes 3 full sized screen protectors, 3 camera protectors, installation tray for $19 bux.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back