Outriders (Bulletstorm developer)

I enjoyed it once I realized I wasn’t supposed to use cover. The end game didn’t keep me interested though and they kept nerfing the skills I used so I stopped playing. I will probably jump back in for the expansion though.

Turns out Worldslayer is a premium expansion. The upgrade costs $40. So far it is not listed separately from the base game, for some reason.

Update: Expansion by itself is showing up now.

Last edited:
$40 is a bit steep, I guess I’ll wait and see what content is included and maybe wait for impressions.

$40 is a bit steep, I guess I’ll wait and see what content is included and maybe wait for impressions.
I only hope that the drop-in coop feature will be added without the need for the expansion. The lack of it was one of the biggest issues in the original game.

Featuring a brand-new campaign story, Worldslayer contains higher gear level caps, new gear, a new difficulty mode and a gigantic new end-game...the story campaign is standalone from the original game, with players facing a new Altered enemy, Ereshkigal, who wields an unnamed new power...

So, I saw on youtube the other day in passing that there was an update for this game.

Then earlier today I was talking to my buddy about outriders so I decided to install it again (its been well over a year I think) and try. So I download the game, and it won't connect to the server. I went and searched the problem and I discovered that the update that I assumed happened a while ago actually happened right the fuck now, like the exact moment I decided I would try it again. I think the download server must have come up right as I clicked to download it and I had no idea. What are the chances?

EDIT: its an expansion, and they're probably not going to get my $35 for it.

Last edited:
I ended up getting the expansion even though I feel it’s priced a bit too high. I still enjoy the action in this game so it will be fun to try out the new end game activity. It sounds like the campaign for the expansion is only a couple hours long but that’s fine with me since the story in this game isn’t the greatest.

I gave it another go but I don't think I'll get through the campaign this time either, the enemies are just too much of a bullet sponge and your powers are absolute trash still. Was hoping after over a year or updates they might have fixed this a little but they didn't. I remember the first time I saw Seth and was like COOL I can bee like that later... except no. You're like Altered Lite, barely stronger than a captain. What a waste of potential.

I gave it another go but I don't think I'll get through the campaign this time either, the enemies are just too much of a bullet sponge and your powers are absolute trash still. Was hoping after over a year or updates they might have fixed this a little but they didn't. I remember the first time I saw Seth and was like COOL I can bee like that later... except no. You're like Altered Lite, barely stronger than a captain. What a waste of potential.
You can drop the world tier or apocalypse level to make the enemies less sponge like. Once you get decent builds only the bosses should take a lot of hits.

You can drop the world tier or apocalypse level to make the enemies less sponge like. Once you get decent builds only the bosses should take a lot of hits.

I've played almost until the end several times before, and even dropping tiers it just sucks. Unless you want to play the whole game on tier 1 and get basically no loot I guess. Its just silly that their idea of "harder" is "moar bulletz" instead of giving the AI more tactics to use against you than 1) throw grenade 2) charge.

I also find it funny that using the cover mechanic is basically a death sentence... ok so why can't I jump? Why is it a stuck-to-the-ground cover based shooter when you can't use cover at all? Just poor design decisions all around which is a shame because it could be a lot of fun. In this respect the game is a carbon copy of Anthem. Looks pretty, gameplay is awful, story is meh.

I've played almost until the end several times before, and even dropping tiers it just sucks. Unless you want to play the whole game on tier 1 and get basically no loot I guess. Its just silly that their idea of "harder" is "moar bulletz" instead of giving the AI more tactics to use against you than 1) throw grenade 2) charge.

I also find it funny that using the cover mechanic is basically a death sentence... ok so why can't I jump? Why is it a stuck-to-the-ground cover based shooter when you can't use cover at all? Just poor design decisions all around which is a shame because it could be a lot of fun. In this respect the game is a carbon copy of Anthem. Looks pretty, gameplay is awful, story is meh.
Except you could jump in Anthem :ROFLMAO:

A group of my friends have been playing this recently and tried to get me to play. I was watching them stream and it looks incredibly bland and janky. The interface was ripped straight out of Destiny. One friend just spams some 'Spin to win' move and there's basically no impact and the animation is unbelievably stupid. It looks like some low budget, low effort amalgamation of Destiny, Borderlands, and The Division.

This game was like a 6/10 for me. I regret buying it honestly. Kinda regret the time invested as well..

Some Parts are good like the Weapons and some Combat is ok the Map design sucks the way the levels are connected isnt good no theme to the but guess what been downloading the update all day today might not even play it.

Well, I'm at level 30 in my new playthrough and there are some bugs that are so bad its almost game breaking even this far into the games life. I'm having fun mostly but these two in particular are just frustrating to no end.

1) The mission tracker doesn't work at all except the first time you enter an area. Basically, if you track one mission and finish it you need to go to a different map and come back otherwise the tracker will always point to the first mission even though its done. Extremely annoying.

2) If you finish a mission and do not use the fast travel thingy that pops up at the end, you can never fast travel again until you run all the way back to camp and exit to the menu. This is fucking obnoxious.

Back