Phanteks Enthoo Elite vs Corsair Obsidian 1000D and Lian-Li PC-V3000WX

zurfedn

n00b
I don't see a lot of benefits and disadvantages to either so what do you think? I am going to have a large motherboard with water cooling (not AIO). The size difference does not seem that different except for the 300mm width of the 1000D being much larger and having two fan columns. Does this small increase in all dimensions help? I am not going to be using a 2nd motherboard in the 1000D.

Now, it might seem strange, but what would you choose for a super-silent, water-cooled machine? and Why?

Lian-Li PC-V3000WX
Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Phanteks Enthoo Elite

Lian-Li is alu but narrow, Obsidian is steel, but spacious, Elite is... expensive and nice I guess?

which is the difference between these 3>?> in terms of space, water cooling options,, material quality, and etc?

Attachments

• 414NI6YCH6L._AC_.jpg
    414NI6YCH6L._AC_.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 0
  • small_20181016152216_corsair_obsidian_1000.jpg
    small_20181016152216_corsair_obsidian_1000.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 0
Personally, none of them. I am not a fan of allocating 500+ for a case.

If you are doing your own water cooling setup I would think having a larger open cavity would be better so that lends to removable drive bays, or completely squirreling them away in the back.

I won't comment on the Corsair case but I will say this...I went from an 800D to a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe and the process of "building" the system (installing parts into the case, cable routing, etc) was downright enjoyable on the phanteks. Far easier than using my 800D from Corsair...

I won't comment on the Corsair case but I will say this...I went from an 800D to a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe and the process of "building" the system (installing parts into the case, cable routing, etc) was downright enjoyable on the phanteks. Far easier than using my 800D from Corsair...
My 900D wasn't a dream either for installation, but damn do I hate the look of more modern cases.

I have the pc v3000. It is nothing short of awesome. I think it looks better than those other two cases. I can tell you that it comes with a ton of accessories, the layout is simple and it is a dream for water cooling. It is not as narrow as you think it just looks like it in pics because it is so tall. The chamber behind the motherboard has enough room to run hard tubing for a cleaner look. There is no plastic on the case, even the front facia is aluminum. Even all the drive cages and all removable pieces are metal. The quality is outstanding. Your challenge will be finding one. I think i have the last one sold in north america and I searched for months.

Found one in kuala lampur hehe https://shopee.com.my/Lian-Li-PC-V3...pered-Glass-E-ATX-Casing-i.13888920.856166008

This store custom made me a floor and back wall cover for less that a hundred US and shipped it for 20 bucks.

https://www.coldzero.eu/

Last edited:
I have the pc v3000. It is nothing short of awesome. I think it looks better than those other two cases. I can tell you that it comes with a ton of accessories, the layout is simple and it is a dream for water cooling. It is not as narrow as you think it just looks like it in pics because it is so tall. The chamber behind the motherboard has enough room to run hard tubing for a cleaner look. There is no plastic on the case, even the front facia is aluminum. Even all the drive cages and all removable pieces are metal. The quality is outstanding. Your challenge will be finding one. I think i have the last one sold in north america and I searched for months.

Found one in kuala lampur hehe https://shopee.com.my/Lian-Li-PC-V3...pered-Glass-E-ATX-Casing-i.13888920.856166008

This store custom made me a floor and back wall cover for less that a hundred US and shipped it for 20 bucks.

https://www.coldzero.eu/

do you believe that elite has very good quality,.,. and also that elite has the best watercooling options??
also elite is very big case??

for xtream water cooling.( i want to have alot of options in watercooling also i want the ultra tower to have big spaces for hardisks, sdds,, gpus, and etc . . very good airflow .. and also in the ultra tower i am going to put one E-ATX and one mini-ITX system,..
which is better from these 3??

Lian-Li PC-V3000WX
Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Phanteks Enthoo Elite

Which are the positives and the negatives for these 3 cases in terms on , water cooling options,, material quality, and etc?

i want to buy one from these 3..

also why elite is so expensive..??

Last edited:
One reason the Phanteks is so $ is because it adds an easy 200 bucks (or probably more) in accessories that you'd be paying for separately from anyone else. Vertical mount bracket, riser cables, etc.

Does that justify 850? IDK. That's up to you.

But as was mentioned earlier, I have a Phanteks case, and building in it is absolutely enjoyable. I love it, and will absolutely buy them again.

