Official PS5 Thread

Wondering if I should pick up PS+ for the monthly games I mean I don't even play Epics Free games. I see Injustice 2 is offered this month ong with Hot wheels Unleased which I own.
For me, PS+ was handy to play the previous PS4 exclusives that I missed out on - but the "newer" monthly games were usually games that I wasn't interested in or are regularly put on clearance prices (Injustice 2 is regularly discounted heavily).

So yeah, I'm not sure if I'd subscribe to PS+ for the monthly 'free' games alone.

For me, PS+ was handy to play the previous PS4 exclusives that I missed out on - but the "newer" monthly games were usually games that I wasn't interested in or are regularly put on clearance prices (Injustice 2 is regularly discounted heavily).

So yeah, I'm not sure if I'd subscribe to PS+ for the monthly 'free' games alone.
IMO at least half the months there's games I find value in and some of those I've found some real gems that I wouldn't have played otherwise. This month I'm looking forward to playing Hot wheels since it was well reviewed and I had it on my wishlist as well. So since I don't play online at all, the free games are the only reason I sub to the service, along with cloud backups of saves as well to sync between my PS5 and PS4 (which should be a free service IMO since Sony doesn't let you transfer to USB drives anymore).

a remake of Horizon Zero Dawn is rumored to be in development for the PS5 by Sony...while it is not yet known if this will be more of a remaster than a remake built from the ground up, the new version of the game will feature an improved lighting system, overhauled textures, improved animations, and new character models...additionally, the new version of the game will feature the many accessibility options introduced in Horizon Forbidden West, multiple display modes and quality of life improvements...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...remaster-is-in-the-works-for-ps5-its-claimed/

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
a remake of Horizon Zero Dawn is rumored to be in development for the PS5 by Sony...while it is not yet known if this will be more of a remaster than a remake built from the ground up, the new version of the game will feature an improved lighting system, overhauled textures, improved animations, and new character models...additionally, the new version of the game will feature the many accessibility options introduced in Horizon Forbidden West, multiple display modes and quality of life improvements...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...remaster-is-in-the-works-for-ps5-its-claimed/
Definitely a remaster. It is a waste of resources to remake such a new game.

HZD was my GOTY for 2017 (didn't play BOTW until 2019 when I got a Switch), but remastering it is just a waste of resources IMO. Same goes for TLoU. I would really rather these studios focus on proper sequels or spin-offs from these series or new IPs altogether.

HZD was my GOTY for 2017 (didn't play BOTW until 2019 when I got a Switch), but remastering it is just a waste of resources IMO. Same goes for TLoU. I would really rather these studios focus on proper sequels or spin-offs from these series or new IPs altogether.
HZD>>>>>>>>>>>>BotW.

I doubt it'll be a full "remaster." It's likely just gonna update the engine to whatever the current Horizon 2 engine is, upscale some textures and throw in full engine ray tracing and call it a PS5 exclusive.

It'll basically be a small update of the PC version.

Is there a PS5 website or on the Browser for the PSN store where I can find out about the latest Demos I mean they had Wo Long I played that a bit. Along with Star Ocean I think I missed that one.

Last edited:
I found the area for Demos on the PS5 but it's under the PS+ section under Demos but it's for paid PS+ I suspect any big Demos will be on the main page I wish I tried that Matrix Awakens Demo.

Last edited:
DualSense Edge releases January 26th, 2023

The DualSense Edge wireless controller launches globally on January 26th, 2023 with a retail price of $199.99...pre-order from October 25th, 2022...

Looks cool, but crap it costs an xbox series S. At 100 i'd be a buyer.

New ones are 249 btw.
1666108706971.png

1666108744713.png

1666108775925.png

1666108799760.png

1666108850660.png

1666108892777.png

I'm really liking Ghost of Tsushima the skill upgrades is what makes it fun the story is give or take the fetch quests are guided by air flow travel something never saw in a game before I bet they make a sequel.

DualSense Edge releases January 26th, 2023

The DualSense Edge wireless controller launches globally on January 26th, 2023 with a retail price of $199.99...pre-order from October 25th, 2022...

Yeah, was hoping for $150. I'll wait for a sale or something. Not sure I'd use any of the extra features since I don't play CoD or any multiplayer games that would really benefit from the rear buttons. I'm sure it could be useful in the 3rd person single player games somehow too though. I can already see it useful in Horizon to scroll consumable items in combat because that's pretty awkward to do on the standard controller.

Would have been nice if they designed that old Dual Shock 4 extension adapter for the Dual Sense too so you can just spend the $40 or so for that extra functionality.

Best deal I have seen was a target one for $220 plus a free extra controller on slickdeals. Verge is right, 250 is easy to do with a scrap of searching and patience :).
Yeah, I've seen open box Series Ss at my local PX store for $250 as well. They just started stocking Series X consoles on the floor last week too, which kinda shocked me to see. Will be nice when PS5s are on shelves now.

Yeah, I've seen open box Series Ss at my local PX store for $250 as well. They just started stocking Series X consoles on the floor last week too, which kinda shocked me to see. Will be nice when PS5s are on shelves now.
You been able to order a series x from Walmart for a couple months now. I can see them doing a black Friday deal for the S. Don't expect much for the X tho.

This was a sale two weeks before my post. The last shot in my post is from Target that same morning.
I agree, but they've been 250 within weeks, they'll be 250 again i suppose in about another 2 weeks. It' a 250 console, and i have one, and it's trash.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
We got 12 consoles the other day pretty sure we sold out in 1 day because the Xboxes we're gone too. We haven't any PS5s in two years. Fox Conn must be in overtime.

I sold my launch PS5 to a co-worker a few weeks ago... but just ordered a new one from Amazon (I signed up for their queue system earlier).

It'll probably spend most of its time sitting on my desk - but after watching the latest God of War 2 trailer, I succumbed to the hype.

People sit on their PS5 call it ugly names then sell it because it's not working out for them.
Not this time.....did that to my PS4 but glad I held out and bought a PS5 to play PS4 games. I mean Bloodborne I finished the game but people cry from the Heavens not being able to not play that game on PC.
I think when Lies of P hits that game is going to go over big and stick around.

Last edited:
I always said as soon as a God of War edition of the PS5 came out I'd get it, well I was disappointed when it's just a regular one with a voucher for the game... So I didn't get it.

But, I got a regular one with God of War Ragnarok in physical form. 😁

It's so... Snappy compared to the PS4, and I love the controller.

I always said as soon as a God of War edition of the PS5 came out I'd get it, well I was disappointed when it's just a regular one with a voucher for the game... So I didn't get it.

But, I got a regular one with God of War Ragnarok in physical form. 😁

It's so... Snappy compared to the PS4, and I love the controller.
FYI, all console bundles are like that these days.

Back