PC-Q25 Replacement

updawg

Gawd
Is there a similar style case with 5x hot swappable support in an ITX form factor? This is a perfect case for a plex media server but its not carried at newegg/amazon and am looking for alternatives. Thanks!

There is still a single pc-q25b available on amazon at this time: pc-q25b amazon
As for an alternative: Silverstone makes a pretty compact 8-bay hotswap-able case (DS380B). The DS380B has 8 hotswap-able bays at the front and can acomodate 4 2.5" drives internally.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
"New"? The CS01-HS was released in July 2015. It does look way better than any of the alternatives, though.

Thanks for the suggestions! I really like the Silverstone line.

To people who are familiar - do you guys backup your media servers or do you just rely on a RAID 5/6?

I know raid is for redundancy only and does not replace backups but do people really have duplicate systems? What solutions do you guys use?

RAID is not a backup... RAID just keeps ur data accessible while a drive dies...
having a second server with RAID could be a backup solution :-p
Or having a friend with a server can be a backup solution...
Or having a bunch of external USB drives...

I like this case: SilverStone DS380B
it's cheaper than the UNAS...

I know raid is for redundancy only and does not replace backups but do people really have duplicate systems? What solutions do you guys use?

External high capacity USB drives are pretty cheap. I've seen 8TB drives on sale for $180.

There's a catch with the USB drives. Don't expect to be able to slap all your data onto it in one mass copy. Majority of the budget USB drives will overheat and fail because they are passively cooled and encased in plastic. Stick a fan on it, and copy in small batches.

Back