Phone call notations on my pc speakers, why?

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
Part of me suspects the BT on my phone is connecting to my pc speakers, but i can clearly see its only connected to my car radio. Its not a big deal truthfully and honestly its half way amusing. My phone is Moto G7 and i only use win10 if it even matters at all.

Part of me suspects the BT on my phone is connecting to my pc speakers, but i can clearly see its only connected to my car radio. Its not a big deal truthfully and honestly its half way amusing. My phone is Moto G7 and i only use win10 if it even matters at all.

I'm presuming you're not seeing any on-screen indications. Do you have that Motorola Connect feature (for PC-based notifications of calls) enabled, or perhaps Microsoft's Your Phone?

I'm presuming you're not seeing any on-screen indications. Do you have that Motorola Connect feature (for PC-based notifications of calls) enabled, or perhaps Microsoft's Your Phone?
yes..and let me check the others...edit....just got thru looking thru those ideas and i have no memory of ever messing with either of those (but ill keep looking at them just in case. But yes iT ONLY an audible notification coming thru and nothing visual. I kept wondering my my normal blade runner ring tone had additional sounds (and my phone is in front of the speakers or close by) I should quickly power off my speakers next time i get a call, just to be 100%? Right? lol:D

Last edited:
yes..and let me check the others...edit....just got thru looking thru those ideas and i have no memory of ever messing with either of those (but ill keep looking at them just in case. But yes iT ONLY an audible notification coming thru and nothing visual. I kept wondering my my normal blade runner ring tone had additional sounds (and my phone is in front of the speakers or close by) I should quickly power off my speakers next time i get a call, just to be 100%? Right? lol:D

Besides software, the only cause I can imagine right now is crosstalk!

Besides software, the only cause I can imagine right now is crosstalk!
ok i just called myself from my wifi backup model....it is absolutely ringing thru my pc speakers (while the ring tone on phone plays)...its playing like a 4 note simple ring. I get ZERO visual notifications......Its has to be somehow BT'ing to my win10.....its kinda neat but i need to figure out how to control it...OR that built in phone app is doing it? only question is how

OK just figured this out......Its coming thru an open email Tab in my browser. Look here
Capture.PNG

Lol i had no idea it was/could do this....Well now i know LOL...I had no idea i could answer the calls in my email tab of the browser:D Modern phoned do a little to much lol....If i were into illegal crap i would be heavily concerned with privacy for sure...the option must be in the google FI software on my phone (to ring or use on my pc).....no biggie

It somehow uses the Google hangouts (which is running if email tab is open) built into the browser?

Last edited:
Huh, that's interesting. Glad you figured it out!
Yea it took a little while do to the random nature of getting calls and having gmail tab open at the same time (or not). You can imagine wondering why both your phone and pc are ringing and other times it was not.

Yeah, working from home I've spent way to much time figuring out one of the notification pings that was coming from one of the three computers in front of me.

Google Fi + Hangouts lets you make calls/texts from your PC and any other phone that you have connected to Hangouts. If you get a call it will ring on all devices connected.

Google Fi + Hangouts lets you make calls/texts from your PC and any other phone that you have connected to Hangouts. If you get a call it will ring on all devices connected.
Guess you could say i accidentally discovered just that...Im sure it comes in very handy for certain people? For those who wear headsets non stop all day answering calls? lol its is kinda nice being able to do the same thing 10 different ways? (right) :)....I very much do love the free visual voice mail and the Spam call screener (very nice indeed)....The Hangouts thing or duo i had not really used yet

You can disable it from the settings on the google voice website if you have a google number. Don't know about new accounts with fi.

Guess you could say i accidentally discovered just that...Im sure it comes in very handy for certain people? For those who wear headsets non stop all day answering calls? lol its is kinda nice being able to do the same thing 10 different ways? (right) :)....I very much do love the free visual voice mail and the Spam call screener (very nice indeed)....The Hangouts thing or duo i had not really used yet

If you don't like hangouts then remove it as your dialer/text app and use google messages with the default dialer, Spam Call Screening and Visual VM are included with Google services and are not Hangouts specific. I personally find Hangouts useful as I have a personal and work phone and I don't need to carry both. It also uses data for Calls and Text so you don't need mobile service to do either (My house is a dead spot for any service).

Back