Overclocking an Celeron-M ULV 353.

CoolDude

n00b
I am buying an Eee PC 4g, and it has this AWESOME cpu!

its underclocked to 650mhz, (the normal is 900mhz) and i wanted to make it better!

can anyone say if i overclock it for 1.3ghz, will it die? or damage the cpu?

Help needed!!

I'm not familiar with that laptop, you'll want to find out if it's the bios underclocking the cpu.

Socket M can be pin modded depending on the chipset etc. That cpu is a Dothan design with 9x multiplier on 100 bus. You may be able to pin mod the socket to run 133, which would do 1.2ghz or 865mhz at the crippled multiplier in theory. Check cpu wattage, look up max wattage cpus offered/supported on that laptop.

Dothan architecture could easily reach 2ghz plus but I never tried their celerons. I overclocked the snot out of my Dell laptop back in the day, was a 100fsb pentium m, 705 or something around 900-1100mhz. I pin moded the socket and swapped for a higher multi and ran 2ghz+stable, using smartfsb i think i topped out around 140fsb but could be misremembering now. If memory serves it was a pentium m 725, x16 multi, with fsb mod put it around 2.1ghz. Woke the laptop right up!

I'm not familiar with that laptop, you'll want to find out if it's the bios underclocking the cpu.

Socket M can be pin modded depending on the chipset etc. That cpu is a Dothan design with 9x multiplier on 100 bus. You may be able to pin mod the socket to run 133, which would do 1.2ghz or 865mhz at the crippled multiplier in theory. Check cpu wattage, look up max wattage cpus offered/supported on that laptop.

Dothan architecture could easily reach 2ghz plus but I never tried their celerons. I overclocked the snot out of my Dell laptop back in the day, was a 100fsb pentium m, 705 or something around 900-1100mhz. I pin moded the socket and swapped for a higher multi and ran 2ghz+stable, using smartfsb i think i topped out around 140fsb but could be misremembering now. If memory serves it was a pentium m 725, x16 multi, with fsb mod put it around 2.1ghz. Woke the laptop right up!
Got it, but the fans will overheat and i think more than 1.0ghz will damage the cpu.
+ i wanted this netbook to be a pentium m 725!

slow thingy.....

Back