phobia 400mm radiator enough

Jbort1984

[H]ard|Gawd
looking at water cooling my system when i finally get my new mobo wondering if http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...erstone_Cooler_Master_Yate_Loon_Bitfenix.html Will be enough to cool a
2600k@5ghz
2x evga gtx 570 hd 1280mb editions

I want to use http://www.xoxide.com/swiftech-maelstrom51-4-dualbayreservoir-w-dualmcp35xpumps.html or something like it
My case is a second gen nzxt phantom and will be using the nzxt 200mm fans to push air through the radiator. Might be adding a 3rd gtx 570 down the road irf i can find a good deal on one.

You'd only need the version with 1 pump in that reservoir, not 2 of them for that loop. As far as the rad goes, i wouldn't feel comfortable using more than the 2 x 570's on it myself.

I'd say the radiator is WAY more than enough to keep the whole system cool...

Just using basic math and experience a SINGLE 120mm radiator (in this case a all-in-one Kuhler 620) is enough to properly cool a 2500k...a Kuhler 620 also cools a GTX580.

So if you have 2 video cards and 1 CPU 3x120 would efficiently cool the system FINE. I know the 620 cools my CPU to around 60-65C 100% load and when I had one on my GTX580 @ 975mhz it cooled it to around 60C.

So considering the 2 x 200mm radiator is effectively 400mm and a 3 x 120mm radiator is 360mm I would venture to say that the radiator you have chosen is more than adequate and should perform admirably!

I'm sure my thought process isn't spot on...but if a single/dual 120mm radiator is enough for a CPU and/or GPU...than yeah...thats plenty. Always get a second opinion though! :p

Ok well i got 1 yes and 1 no on the rad so if i add a second single 120mm to the rear all should be cool

It should be fine, but a wrench in the radiator area equation is the fact that there are no fast spinning 200/180mm fans, and those fans generally have poor static pressure.

It should be able to cool your system just fine, and if it can't, you can always add more radiators later.

It should be more than enough rad for the heat output, but like others have said there arent really any good fans.

Running them push-pull would help with that though.

Adding a 120mm rad with good fans would help out quite a bit, if you place the radiator in right spot in the loop (after CPU but before GPUs maybe).

if i did the second 120mm rad in the back i was thinking of adding it inbetween the cpu and gpus to make my loop go

Res/pump
400mm rad to cpu
120mm rad to gpus
back to res.
or is there a better way to do it.

Loop order doesn't matter if flow rates are high enough. Just route the tubing as cleanly and as organized as you can.

tha why i went with that loop order just seemed to me it would flow easier and i would be able to keep the internals of my case looking good

Back