Phanteks NV7

I'm curious about the dimensions of the case, specifically the height and the length of that side fan bracket.

I watched quite a bit of coverage of this case and IIRC the side fans are 120mm only, up to 4, and cannot support a 480x120mm radiator as there is no additional space for the radiator tanks. So 360x120mm radiator maximum on the side.

I want to like this case, but I don't know why I can't bring myself to do so. I'm thinking it's just a taller version of the 011D which in itself was the "something different" the PC enthusiasts needed at the time. Now I'm starting to think the design is just getting rehashed with manufacturers putting their little spins on said design. Brings me back to when it seemed everything was running off that old Chieftec case design years ago.

I think PC cases are only going to get so-unique. I always liked the O11. I think the Phantek takes it a step further with a few better features. The Hyte Y60 is in the same boat.

I think PC cases are only going to get so-unique. I always liked the O11. I think the Phantek takes it a step further with a few better features. The Hyte Y60 is in the same boat.
You are right that there is only so much that they can do at this point with case design. I had the 011Dynamic and XL, while the XL wasn't bad the Dynamic was a hot box. The Phantek case is nice, but it still resembles the 011 cases IMO, though it may have better air flow. The Hyte Y60 is just another 011D clone that has an angled piece of glass to make it different, so from what I've read it is a hot box also, and is getting way too much hype.

Most of the cases with this design are best suited for custom water cooling. There are definitely better options for air cooling, but those tend not to be a nice looking.

After the O11 Dynamic I think that's the new trend (shape). Beautiful case BTW. Wondering how much is going to cost.

Back