Official PS5 Thread

I probably shouldn’t have said “junk” - I’ve tried the controller but wasn’t a fan so far. The PS4 controller works perfectly for me.
I kinda thought the same initially, as I have small hands and thought they gripped the DS4 better. But I acclimated pretty quick to the DS5 still and haven't had any comfort issues with it and the games that support its enhanced haptics and triggers feel much better for it.

I do wish PS5 games that don't even support those advanced features could support the DS4 still though since I'd have a couple extra controllers I could use on PS5 games if I wanted to play with 3-4 people on one (which I've never done on PS4, but nice to have at least). I got an extra DS5 controller at least though for local 2-player, which was nice to play It Takes Two with the Wife with. I highly recommend that game if you have anyone in your household to play with too, btw.

At least for me, the DS4 triggers would pinch the lower digits of my fingers. They're a little bit sharp/angular. The PS5's are differently sized and spaced so it isn't an issue.
Even if the PS5 pad had no other improvements, that alone was nice for me. I also like the fact that it's slightly larger and the analogs are less twitchy. It's easier for me to play the same shooters with the new pad thanks to the analogs.

Can you use DS4 to play ps5 games via LAN on ps4?
You can actually, as that was pointed out with this last update that lets PS4 players play PS5 through remote share with the DS4. So that kinda begs the question; why not just let us still use the DS4 without the enhanced functionality on PS5 games?

You can actually, as that was pointed out with this last update that lets PS4 players play PS5 through remote share with the DS4. So that kinda begs the question; why not just let us still use the DS4 without the enhanced functionality on PS5 games?
Sony being Sony lol. 4 years from now they'll change it in an update.

6d73f5809eee71835de9a1667fd00b04.jpg

They know perfectly well that they can sell more controllers this way. They're in first place and don't need to be consumer friendly right now unlike Microsoft and until something affects or threatens their profits/stock value they won't change.

Last edited:
View attachment 351403

They know perfectly well that they can sell more controllers this way. They're in first place and don't need to be consumer friendly right now unlike Microsoft and until something affects or threatens their profits/stock value they won't change.
You’d think with all these new features the new controllers would stand and sell well on their own.

You’d think with all these new features the new controllers would stand and sell well on their own.
They're cool devices but I'd rather use a ds4 over it tbh. The new controllers battery life sucks and the adaptive triggers get turnt off for MP fps games, last thing I need is a trigger fighting me when I need to snapshot a gun lol.

The only place I really use or appreciate the new controller is single player games and I only need 1 controller for that ;)

Leaked/fake promo of the new PS5VR. I'm sure it'll be taken down soon if it's legit.

Looks good to me though!

Saw this video when they uploaded it, the worst part:

1620311609160.png

Hmmm, nope. (The "HD" logo at the bottom-right should be "HDR" if the video was actually uploaded with HDR.)

Was out in the mall today and if you all think $70 is bad for PS5 games now, try €81. Which is what I saw on all new PS5 games in GameStop here in Italy. At the current exchange rate, that's $98.63, lol.

PXL_20210523_125811401.jpg

Was out in the mall today and if you all think $70 is bad for PS5 games now, try €81. Which is what I saw on all new PS5 games in GameStop here in Italy. At the current exchange rate, that's $98.63, lol.

View attachment 359185
Italy has a ridiculous VAT of 22%. Still, that's $81 USD before VAT.

Anyone know if the Italian PSN store is marked up like that? It has been a while, but I recall Xbox 360 games being pretty steep in the UK back in the late 00's. They were paying nearly the same in pounds what we were paying in dollars in spite of the pound being between 1.5-1.7 dollars. The last few times I've been across the pond I haven't seen/noticed game prices.

Anyone know if the Italian PSN store is marked up like that? It has been a while, but I recall Xbox 360 games being pretty steep in the UK back in the late 00's. They were paying nearly the same in pounds what we were paying in dollars in spite of the pound being between 1.5-1.7 dollars. The last few times I've been across the pond I haven't seen/noticed game prices.
Yes, it's listed for €80 on the Italian PSN store.

https://store.playstation.com/it-it/product/EP9000-PPSA01285_00-RETURNALGAME0001

Italy has a ridiculous VAT of 22%. Still, that's $81 USD before VAT.
Yeah, but typically for other games and products I see the Euro amount in parity with the Dollar amount for most goods in the US. Like most other games here I see for €60 or so otherwise despite their VAT being included into the price in everything. I haven't been out in the mall really since the PS5 launched, so this was the first time I've see those prices on games before.

Fortunately my PSN account is still US based and so I still get US pricing on PSN while I'm living here, but I also have the AAFES PX here for physical games and other stuff and a APO mail box for US Amazon to ship to if I want to get things cheaper generally.

Well, ran into the Download Queue bug error, and it's annoying. Digital game, so I couldn't try the disc based fix. You're stuck not ever being able to delete it or download it, with the only option being a System Reset.

Nope. I first followed all of their instructions, and cleared the cache as well as rebuilt the database. The download was still stuck in limbo. I don't understand why they just can't put something in that will allow you to actually delete the corrupted file. (There is something that says delete, but it doesn't do anything when it comes to the bug). Fortunately, I only had a few games on the PS5, so not that big of a deal, but it was still annoying.

Apparently all the big AAA titles coming from sony studios for the near future will all be cross platform. What a crock.

Apparently all the big AAA titles coming from sony studios for the near future will all be cross platform. What a crock.

I'm not too worried about it and think Sony's studios will still be able to leverage the PS5's hardware to do more than run the games at a higher res and frame rate. Gurrilla already mentioned in their last interview that they're using different rendering techniques for water and certain other environments on PS5 compared to PS4. Thinking back to God of War, it would be easy for them to keep that intermediary world used for loading the next map on PS4, while having the portal warp directly to the next map on PS5 like how the new Ratchet and Clank game is doing. So unlike most other 3rd party cross-platform studios, I expect Sony's studios to do more on the PS5 versions than we've seen elsewhere so far and if/when those games get ported to PC those same enhancements should carry over to them as well.

it would be easy for them to keep that intermediary world used for loading the next map on PS4, while having the portal warp directly to the next map on PS5
They could do that sure... but will they?

Back