Online training

Metraon

Limp Gawd
I have been granted budget for online training and I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations.

I searched on some forums and people are mentioning CBT Nuggets, Trainsignal, VTC (looks outdated).

It seems Trainsignal is cheaper and have pretty much the same things than CBT, they seems to be the two big players.

Thanks !

Last edited:
Anything specific? I'm assuming it's on topics relating to Networking given the obvious. It isn't really cut and dry if you ask me. I've played with all the big guys (Lynda including) and for networking related topics the consensus is usually CBT and Trainsignal Very professional and have great instructors. VTC/Lynda are geared more towards basics without ever going into great detail. Just my experience.

Thanks for the input, yeah it will be for IT and networking. People I studied with told me CBT nuggets are the best but I find them quite expensive compared to Trainsignal.

I've been running over some of the Cisco ICND1 videos with CBT and really like them. Jeremy explains things fairly well I think.

Thanks for the input, yeah it will be for IT and networking. People I studied with told me CBT nuggets are the best but I find them quite expensive compared to Trainsignal.

The instructors for Cisco teaching are top notch though. Trainsignal is a good #2 if you're limited on funds. Both are really equal to one another if you ask me, but Jeremy is rock 'em and sock 'em when it comes to Cisco.

Safari Books Online and Train Signal are what I use. Invaluable.

For the OP - I'd second this recommendation.

If, however, at some point you do find yourself in need of either more niche certification training for courses from ISACA, Oracle, et cetera and your budget supports it; then a CBTNuggets + Safari Books subscription would be ideal.

Back