Pixel 6 / Pixel 6 Pro / Pixel 6a

Sharing this article about 5g which has not been discussed much. Find it interesting

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-and-6-pro-work-5g-the-answer-is-complicated/

Further more this worries me

Google said on Thursday that unlocked Pixels will be able to get a software update to enable support for C-band, but that it will be up to the carriers to certify the unlocked phones to allow the devices to work on their respective networks.
Interesting, no 5G in my town so it doesn't matter much for me.

Attachments

• s-8.jpg
    s-8.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 0
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The sub C band is important as I am on TMobile. I don't care about mwave shit. Granted even the 5g 5a supports this but not enabled
I get it, I'm on ATT in small town Alaska. Anchorage has 5G but it will be a while before it comes here.

I still have my iPhone 12 Pro Max, just using it as a WiFi device at home.

But I have to admit, dang the build quality and display tech truly are AMAZING. So top of the line feeling.

And dark mode with apps set to black look fantastic. Safari with Dark Reader extension is super cool.

My point, I hope the Pixel 6 Pro feels as high quality and has a similar good display.

One thing I haven't heard or even rumored yet, is the battery life on the Pixel 6 line?

I have no idea what to expect? Amazing iPhone 13 Pro Max type battery life? Or are these new phones power hungry and will give mediocre Pixel 4 XL type battery life?

I'd be very satisfied of they're on par with my Pixel 5a, which gets tremendous battery life.

From what I've seen so far, I'm fairly certain it'll reach 5a battery life but I have my doubts it'll be up to iPhone 13 Pro Max levels which is quite extraordinary.

As for the 5G talk, the Pixel 6's all should have n77/n78 so the only thing to worry about I guess is mmWave if you're into that.

https://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-6-name-3042225/

Pixel 6 is the wrong name for Google's new phones;​

This might be one of the few times in recent memory a tech product has lived up to the hype. Having used both of the phones now (albeit very briefly), I can say this: these are the Pixels I've been waiting for. I've written before about how Google has continuously shot itself in the foot ever since the first Pixel in 2016, but that ends now. The new Pixels and especially the Pixel 6 Pro -are finally at the point where I might be ready to buy one for myself. I have never thought this about a Pixel phone. Ever.

https://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-6-name-3042225/

Pixel 6 is the wrong name for Google's new phones;​

This might be one of the few times in recent memory a tech product has lived up to the hype. Having used both of the phones now (albeit very briefly), I can say this: these are the Pixels I've been waiting for. I've written before about how Google has continuously shot itself in the foot ever since the first Pixel in 2016, but that ends now. The new Pixels and especially the Pixel 6 Pro -are finally at the point where I might be ready to buy one for myself. I have never thought this about a Pixel phone. Ever.
This would have been the perfect time to resurrect Nexus. Best phone name ever!!

Ordered the 6. Annoyed, but my 3xl would stop working for 2-3 days on end,(no screen) just couldn't deal with it, so I'll take a loss on my 5a but oh well. I wouldn't have done it if the headphones weren't included, good gift for m'lady. :D

Last edited:
Ordered the 6. Annoyed, but my 3xl would stop working for 2-3 days on end,(no screen) just couldn't deal with it, so I'll take a loss on my 5a but oh well. I wouldn't have done it if the headphones weren't included, good gift for m'lady. :D
Good call. I am gonna stick with my 5a. I got to spend money on the racecar so this won't happen to next year

5a isn’t available thru brick and mortar retailers so the base 6 will have to be the go to for anyone like me that needs a replacement phone that day.

I opted to scour Craigslist for whatever new under $300 thing I could get thru tmw on today.

