PC Audio NewQ Gold 5.25 Bay Equalizer

Those are awesome I remember wanting one "back in the day" but I was a teenager (a "broke" teenager at that).
I remember "trying" to get a single din car stereo head unit in a 5.25" day the height is similar but the single din is quite a bit wider so no worky.

Thermaltake made a case or two back in the 2005 or so time frame that had a 1-DIN bay for a car stereo. :D

Edit, Thermaltake Mozart and Sword series was what I was thinking of I think. 2008, here's an article: https://pcper.com/2008/03/thermaltake-swordm-full-tower-case-review-part-1/5/

Wow! I never saw those back when they were new
That would look sweet with my Kenwood KDC-X998 that was pulled from a car my friend junked a few years back (why he did not want it is beyond me) it does work 100% fine though.
I wonder what I would do for the antenna though. A power antenna would look sweet on that.

Thermaltake made a case or two back in the 2005 or so time frame that had a 1-DIN bay for a car stereo. :D

Edit, Thermaltake Mozart and Sword series was what I was thinking of I think. 2008, here's an article: https://pcper.com/2008/03/thermaltake-swordm-full-tower-case-review-part-1/5/

I just looked and I found one of cases on eBay I don't know what they went for in 2008 but it was probably out of my price range then and still is even now.

Looking at the review page it looks like it has two 7" bays I wonder if they can be used together to house a double din head unit?

Wow! I never saw those back when they were new
That would look sweet with my Kenwood KDC-X998 that was pulled from a car my friend junked a few years back (why he did not want it is beyond me) it does work 100% fine though.
I wonder what I would do for the antenna though. A power antenna would look sweet on that.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This one sold for $217.50 + $11 Shipping + the now required sales tax for whatever the state you live in charges (CT is 6.35%) Wow! does anyone know the actual retail price for this in 1999 wow that was 21 Years ago where does time go?

This one sold for $217.50 + $11 Shipping + the now required sales tax for whatever the state you live in charges (CT is 6.35%) Wow! does anyone know the actual retail price for this in 1999 wow that was 21 Years ago where does time go?

I got one in 99 for right at about $100. I still have it and it actually still works.

The one I got last year (or maybe earlier this year?) was $50 new in box via Ebay. But that was just sheer luck from a pawn shop selling it out of NYC and they didn't know what it was and put a Buy It Now on it -- my search alert went off like 30 seconds after it was listed at 6am and I snagged it.

I wonder what a working external model goes for... I have 2 working specimens in storage.... might have to throw them on ebay and see what happens.

I wonder what a working external model goes for... I have 2 working specimens in storage.... might have to throw them on ebay and see what happens.

I never knew an external one existed. Have any pictures? I would post them [H[ere before you eBay them you may not make as much but on the plus side no eBay and PayPal fees to deal with

And you have many less scammers here, since most of us who would buy are well established members with good buy/sell/trade records. On Ebay, you have to deal with ridiculous return policies.

Back