Old s9i miner won't mine Normal led not On

marciokoko

n00b
I just got an old s9i antminer and I connected it and hit the reset button and I found it on my network and gave it the static ip the router was giving it and I can successfully ping 8.8.8.8. However there is no hash rate or any other data for that matter, showing up on the miner status page and I made the first pool one from nicehash and I don't see the rig connected in nicehash. I also don't see the normal light coming on.
What could be the problem?

Attachments

• s9iKernelgetfanspeed.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 65B14D1B-6D64-4F31-B53D-E22C5FE85BA4.png
    65B14D1B-6D64-4F31-B53D-E22C5FE85BA4.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm guessing it is broken or not setup correctly.
OK how can I debug it?

I know it doesn't have one of the fans so I ordered one online. I just updated its firmware to nov2019 as on the website.

Could the fan be the issue? What else could I check?

I did Reset button and that’s how I got it on the network and on the internet.

I did the upgrade from the 2018 firmware to the 2019 software but still the same error of Fatal error Fan Slow.

I did the upgrade from the 2018 firmware to the 2019 software but still the same error of Fatal error Fan Slow.

Begs the question...is the fan spinning? Can you replace the fan?

If it's missing a fan, it won't run.

Looks like there's two fans on that unit. Also just running it is unprofitable. You'll spend more on electricity than you will make. Just buy BTC if that's what you are after.

Back