only getting 3166 outta my q6700

dvandentop

Limp Gawd
ok i have the xfx ish9 680i mobo with freezer 7 pro cooling in a cooler master 690 case.

running corsair memory 4-4-4-12 and can only get 3166 outta this chip i was expecting alot more from it

idle temps are right around 50 degree

if i go any higher then this it will blue screen on me every time.

i have no knocked up the vore yet, any suggestions??

what size increments would you reccomend starting with??

also with the vcore that will make heat come so i guess i will play carefully :D

What settings are you using to hit that 3.17 GHz number? In addition to chip vcore, make sure your RAM isn't holding you back... what is your ram vcore? For now, relax the timings to 5-5-5-15 and know that you might need to boost the ICH and NB vcore as well. Also, what are your temps as read by coretemp under p95 v 25.x load? 50 °C idle might hit 70+ under load easily.

here is a screen of my nvidia tuner, you can see my coretemp in the corner mid to low 40's when just doing internt stuff

i have not messed with any vcores yet this is all just of of raising the fsb

also my ram had the 4-4-4-12 timing on each stick so doesnt that come into effect so much??

2004708008457587616_rs.jpg

You do not want to use software to overclock your CPU and memory.
Familarize yourself with your boards CMOS and use that..

You do not want to use software to overclock your CPU and memory.
Familarize yourself with your boards CMOS and use that..

i am doing all settings in the bios not using the software, i just posted screen shot of it so you could see all my settings so we could go from there.

thanks

adjusted v core got into windows for a bit at 3400 but then got blue screen after a bit, now lowered down to 3367 and it is stable so far

what at decent temps i am verage about 48-55 during regular surfing etc....

54-66 during large fft test on prime 95 for about 10 minutes

any other tips? i feel good about 700 over stock chip

Back