Oh ok that makes sense.

Wtf. Is this?

1633888842640.png

If I was soft at heart I might start reporting you for every off topic message you post. Lucky for you, I'm not.
The question was about windows so how exactly is that off topic? And don't worry I'm not worried about your reports for multitude of reasons.
First of all, I'm capable of bypassing any technical limitations the moderators would try to impose on me if I wanted to and secondly, the forum is not very |H| anymore. Mostly beginner level windows users.
I've been considering quitting to bother reading this.

The question was about windows so how exactly is that off topic? And don't worry I'm not worried about your reports for multitude of reasons.
First of all, I'm capable of bypassing any technical limitations the moderators would try to impose on me if I wanted to and secondly, the forum is not very |H| anymore. Mostly beginner level windows users.
I've been considering quitting to bother reading this.
Let's be honest with ourselves here. You make relevant posts regarding Linux all the time. But when it comes to windows, you do nothing but give smart ass replies. When people post here, they are looking for help, not you making useless posts with nothing to contribute.

I do agree with you that people cannot seem to solve their own issues anymore, but a Google search effectively gives you threads asking these same questions. When someone has a question, they need answers and sometimes those answers are not always obvious.

You being a shitbird and giving nothing helpful, is the opposite of hard. It's actually an old man, afraid of anything windows, throwing useless bullshit for little reason.

Go find some kids to yell things at.

Let's be honest with ourselves here. You make relevant posts regarding Linux all the time. But when it comes to windows, you do nothing but give smart ass replies. When people post here, they are looking for help, not you making useless posts with nothing to contribute.

I do agree with you that people cannot seem to solve their own issues anymore, but a Google search effectively gives you threads asking these same questions. When someone has a question, they need answers and sometimes those answers are not always obvious.

You being a shitbird and giving nothing helpful, is the opposite of hard. It's actually an old man, afraid of anything windows, throwing useless bullshit for little reason.

While B00nie is definitely crass when it comes to Windows the real question is: Is he wrong?

No he's not. Right now my Windows 11 work computer is on mute. Icon shows the x next to the speaker. Yet the system isn't muted. Sound still plays. How the flying flip do you let something so basic be broken? Oh wait we know how. There is no QC team inside MS anymore. The insider ring is their QC.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...rosoft-is-investigating-these-eight-problems/

Sadly the OP's issue is mentioned in that article.

The Start Menu issue mentioned in the article is also something my work computer suffers from. The File Explorer memory leak issue, that effects EVERY Windows 11 install, has only recently been fixed on an insider build. Now keep in mind that particular memory leak issue was reported to MS more than a month ago. Yet they decided to NOT fix something so damn important before final release.

So yes, B00nie is absolutely correct in the fact that the OP's issue is Windows is simply being Windows.

I will be one of the few that actually answers your question instead of discussing things unrelated to your exact issue/question. Did you turn on TPM in your BIOS after windows update ran/refreshed? I had the exact same issue after I ran windows update then went back and turned on TPM then ran windows update again. After two days the message turned to the below (which is what it really should be). Whether or not you turned on TPM after you got ran windows update; You simply have to wait a few days and the message will eventually be the one you get for staggered release.
1633962352086.png

I will be one of the few that actually answers your question instead of discussing things unrelated to your exact issue/question. Did you turn on TPM in your BIOS after windows update ran/refreshed? I had the exact same issue after I ran windows update then went back and turned on TPM then ran windows update again. After two days the message turned to the below (which is what it really should be). Whether or not you turned on TPM after you got ran windows update; You simply have to wait a few days and the message will eventually be the one you get for staggered release.
View attachment 402172
yea that will probably fix it BUT we have 6+ win11 threads that this has already been covered in....

However in this case no one was looking for help that I see. Looks like someone was posting a smart ass look how stupid windows is post. They didn't ask "hey why can't I download through update"... they simply pointed out how STUPID Microsoft is. If as some have suggested this is just a case of we are not rolling this out to you right now... then why would the update system suggest it was due to requirements. It says it right there use PC health check... which shows the Machine is good to go. So why not simply push a message that says Windows 11 upgrade via update not available at this time... please go to www.mircosoft.com/windows11 for more details.

Snarky posts...get snarky answers.

All Boonie was doing was agreeing with the OP. Who was also shitting on MS.

However in this case no one was looking for help that I see. Looks like someone was posting a smart ass look how stupid windows is post. They didn't ask "hey why can't I download through update"... they simply pointed out how STUPID Microsoft is.

OP did ask a question. Whether or not he was asking for "help" is anyone's guess. Either way, once a thread is made, it's about more than just the OP. It's pretty crazy that you are actually ranting against trying to help someone and instead attempting to justify threads filled with nothing but useless noise. Which type of thread do you think keeps people coming here?

If as some have suggested this is just a case of we are not rolling this out to you right now... then why would the update system suggest it was due to requirements.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/safeguard-holds

Or, it could simply be broken.

It would have literally taken the OP less time to go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11 and just download Windows 11 than it would have taken to make this post. While it's reasonable to be annoyed at a minor inconvenience, it's certainly not stopping anyone from installing Windows 11 if they want to.

