Official PS5 Thread

Stinks, I was hoping for custom face plates or something. Digital voucher I wouldn't mind, but at least customize the console.

Oh well, I'm still happy with my purchase. These are also a good pickup:
https://www.fivebelow.com/products/led-light-kit-compatible-with-ps5-ps5-digital-edition-20in
Yeah, I don't know why they didn't do something fancy like they did for the first game PS4 Pro bundle. You don't even get the controller with this bundle.
1668632549772.png

The shortage is over saw a pallet of PS5s for Black Friday the other day I think two in a box maybe about stacked 4 high I hope some deserving kids get them. Fox Conn has that mandatory overtime. I think the PS5 will be the most in demand console being it doesn't lag in 3D capability.

The shortage is over saw a pallet of PS5s for Black Friday the other day I think two in a box maybe about stacked 4 high I hope some deserving kids get them. Fox Conn has that mandatory overtime. I think the PS5 will be the most in demand console being it doesn't lag in 3D capability.
The demand has gone down a bit. I seen in stock on Walmart for days before selling out.

No $30ish deals for 1 year PS+ cards for BF? There's usually those deals 2-3 times a year, one of which on BF. Right now all I see is $45/year on PSN directly. I'm still good for a couple years for now at least though.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.ne...le.net/2022/11/27/ps-plus-games-locked-issue/

This is interesting for those on the PS+ Extra/Premium tiers; if you had claimed a free games from PS+ Essential (or just PS+ before the new tiers) and also played it when it was included in the higher tiers and it's removed at some point, you lose the license to play that game despite claiming it on PS+ Essential beforehand.

I would think their service rep would fix that if you called in to complain, but apparently someone did that and was denied.

Seems Sony is really botching these higher PS+ tiers so far; lackluster PS3 game streaming, gimmicky game trials locked to Premium tier (demos should just be standard or on base PS+ Essential at most), and very limited PS1 and PS2 library available. With my current backlog still, Essential is by far the best value so far where they're at least giving one decent game away for most months.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2022/11/27/ps-plus-games-locked-issue/#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16695795352603&csi=0&referrer=https://www.google.com&ampshare=https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2022/11/27/ps-plus-games-locked-issue/

This is interesting for those on the PS+ Extra/Premium tiers; if you had claimed a free games from PS+ Essential (or just PS+ before the new tiers) and also played it when it was included in the higher tiers and it's removed at some point, you lose the license to play that game despite claiming it on PS+ Essential beforehand.

I would think their service rep would fix that if you called in to complain, but apparently someone did that and was denied.

Seems Sony is really botching these higher PS+ tiers so far; lackluster PS3 game streaming, gimmicky game trials locked to Premium tier (demos should just be standard or on base PS+ Essential at most), and very limited PS1 and PS2 library available. With my current backlog still, Essential is by far the best value so far where they're at least giving one decent game away for most months.
I mean, it's that way on gamepass. I don't see the big deal.

Couldn't find any upload from USB to PS5 videos but found a PS4 to PS5 USB upload.
Think it would work the same way for PS5 saves. Don't want to lose my Ghost of Tsushima save file
I would never start over again also my Demon Souls save file.

Seems cool. But...I don't even want to hear how much it costs at retail...
Was announced a while back at $200. I would have bought at $150. $200 seems a bit much for someone like me who only plays single player games and slightly worse battery life than the standard controller.

Was announced a while back at $200. I would have bought at $150. $200 seems a bit much for someone like me who only plays single player games and slightly worse battery life than the standard controller.
Yeah. The one improvement I need for the Dual Sense, is convex thumb sticks. Which I was able to achieve, with some rubber add-ons. Feels great!

Yeah. The one improvement I need for the Dual Sense, is convex thumb sticks. Which I was able to achieve, with some rubber add-ons. Feels great!
Also, the sticks are potentiometer still, not magnetic, so they're prone to drift like most other controllers. It's good for can replace them easily and relatively cheap at least I guess, but for that price they should have avoided it altogether.

Also, the sticks are potentiometer still, not magnetic, so they're prone to drift like most other controllers. It's good for can replace them easily and relatively cheap at least I guess, but for that price they should have avoided it altogether.
Yes, that is frustrating. At this price I'd expect hall effect sensors, but I guess they'd rather people spend more money to replace the controller every few years.

Comixbooks is a man of honor, I can't see him scalping.

Borrowed my oldest the PS5 so he could play GoW: Ragnarok while he's home from school over the holidays, really jonesy-ing for my Ghosts of Tsushima fix.

buy all 24 of them and resell them on Craig's List
They should be going for retail at this point. Whatever supply issues sony had, they fixed for this holiday season. If you want a ps5, you can get a ps5. Hopefully this means no more multi-generational games!!!

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I got a rage pm. Guess his supervisor caught and scolded him...
Lol, I've got a couple of those from him too.

Comixbooks is a man of honor, I can't see him scalping.

Borrowed my oldest the PS5 so he could play GoW: Ragnarok while he's home from school over the holidays, really jonesy-ing for my Ghosts of Tsushima fix.

Well he works the floor at Wal-Mart in his 40s, so I doubt he has the funds or credit to to buy that many anyways.

So anyone committed to getting the Edge controller? I'm kinda on the fence, but think I'll wait for first sale I see on one for $150 or less.

that's just his side hustle...he's a man of great wealth :joyful:
1000002719.jpg

As someone who worked at Wal-Mart in high school for a year, he'd be quite the masochist to do so without the financial obligation for it. The only thing worse world be fast food. It certainly builds character though 😅.

But let's try to stay on topic now with the questions I've presented. 😁

So anyone committed to getting the Edge controller? I'm kinda on the fence, but think I'll wait for first sale I see on one for $150 or less.
I yam. I wish it had the option of offset sticks since Sony isn't allowing third party manufacturers to integrate Dualsense features, but I'll give it a shot. The Dualsense felt nice, at first, but it feels like a toy compared to my Elite Series 2.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
You might be killing your PlayStation 5 by using it vertically, due to a design flaw by Sony

According to a PlayStation scene member who owns a hardware repair shop in France, using your PS5 vertically can damage it permanently, and he's seen the result first hand with his clients' consoles...the problem, he says, is that the liquid metal used to cool the APU can sometimes spill, and become uneven, which impacts (at least) the cooling...Ben Montana, owner of specialized repair shop ILoveMyConsole in France, has also been trying to bring attention to this issue for months

he says these are not isolated cases.,,according to him, the risk is high for PS5s that have been standing vertically for a long time, and he says all models are impacted...this includes Digital edition consoles...some people theorize that the vibrations of the Blu Ray drive could make the issue more severe on Physical Edition PS5's...

https://wololo.net/2023/01/05/youre...n-flaw-by-sony-according-to-hardware-experts/

You might be killing your PlayStation 5 by using it vertically, due to a design flaw by Sony

According to a PlayStation scene member who owns a hardware repair shop in France, using your PS5 vertically can damage it permanently, and he's seen the result first hand with his clients' consoles...the problem, he says, is that the liquid metal used to cool the APU can sometimes spill, and become uneven, which impacts (at least) the cooling...Ben Montana, owner of specialized repair shop ILoveMyConsole in France, has also been trying to bring attention to this issue for months

he says these are not isolated cases.,,according to him, the risk is high for PS5s that have been standing vertically for a long time, and he says all models are impacted...this includes Digital edition consoles...some people theorize that the vibrations of the Blu Ray drive could make the issue more severe on Physical Edition PS5's...

https://wololo.net/2023/01/05/youre...n-flaw-by-sony-according-to-hardware-experts/
Have since launch day, still going strong.

meh

Back