My buds showed up yesterday. So far the only thing I've actually been charged for is the phone case, which isn't due to ship until the end of the week. I have zero plans to do so, but if I canceled my phone order I'd be curious to see what would happen.

https://www.androidpolice.com/google-pixel-6-review-/

Should you buy it?​

Yes. The Pixel 6 Pro is an amazing phone, especially given the surprisingly low $900 price, and I’m happy to recommend it to anyone. Frankly, it’s the first Pixel that has felt like a real no-compromise flagship since the original model debuted in 2016. Google’s finally taking phones seriously, and while it’s a joke that they had to count to 6 before the company could stop making dumb and easily avoided mistakes, I’m glad we’re here now. There’s no inexplicably crappy screen, bathtub notch, gimmicky gestures, or mid-range parts masquerading as a flagship phone. The Pixel 6 Pro is the real deal, and I think it’s the best premium Android phone you can buy right now.

Still, the Pixel 6 certainly isn't hurting for brightness. With the Adaptive Display feature enabled, we measured the Pixel 6's screen at 843 nits of brightness. That's brighter than the most comparable phones from Apple, Samsung and OnePlus.
And that's good enough for me. The Pro will likely hit 1000 nits but 800 is the brightness that's necessary for outside use.

It sounds like from several reviews that the optical fingerprint scanner is mediocre which is too bad. I'll just double-register my thumbs for now until Google patches this.

Last edited:
After using the (mostly awful) fingerprint scanner on my Samsung for a couple years, I doubt this one is any worse.

Skimmed through a bunch of reviews, and most are saying the battery life on the 6 Pro is good, but I'm not hearing it's amazing or super awesome battery? That does have me a little worried.

Also I haven't seen reviews on the regular Pixel 6?

Looks like it's only good and not super awesome. Too bad it can't get iPhone 13 levels but it seems to be the limit of Samsung 5nm + the X1 cores.

I wonder if you can set it to "Pixel 5a" mode where it turns off the X1's and just uses the A76's so it's functionally just a Pixel 5a lol.

Wonder how the battery life life is on the Pixel 6, with the 1080p display and 90hz refresh screen?

It sounds like from several reviews that the optical fingerprint scanner is mediocre which is too bad. I'll just double-register my thumbs for now until Google patches this.
CNET review criticized it too for being hit or miss. However, they said that after they registered their finger for a second time, it opens instantly on the first try. Will see if other reviewers are indicating if they have double registered their finger print or not.

https://gizmodo.com/the-pixel-6-is-so-good-why-buy-anything-else-1847927331

On our battery test, the standard Pixel 6 posted an outstanding time of 18 hours and 56 minutes, which is the second best time we’ve seen from any phone this year, right behind the iPhone 13 Pro Max (19:30). And while the Pixel 6 Pro wasn’t quite as impressive, lasting 16:45, it tied the Galaxy S21 Ultra while handily beating the OnePlus 9 Pro (13:54), and others.

https://www.engadget.com/google-pix...cs-camera-samples-battery-test-160014200.html

Both the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro last incredibly long. On our video rundown test, the Pixel 6 clocked 20 and a half hours, while the Pro managed 17 hours and 13 minutes. That puts them among the longest-lasting phones we've tested all year. In real world use, too, the Pixel 6 Pro typically stuck around longer than a day and I never stopped to think about charging it.

Wonder how the battery life life is on the Pixel 6, with the 1080p display and 90hz refresh screen?
Most of the reviews I've seen show the regular 6 as having about a 10% longer video rundown time than the pro model. Which is not surprising. The pro despite having the bigger battery has to push a lot more pixels and a bigger screen.

That said being "worried" that the battery life is only good and not super amazing is being a little dramatic.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I have to recharge my 3XL 2-3 times every day. Even when new, It only had decent battery life at best. If the 6 Pro can get me through a full day without a single recharge, I'm good.

Really goes to show how far ahead Apple is considering it's both much faster and has a smaller battery. If only Apple would modernize iOS more.

What's becoming quite apparent is how Tensor 1.0 really is Exynos with some Google ML parts. Too bad Samsung 5nm is so much worse than TSMC 5nm (it's actually closer to TSMC 7nm in power efficiency apparently).

Back