PG32UQX - ASUS 32" 4K 144 Hz HDR1400 G-Sync Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. This is how BT1886 gamma is enabled. It has higher contrast of both deeper black and higher brightness.

When there is a HDR movie released the B.1886 + wider gamut always sit much closer to the HDR version. It's how the expanded dynamic range works from sRGB (Rec. 709, 2.2) 80nits to Rec.2020, ST.2084 , 1000nits. With this monitor you can even grade every level of HDR1000 footages without problems.

View attachment 563193

When I use YCBCR on the monitor and NVIDIA control panel, there is a period at startup for Windows 11 when it boots in RBG before changing to YCBCR; this causes my monitor to have a Purple Tint until I manually reset the GPU drivers. I have to do this every time I boot up Windows 11. Do you know of any workaround for this?

When I use YCBCR on the monitor and NVIDIA control panel, there is a period at startup for Windows 11 when it boots in RBG before changing to YCBCR; this causes my monitor to have a Purple Tint until I manually reset the GPU drivers. I have to do this every time I boot up Windows 11. Do you know of any workaround for this?
Does it look like this?

52974854168_23afaabbdd_o_d.png

I remember that it can happen when the PC restarts frequently, and the monitors constantly switch between different modes. This happened to me when the PC shut down multiple times with HDR enabled, switched to BIOS with HDR disabled, and then booted up with HDR enabled again, but with a purple or blue tint on one or two monitors. YCbCr is enabled.

Normally, manually switching HDR on the monitor again can resolve the issues by itself.

Reactions: Xar
like this
Does it look like this?

View attachment 576708

I remember that it can happen when the PC restarts frequently, and the monitors constantly switch between different modes. This happened to me when the PC shut down multiple times with HDR enabled, switched to BIOS with HDR disabled, and then booted up with HDR enabled again, but with a purple or blue tint on one or two monitors. YCbCr is enabled.

Normally, manually switching HDR on the monitor again can resolve the issues by itself.
Yea it looks exactly like the one on the left with the purple tint. I guess there's not really an automatic solution yet. I normally do the Shift+Ctrl+Win+B to refresh the gpu driver to fix it. At least I know it is not a defect of the monitor. Thanks.

Does it look like this?

View attachment 576708

Come join our discussion, kramnelis. We'll talk about the impact of Self-Emissive/Self-Lit technology on the entire display industry and what it means for LCD, LED, Mini-LED & the likes of such in the next 7-8 years. Need more of these experiments of yours also.

Is this what you got? These spiritual talks for crap inaccurate TV users who don't make shit but pure imagination.

Better get a proper HDR monitor in the first place. Learn some steps to make HDR instead of barely seeing it lol.

Is this what you got? These spiritual talks for crap inaccurate TV users who don't make shit but pure imagination.

Better get a proper HDR monitor in the first place. Learn some steps to make HDR instead of barely seeing it lol.
So uh, I guess you're banned on avsforum?

So uh, I guess you're banned on avsforum?
I'm never interested in places for amateur TVs where you can do nothing.

I know someone must be interested in some echo chambers where a bunch of guys talk like they've never made HDR for once.

Or they talk like fast 120Hz OLED TV can give you competitive edge against 360Hz LCD huh?

Your last resort is boasting and ducking like always... Getting annihilated by OLED enthusiasts multiple times changed your stance on it forever. It's a pity you'll never be the same again nor learn how to cope when it comes to OLED.

Your last resort is boasting and ducking like always... Getting annihilated by OLED enthusiasts multiple times changed your stance on it forever. It's a pity you'll never be the same again nor learn how to cope when it comes to OLED.
ROFL these virtual players hallucinate enough to think themselves some kind of enthusiasts? It's more like you are in some kind of cult Instead. This is your last resort to run away to some other subpar forums instead of staying in this one.

You can not even afford a proper monitor to compare. Time to level up to get some real evidence instead hallucinating shit in your head.

Remember this?

Remember how it's always your ABL-wasted dim OLED gets annihilated by mini-LED even from 5 years old. And you think TV users can make HDR? You can barely see it while I can not only see HDR1400 but also make HDR1400. This is a fundamental difference.

821896_52742302083_afcb7743d4_k_d.jpg

Look at these TV users. A bunch of guys look at a bunch of sub 300nits ABL panels and wowed by their inaccurate colors.

52979047743_a1ef997862_o_d.png

ROFL these virtual players hallucinate enough to think themselves some kind of enthusiasts? It's more like you are in some kind of cult Instead. This is your last resort to run away to some other subpar forums instead of staying in this one.

You can not even afford a proper monitor to compare. Time to level up to get some real evidence instead hallucinating shit in your head.
Oh yeah, means a lot coming from a chump who got wrecked multiple times across multiple sites boasting his stupid shitty 🌞 agenda nobodys willing to buy... 😂

I'm not sure why this thread has become so hostile. There is a lot of good information here from both sides, so I'd hate for a mod to close this thread because of it. I think it's pretty clear, if you want high quality HDR, PG32UQX is pretty much the king. If you are looking for the absolute fastest response time, no one would argue that OLED is king there. Some great points too about DC vs. PWM for backlighting as well. Flickering (even high speed) with PWM can absolutely cause eye strain, so watch for that one cheaper HDR monitors.

I've had my PG32UQX for over 7 months now and it is the best gaming experience I have ever had. Games look absolutely mind blowing on it.

Oh yeah, means a lot coming from a chump who got wrecked multiple times across multiple sites boasting his stupid shitty 🌞 agenda nobodys willing to buy... 😂
Funny who's getting wrecked multiple times? The more you talk the more OLED get wrecked as well lol. Better go back to your cult to imagine what HDR looks like.
It is always you getting wrecked multiple times with nothing to show at all but pure bullshit.

I'm not sure why this thread has become so hostile. There is a lot of good information here from both sides, so I'd hate for a mod to close this thread because of it. I think it's pretty clear, if you want high quality HDR, PG32UQX is pretty much the king. If you are looking for the absolute fastest response time, no one would argue that OLED is king there. Some great points too about DC vs. PWM for backlighting as well. Flickering (even high speed) with PWM can absolutely cause eye strain, so watch for that one cheaper HDR monitors.

I've had my PG32UQX for over 7 months now and it is the best gaming experience I have ever had. Games look absolutely mind blowing on it.

Most forum users are virtual players who can barely afford the average product with nothing else to compare but imagine beyond whatever they have. Yet their imaginations are off the cliff to become cult members. So they start to spread misinformation since they cannot afford anything more.

I once said PG32UQX will stay ahead at least for another year. Now it is most likely it is going to stay straight ahead for the next entire 3 years like how PG27UQ did since 2018. It's predicted the cut-down PG32UQXR won't arrive until Q4. AUO new 32" high fresh rate mini-LED panels won't be announced until CES in 2024. So new upgraded monitors won't be announced until next year. When they are actually announced it's already 2025. When they are available it's already 2026.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back