UEFI mode, Secure Boot ON,

TPM Attestation - ready
Storage - ready

The word attest means positive Identification such as a Public Notary puts a stamp when you show your picture State issued I.D. or passport.
What comes to try to install are drivers when you put in your DVD/CD install disk, it may not allow your DVD/CD player to have those drivers
or you have to turn off ( Core Isolation ) and let them install and then turn it back on. It could be that those drivers will now not let Core Isolation
be turned on again due to conflicting drivers.

For what reason, Attestation is: not ready and storage is ready, I have not found out yet sometimes this is the case. Please do not flame me
for this that I attest.

Attachments

• secure_boot.png
    secure_boot.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 0
  • tpm.png
    tpm.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
if youve turned on secureboot and tpm and it still says no, wait a day and try updating again. it seem it just takes some time for update to recognize they are on.

I have nothing to add to this thread because I received a warning for speaking the truth in a similar thread. :)

I have nothing to add to this thread because I received a warning for speaking the truth in a similar thread. :)
theyll give you one for trolling like that too...
https://hardforum.com/threads/the-h-ard-forum-rules.760666/
(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS, NO TROLLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm, this includes personal attacks in signatures. NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION OUTSIDE OF THE SOAPBOX SUBFORUM. http://hardforum.com/account/upgrades
(2) No OFF-TOPIC posting will be allowed with the exception of the General Mayhem sub-forum area. There are multiple sub-forums as well that are subscription-access only. You can buy a subscription at this link. http://hardforum.com/account/upgrades

Does this forum actually have moderation though? Why hasn't a mod stepped in and warned everyone to stay on topic and issued suspensions for frequent rule breakers? Online sucks nowadays. People just want to inflate egos, be edgy and get into fights. Not many useful posts, this looks like an IRC chat room

Does this forum actually have moderation though? Why hasn't a mod stepped in and warned everyone to stay on topic and issued suspensions for frequent rule breakers? Online sucks nowadays. People just want to inflate egos, be edgy and get into fights. Not many useful posts, this looks like an IRC chat room
Everything gets done through private message. All offending posts get deleted.

Reactions: travm
like this
theyll give you one for trolling like that too...
https://hardforum.com/threads/the-h-ard-forum-rules.760666/
(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS, NO TROLLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm, this includes personal attacks in signatures. NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION OUTSIDE OF THE SOAPBOX SUBFORUM. http://hardforum.com/account/upgrades
(2) No OFF-TOPIC posting will be allowed with the exception of the General Mayhem sub-forum area. There are multiple sub-forums as well that are subscription-access only. You can buy a subscription at this link. http://hardforum.com/account/upgrades
This seems only work in one way as people can name call, flame etc. me without much trouble.

Differences of opinion are not trolling, an example of trolling is following one specific individual around accusing them of trolling. However the Hard Forums created a term called 'thread crapping', which could be literally anything.

If you believe B00nie is thread crapping, than I assure you there's at least one other individual in this very thread that does the exact same thing in many other threads regarding Linux - Rarely to they contribute anything useful beyond "the year of the Linux desktop". ;)

one other individual in this very thread that does the exact same thing in many other threads regarding Linux - Rarely to they contribute anything useful beyond "the year of the Linux desktop".
I only do that in windows threads and if a Linux drone comes in to troll ;). B00nie on the other hand comes into windows threads to troll and crap all over for Linux like clockwork. I do not seek out Linux threads to crap on them like he does for windows ones.

Differences of opinion are fine, but purposefully entering threads on topics you aren't interested in to crap on them and provoke reactions isn't.

Last edited:
I only do that in windows threads and if a Linux drone comes in to troll ;). B00nie on the other hand comes into windows threads to troll and crap all over for Linux like clockwork. I do not seek out Linux threads to crap on them like he does for windows ones.

Differences of opinion are fine, but purposefully entering threads on topics you aren't interested in to crap on them and provoke reactions isn't.
I've seen you do it in Linux threads.

We can all play nice. A little ribbing... I don't see the big deal. I find it funny and am fine with GT dropping one of his year of the posts now and then. Hey sometimes that is adding something when the thread is getting overly excited about something perhaps mundane. Heck take Boonies posts in the same way and everyone can be happy. I have seen both parties offer constructive advice about their non chosen OSes as well. We've all been around here forever we can disagree about the big things, help out when we can on the small things... and poke a little fun without everyone getting butt hurt.

As I posted earlier its not like this thread was really asking for any specific advice. I assumed the OP was just pointing out the continued stupidity of Microssofts customer facing messaging on updates. MS has long had the same issue with their error codes, and other messaging being more then a little off. In this case their messaging is completely unhelpful... I assumed this thread was making fun of MS. I'm sure Boonie would have came to the same conclusion. And guess what Windows folks it is sort of funny. :)

Anyway it seems like there is another more serious thread focusing on the same issue... with constructive posts. Have fun everyone keep the pokes aimed at the OSes and not the posters and I think we can all have a little fun.

I have some of these people ignored. My feed looks very civilized

Back