Old PSU for Review

MrCaffeineX

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a Kingwin Lazer LZ-1000 power supply that I just retired from use. I have had it installed in various systems for almost a decade. Is there anyone out there with the means to test it thoroughly, for curiosity's sake?

I remember reading a few reviews over the years that were done by professional reviewers for older units that had been in use for a while and found it interesting to see how their performance characteristics changed over time. Am I the only one?

I recall an article here where some of the folks that work on/for the [H] did do it to a unit they had in the office computer/office gaming computer.

That's what I remember as well. At least I know I'm not crazy.

I did that review three times with units I used for between 7-10 years., in fact the Seasonic X-750 from my desktop was the last rereview we published at [H]. I also did a pair of our test bench units that Kyle used for 5 or 6 years.

I did that review three times with units I used for between 7-10 years., in fact the Seasonic X-750 from my desktop was the last rereview we published at [H]. I also did a pair of our test bench units that Kyle used for 5 or 6 years.
Awesome! I'd be glad to send it to you if you still have the equipment to test it with and a desire to do so.

Yes i'd be interested in seeing how badly the performance degrades over a period of time like 10-20 years. Would be an interesting article if you have one.

Back