Outriders (Bulletstorm developer)

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Square Enix is teasing a mysterious new sci-fi game by the name of Outriders, set to be unveiled in full during its E3 presentation next week...

Square Enix has revealed Outriders, the mysterious sci-fi game it's been teasing on Twitter...it's the next shooter from Bulletstorm developer People Can Fly, which pits up to three buddies against an alien world seemingly determined to eradicate what could be the last of mankind...you can explore Outriders' "dark and desperate" sci-fi universe on your own or with up to two friends through drop-in drop-out co-op, attempting to investigate a strange signal...

this looks good...has potential...

Not really sure why the mentioned bulletstorm but totally neglected to mention they created painkiller. one of the most unique games and one of my favorite ever. bulletstorm is just a turd in comparison. True that every painkiller version after the original + DLC has been trash, not sure who owns the IP now, but damn..... anyway I'm looking forward to this.

Last edited:
Yawn. Looks like they just took ideas from all the other games they made (Painkiller, Gears of War: Judgement, Bulletstorm) and are trying to make a Destiny clone out of them. Also glad to see the man jaw is still apparently a thing :rolleyes:.

1581518093970.png

Yawn. Looks like they just took ideas from all the other games they made (Painkiller, Gears of War: Judgement, Bulletstorm) and are trying to make a Destiny clone out of them. Also glad to see the man jaw is still apparently a thing :rolleyes:.

I don't look at that as a negative. I have close to 2k hours in D2 and I'm all about this game. More variety in the space is exciting, not boring. To me, at least.

Outsiders- Early Impressions

Let’s get the obvious comparisons out of the way: Outriders feels a lot like Destiny meets Anthem with some Gears of War thrown in. It has Destiny’s sci-fi DNA, Anthem’s otherworldly action, and Gears’ third-person perspective and convenient chest-high cover scattered throughout Enoch...While Outriders feels like a shooter first and foremost, it’s definitely heavy on role-playing elements...there’s a leveling system and a skill tree; there are side quests to chase and dialogue choices to make...after the single-player prologue, you’ll choose one of four classes, which will determine your character’s powers for the rest of the game...

Co-op was built into Outriders from the beginning, according to Kmita, who called it a “core pillar.” Its difficulty scales to the number of players, but co-op isn’t the only factor that affects difficulty level...in addition to more traditional player levels, Outriders introduces World Tiers, which progressively make the game more difficult...

https://www.polygon.com/2020/2/13/21136591/outriders-impressions-square-enix-people-can-fly

Hands-On Impressions With Outriders

The team at the event made it unequivocally clear that Outriders will be a full experience in the box...this isn’t a game as a service...the two words People Can Fly kept using were “complete” and “cohesive.”...they have a set endpoint for the story and will deliver that in the base game...that alone makes it stand out in the crowded loot shooter genre...and they have a great setting to play in...

from the few hours I spent in Outriders‘ world, I cannot wait to play more in the universe People Can Fly have created...the game boasts a world filled with mystery, diverse classes with wild abilities, and seemingly innovative systems that have my brain reeling with possibilities...

https://www.dualshockers.com/outriders-hands-on-impressions/

LOL, they started talking about it could be played as a cover based shooter... I guess the same way division was a cover based shooter. good luck to that

I'm not quite sure what this game is. Is it a "forever" game where the rush is to get to endgame and then focus on builds?
The steam listing is kind of lol... like the only preorder is the deluxe package for 18% off - which essentially is full price but with the ranger pack for free.
Its a bit disingenuous. I don't know what PCF is anymore. I mean I loved painkiller but those days are long gone.
Bulletstorm was... disappointing. I guess it can't even be played anymore because of GFWL unless you rebuy the new version, which... the original was not good enough to justify

Watched that on mute because I can't stand Joe Vargas.

The Division + Gears of War. So inspiring. I'll hold comments on the way it looks because Destiny looked like crap in its alpha and beta, too, but the color palette doesn't look promising.

Flame wave ftw this game looks sick. One thing with Destiny it's a 1st person game and only 3rd person for supers but supers are the best part of the game.

Developers People Can Fly have debuted their 'Frontiers of Enoch' trailer at PAX East, giving us another look into the Sci-Fi world developed for their upcoming co-op shooter...

That is dope as hell love all the creaks and wind blowing. Too bad the game is a shooter but at least its third person.

SHit, this comes out in december as well?

What the hell am I going to play until Cyberpunk?

Huh- I have only been paying semi-attention, but that is really interesting looking!

No way can this game suck just too much going on at one time. The SFX are amazing...

This is what Gears of War was suppose to be like but it never matured graphically.

First thing I thought of when watching that gameplay demo was UT3 graphics with Wolfenstein game ideology, which is not a good thing. I don't see any amazing SFX, just a bunch of noise and dull surroundings. Graphics aside as that's 25% concern of purchase for me: The game looks very slow in terms of gameplay and not very imaginative. A walk and gun game so to speak.

As a fan of Painkiller and Bulletstorm, this one looks like a miss so far. Obviously very early on in its birth, so much can change.

I'm a bit with you. A few games with great movement have really reduced my ability to deal with slow games (lookin at you Warframe).

Outriders delayed to early 2021

Outriders, the co-op shooter being developed by Painkiller and Bulletstorm studio People Can Fly, will not make its expected "holiday 2020" release...Publisher Square Enix said that the game will have full cross-play support on all platforms- PC, Stadia, next-gen consoles- when it launches, but unfortunately that also means that the game won't be out until February 2nd 2021...Square Enix will also offer a free game upgrade from PS4 to PS5...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/o...xbox-series-x-s-upgrades-coming/1100-6483113/

Back