I would say that the v3000 has the most blank canvas out of the 3. Probably the lightest, even though it is all metal(aluminum.) The most classic with 360 front, 360 top and a chamber for 480 below. Simple, classic styling. Cheapest if you can find one at around $350.
The Elite seems to be the most specialized. It is designed for dual systems(EATX plus micro atx) Big, modern, made with mostly aluminum, good looks, can run dual 480 rads and a 360, but $800?
The 1000D appears to be the one you want if you just want to jam it full of radiators. 2 480's at the front 2 360's on the top, that is a ton of radiator. However it seems a silly purchase if you are not actually going to do that. Not silly in terms of value but in terms of looks. Also those glass doors give it the appearance of being flimsy to me. I am not saying it is flimsy, but it looks thrown together IMO. Ugliest?

check these out:

Last edited:
I would say that the v3000 has the most blank canvas out of the 3. Probably the lightest, even though it is all metal(aluminum.) The most classic with 360 front, 360 top and a chamber for 480 below. Simple, classic styling. Cheapest if you can find one at around $350.
The Elite seems to be the most specialized. It is designed for dual systems(EATX plus micro atx) Big, modern, made with mostly aluminum, good looks, can run dual 480 rads and a 360, but $800?
The 1000D appears to be the one you want if you just want to jam it full of radiators. 2 480's at the front 2 360's on the top, that is a ton of radiator. However it seems a silly purchase if you are not actually going to do that. Not silly in terms of value but in terms of looks. Also those glass doors give it the appearance of being flimsy to me. I am not saying it is flimsy, but it looks thrown together IMO. Ugliest?
If you're just going for radiator overkill, and then some?

https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=124

This fucker holds more radiators than you can possibly ever need.

check these out:

so between these 3 which from these 3 you believe is better>?> in most terms/.>? of size,, customwatercooling and etc??
both 3 are very good..

but which from you these 3 you believe is better?? if you count all the things??>

I was like you, I wanted a big tower and I looked at these three cases. I think they are all going to be easy to build in. I think the Enthoo is too pricey, I would search for a second hand caselabs at that price. The 1000D I just do not like, its just too gaudy. I would, and did get the pc v3000. Keep in mind that it is discontinued and it is the only one of these three that I actually own. It just has a classier look to me that will stand the test of time. Plus you can get it for around $350.

I was like you, I wanted a big tower and I looked at these three cases. I think they are all going to be easy to build in. I think the Enthoo is too pricey, I would search for a second hand caselabs at that price. The 1000D I just do not like, its just too gaudy. I would, and did get the pc v3000. Keep in mind that it is discontinued and it is the only one of these three that I actually own. It just has a classier look to me that will stand the test of time. Plus you can get it for around $350.
because i liked elite do you believe that elite is very big case?? do you believe that is very big tower with extreeme watercooling options and very large spaces for everything??

because i liked elite do you believe that elite is very big case?? do you believe that is very big tower with extreeme watercooling options and very large spaces for everything??
Looks like you like the elite. Listen, if I loved the elite I would have no problem with spending the money on it. This is a personal opinion. The Elite is a modern case, it is all aluminum according to others that have owned it. That is important to me, I hate plastic cases or cases that have metal bones but plastic facias tacked on. As far as connections the pcv3000 has them all, as do all these cases. I, personally, do not love the styling of the elite at any price. It is, by all accounts, a great case. At 800 bucks I, as I said, would go for a caselabs on the used market or possibly https://www.performance-pcs.com/cha...-tower-case-black-sc-spectre-2-bk-d.html.html if money was no object. That spectre case is overpriced imo but it doesnt seem like money is the issue here.

You like the elite, get it brother. they love it here

Looks like you like the elite. Listen, if I loved the elite I would have no problem with spending the money on it. This is a personal opinion. The Elite is a modern case, it is all aluminum according to others that have owned it. That is important to me, I hate plastic cases or cases that have metal bones but plastic facias tacked on. As far as connections the pcv3000 has them all, as do all these cases. I, personally, do not love the styling of the elite at any price. It is, by all accounts, a great case. At 800 bucks I, as I said, would go for a caselabs on the used market or possibly https://www.performance-pcs.com/cha...-tower-case-black-sc-spectre-2-bk-d.html.html if money was no object. That spectre case is overpriced imo but it doesnt seem like money is the issue here.

You like the elite, get it brother. they love it here

in most terms/.>? of size,, customwatercooling exrtreame options and etc the elite is very good??

also elite is very big case with a lot of plenty of room??

Back