PC soundbar speaker help

Ranulfo

2[H]4U
Anyone have a recommendation for a pc/misc. input speaker that is usb and/or 3.5mm input jack? Most seem to be usb powered but 3.5mm input or just usb powered and usb input. That or they are 3.5mm input and bluetooth. I'm mostly looking for a basic computer speaker that is small/unobstrusive to sit on a desk under a monitor with an easy way to hook up to multiple computers (not necessarily at once).

TIA

Anyone have a recommendation for a pc/misc. input speaker that is usb and/or 3.5mm input jack? Most seem to be usb powered but 3.5mm input or just usb powered and usb input. That or they are 3.5mm input and bluetooth. I'm mostly looking for a basic computer speaker that is small/unobstrusive to sit on a desk under a monitor with an easy way to hook up to multiple computers (not necessarily at once).

TIA
When you ask for advice like this, please give a price range you're willing to pay. There are literally thousands of options in different price ranges. If I were you I would visit a hifi shop and test a few in person and then make the decision. Sound bars are not so sensitive to room interference since they're gimmicky in nature to begin with.

I'm thinking of something fairly cheap, from a $15-20 type unit to maybe a $50-75 one, that would have wireless. I think I found one at bestbuy, Insignia (BB brand) with usb, rca and optical.

I have the older model and use it with the 3.5mm jack on pc’s I am testing and need sound.
Mine has the jacks on the top (shiny cover on the left) and the new one has the jacks on the back.
EDIT: mine is the Omni Jacket model, https://alteclansing.com/product/omnijacket/
B883C410-27EA-470A-A95F-984621F9047A.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm thinking of something fairly cheap, from a $15-20 type unit to maybe a $50-75 one, that would have wireless. I think I found one at bestbuy, Insignia (BB brand) with usb, rca and optical.
If you want an actual sound bar that's designed for that purpose, it's going to cost you upwards of 100 bucks. The product links shown above are portable speakers, not sound bars. Bluetooth will be unusable in 99% of cases due to the lag. A good sound bar costs 400-500 dollars usually. I wouldn't touch the 30-40 dollar "sound bars" available in Amazon. They will be very poor in quality, not worth their price. Get something from Bose, TCL, JBL or the likes if quality matters at all to you. If anything will go, grab the 40 dollar chinesium :)

Last edited:
Back