Peerless AV PS200 Component Shelf ❤

djoye

2[H]4U
https://www.peerless-av.com/products/ps200

For a long time I had been looking for a wall-mount shelf for heavy stuff, particularly my PC and AV receiver, the Peerless PS200 had long since eluded me until last week. Rated to hold 100lbs, adjustable so you can ensure that they're level while loaded, I bought these for $40/ea from Best Buy.

PXL_20201110_224854636.jpgPXL_20201110_224912483.jpg
  • Yes, the PC is on the edge of the arms, but it feels parked. I do have a piece of glass that I could put there, but maybe later. I really need a smaller piece of glass and some rubber between the glass and arms.
  • The AVR fit properly, obviously what these were designed to hold
  • Straps are included, haven't tried to strap down the PC, so not sure if they're that big
  • Camera exposure makes the case lights look bright
  • I will patch the wall soon (I glue in a thin piece of wood before inserting a piece of drywall)
  • I will paint the walls... some day... and get proper sound deadening panels
  • As soon as I bust my shins on those arms I'll shorten them with a cutting wheel
I'm just super pleased with these. You dig through pages of crappy wall-mount AV shelves that might hold a skimpy Blu-ray player, then one day these just appear and they're legit.

That's a 'shelf' ? Looks like something that would hold a shovel in garage, sorry mate it's terrible😖😭🖤💔💔
:ROFLMAO: Well this isn't HGTV. Function over form. Apparently no one wants to make pretty shelves for items over 30lbs.

I like that. PC is not on the floor, which is always a good thing. (y)

I am considering wall mounting my Fractal Design R6

Using brackets like this, Steel L brackets with a little 1/4" hook on the distal end. I'm not sure those are the exact one's I found, but the dimensions for mine are within 1/4" of the case width. Planning to mount the bracket possibly to the front or back of a wood board (jointed, planed, sanded, finished) maybe route channels in the wood for the brackets to get a more elegant look. Could just put em' in the wall far a lower profile, may do that too. Possibly going behind the wall mounted tv... Sorta put the project on the back burner after getting the brackets, and having a kid.

Brackets like this come in so many styles, and I haven't found a better way than flipping through pages on Amazon to find just the right dimensions/material.

I do think you have the right plan with your brackets, and it looks pretty good and consistent going with a finished product.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: djoye
like this
Yeah, you could use a wooden shelf as easily as a glass shelf. Drill a couple of holes, and a wooden shelf could be attached.

:ROFLMAO: Well this isn't HGTV. Function over form. Apparently no one wants to make pretty shelves for items over 30lbs.

Looks like a higher end AVR (Denon) those are usually right about or possibly a tad over 30 Pounds.
I found a Denon AVR-1907 in the trash because the hard power on/off switch would not stay in the latched on position (easily fixed) that weighs about 28 Pounds

I like that. PC is not on the floor, which is always a good thing. (y)

Yes I need to do this in my place because the place was built on a concrete slab and if I don't get the chassis off of the floor the case quickly rusts on the bottom.

Back