overclocking i7 7700k on asrock z270 killer sli/ac mobo

Gabe3

2[H]4U
its been forever since I've overclocked. I'm seeing a cpu bottleneck in warzone. is anyone overclocking on a ASRock Z270 Killer SLI/AC mobo that can give me a little guide?

these are some of the settings I have that I don't know what to do with. looks like my mobo only has fixed and offset voltage options. but the offset option doesn't let me choose a default voltage, i dont understand. anyway, I got my i7 7700k to 4.8ghz at 1.3v fixed voltage keeping these settings to default as shown in the photo. not sure if its 100% stable I know my temps are limiting. I'm thinking of ordering a delid kit. I fooled around with 5ghz but I think it will take close to 1.4v. the overclock preset noob setting changes these settings in the pic. and also sets my fan speed to like 100% which is annoying. not sure how to fix that. I do know that when trying for 5ghz, the oc noob preset that changes these settings does help.

I'm thinking if I can't get to 5ghz with a reasonable vcore, like say under 1.4v, then doing a delid is a waste of time.

Attachments

• IMG_20201120_223031320.jpg
    IMG_20201120_223031320.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've been running a 5.0ghz 7700k for 4 years on a corsair aio cooler. only avx -1 it stays at 5.0 otherwise. I believe my V is about 1.34V on it, not fixed rather auto voltage with an offset to bring it to 1.34. This was the key in keeping it stable, as the demand goes up, it is better at auto voltage than trying to manually set it. Even with a manual setting and vdroop compensation at its best, the v would drop too much and threads would crash in prime. The auto keeps all cores fed properly and it passed 48 hour prime loads in its first weekend. Have not touched it since.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
I've been rocking my rig @ 5.0Ghz since day one without a de-lid. Board is different so you/may not have the same settings in the bios.

Cpu Ratio - All Cores
Cpu Multi - 50
Cpu Ratio - 45
Cache - Auto
Bclk Freq - Auto
Spectrum - Disable
Boot Perf Mode - Max Non Turbo
Stress Restrict - Disable
Fclk - 800
AVX - Auto
Bclk Aware - Enable
Ring to Core - Disable