Pixel 2XL - Android 11 = Bricked!

Anyone had their Pixel bricked after Android 11 update? It's been a couple weeks now and it looks like Google has just forgot about this issue.

I am experiencing the same issue... When you launch the camera - or any app that uses the camera - it just crashes... Myself and others who have had this issue reported it and Google has done nothing...

Coincidently this happened days prior to the Pixel 5 release.. Almost as if it's their way of pushing us into buying the P5.... I'm done with Google. I really liked the P2XL and have skipped upgrading to other phones over the last couple of years... I will be going with the Samsung S20fe here in the next week or two... Just curious if anyone else on here experienced that issue with their Pixel...

I had the same camera issue with the 3 (non-XL). Google said it was 1 month out of warranty and to go F myself. I took it to a ubreakifix store, and they told me they couldn't fix the problem. I tried flashing different versions of Android on it (all the way back to the original), and no luck with that either. It clearly seemed like a software issue after an update that broke the hardware permanently.

So similar experience...just not with the 2XL. I traded it in on a 3a just because Google was giving the most money on a trade at the time. I wasn't happy about trading in a better phone and getting pennies on the dollar for it for an inferior phone.

Just save your documentation for the inevitable class action lawsuit. I got $350 back after my OG Pixel microphone issues.

No (major) issues here on my 2 XL with latest update. I've seen reports here and elsewhere of that camera failure on Pixel 2s though.

That's some serious horseshit. Not exactly "bricked" by I'd be furious beyond words.

I have pixel 2 not xl no issues with 11, have taken tons of pics.

My Pixel 2 non XL has been running fine for two months on beta 11 (now fully-upgraded)

No issues.

No (major) issues here on my 2 XL with latest update. I've seen reports here and elsewhere of that camera failure on Pixel 2s though.

I haven't had any camera issues, but my power button is erratic. Sometimes it presses twice and opens the camera, other times it does nothing. It takes about 10 clicks to get the screen to turn off.

I have read its hardware, which is possible, but it did correspond with the update. Probably just bad luck.

I thought for sure this would be the last phone I ever had to buy. Nearly 3 years now and it's still amazing.
Same here. My 2xl has been rocking. The 5 brought back all the features I liked on the 2 so I'll be keeping this for another year and moving to that.

This kinda stuff makes me nervous though. Google kept updating software longer than most so idk if I'd be surprised if issues crept up that they'd just ignore.

I thought for sure this would be the last phone I ever had to buy. Nearly 3 years now and it's still amazing.
This was the only smart phone I've ever owned that is still just as fast as when I got it 3 years ago.

I will stick with Pixel phones from now on, my Pixel 5 is coming in a few days. Didn't really need an upgrade but 90Hz and 5G sold it for me.

Back