Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, today was a bit of a bust on the EVGA site. I was finally able to get through ~1hr later on the 3090 kingpin & the 3080 ti hydrocopper

B1DC28E6-911F-4297-B6D0-CDC7CCDAABF5.jpeg

The holy grail finally arrived. Well almost I’ve been on a quest for a 3080 and this is all I’ve been able to come up with. Good enough I guess 😉

Got a Asus prebuilt today with a 3080 for $2000. I was planning on upgrading my whole system anyway, but wanted an AMD processor. Need to figure out if I should try to sell this 11700 system without the GPU or just keep all of the parts as my new build.

Got a Asus prebuilt today with a 3080 for $2000. I was planning on upgrading my whole system anyway, but wanted an AMD processor. Need to figure out if I should try to sell this 11700 system without the GPU or just keep all of the parts as my new build.
That Asus case/system is a nice looking build IMO, probably the best looking prebuilt besides a Lenovo Legion. A 11700 carries no shame in comparison to an AMD, and truth be told I'd still rather have an Intel if your primary purpose is gaming. Congrats. I was trying to check out with one, but wasn't quick enough. It went out of stock while I was in the final steps of checking out (stupid BB made me log in again, and get a verification code) and even that simple process took too long. I responded to the discord alert immediately.

Unless you live somewhere where the heat will be an issue just use it and be done

That Asus case/system is a nice looking build IMO, probably the best looking prebuilt besides a Lenovo Legion. A 11700 carries no shame in comparison to an AMD, and truth be told I'd still rather have an Intel if your primary purpose is gaming. Congrats. I was trying to check out with one, but wasn't quick enough. It went out of stock while I was in the final steps of checking out (stupid BB made me log in again, and get a verification code) and even that simple process took too long. I responded to the discord alert immediately.
You're gonna need a bigger heatsink. But otherwise, the 11700 is a great CPU. And the motherboard which comes in those Asus prebuilts is nice. Make sure to grab the bios update to enjoy 11 series performance refinements.

As was my concern, the memory Tjunction sensor runs hot hot hot especially when mining on the 3090. It’s been a very hot week here outside so I have had to definitely ramp the fans up. I can at least keep Tj to 100C with a few tweaks. Running with the case side on is an immediate run to 110C thermal throttling though. The rest of the sensors temps are fine with the GPU core temp being the lowest.

If your mining, replace the termal pads.
I thought the FTW3 had a better thermal pad setup for vram than the founders edition. Will have to see if others say that helps. I saw one person took the back plate off and installed ram sinks.

I thought the FTW3 had a better thermal pad setup for vram than the founders edition. Will have to see if others say that helps. I saw one person took the back plate off and installed ram sinks.
don't replace the thermal pads on your ftw3. I did and temps didn't change. Better off with ramsinks and a fan on the backplate.

Even with a back plate fan, my ftw3 goes to 106c mining at 305w, this is also with two 120mm case side fans with the hashrate varying between 114 Mh-123 Mh (power between 280-305w) due to some throttling, with temps reaching a 100F today, just turned it off for mining. The SFF PC with the 6800 and 3060 ti is much better for mining, constant 124 Mh at around 260w. FWIW, the 3090 FE I had wasn't all that different from the FTW3 in terms of vram tj temps...really wish NV had not nerfed mining on the 3080 ti, would have kept the 3080 ti ftw3 and sold off the 3090...

Now having obtained one and it's on the way - can anyone point me to in-stock Corsair PCI-E connectors? Lol. I have an RM1000x and only have 2 8pin connectors at the moment.

I would email Corsair

They're OOS on their website which is horrid timing. Prefer the sleeved ones to match the rest of the PSU. I think they have Value Select non sleeved ones on Newegg, but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone knew of a retailer that had sleeved 8 pin PCI-E in stock. I see there's a new 12 pin but I don't have any 12 pin's on my PSU.

Yeah you don’t need a new cable. Your FTW3090 just uses three standard pci-e 8 pin.

Your Corsair PSU shipped with eight of those.

The one time in my life where I don't have a thousand extra cables lying around. They unfortunately got lost in my last move, so I'm paying the premium price of $29.99 for the (1) extra PCI-E cable I need. Highway robbery but worth it when you score a 3090 for MSRP I reckon.

Even with a back plate fan, my ftw3 goes to 106c mining at 305w, this is also with two 120mm case side fans with the hashrate varying between 114 Mh-123 Mh (power between 280-305w) due to some throttling, with temps reaching a 100F today, just turned it off for mining. The SFF PC with the 6800 and 3060 ti is much better for mining, constant 124 Mh at around 260w. FWIW, the 3090 FE I had wasn't all that different from the FTW3 in terms of vram tj temps...really wish NV had not nerfed mining on the 3080 ti, would have kept the 3080 ti ftw3 and sold off the 3090...
This is why I didnt get a 3090. I feel they use too much extra power to get 15-20 more MH and the backside VRam makes it likely impossible to cool properly even with water.
Im in california too and yeah I turned off some of my miners yday and will again today.
Its not worth $16/day profits to burn up some GPUs

I have a 3080 FTW3 Ultra prebuilt coming the 28th. I hope I can get it running cool. Seems to be built the same or similarly to the ASus Tuf with some extra garbage that doesn't need to be there making it harder to cool IMO

The gigabyte gaming oc 3080 had TERRIBLE temps but a thermal pad and paste swap was miraculous for it.
If I had a choice Id get another instead of ASUS or EVGA, but only can get what they give in the prebuilts

They're OOS on their website which is horrid timing. Prefer the sleeved ones to match the rest of the PSU. I think they have Value Select non sleeved ones on Newegg, but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone knew of a retailer that had sleeved 8 pin PCI-E in stock. I see there's a new 12 pin but I don't have any 12 pin's on my PSU.
I would email corsair and tell them about your situation.

A. they might send you one for free

B. even if they charge you, they might have one to send, even though the site says OOS.

Those of you looking to buy more than just a GPU Antonline has some EVGA bundles that have been going in and out of stock.
Its like NE shuffle, except you win if its still in stock and want all that stuff.
Honestly if I didnt buy several prebuilts and build a pc I would be interested

Looks like there is a panic crash in ebay gpu values whether it is to stay or a blip remains to be seen. I have a 3070 ti step up pending that I will likely just cancel given current prices or give to someone here at cost.

Looks like there is a panic crash in ebay gpu values whether it is to stay or a blip remains to be seen. I have a 3070 ti step up pending that I will likely just cancel given current prices or give to someone here at cost.
prices have come down, but they don't look crashed yet. Still $1700 for a 3080 -- ish.

prices have come down, but they don't look crashed yet. Still $1700 for a 3080 -- ish.
yeah some cards like the 3080 and 3060 ti are still quite good for mining so there is that but the prices on the 3070 tis for example are close to break even for many models so it's coming, been a fun ride these last 9 months, eh?

yeah some cards like the 3080 and 3060 ti are still quite good for mining so there is that but the prices on the 3070 tis for example are close to break even for many models so it's coming, been a fun ride these last 9 months, eh?
That’s because aside from the initial hype, the 3070 and 3080 TI's have little value to miners due to the lhr code

Last edited:
Got an email this morning saying the EVGA RTX 3060 XC was in stock at EVGA. Bought it for $444.34. Should be here Friday I think. Not the card I was hoping for, but it'll work for my wife.

Got an email this morning saying the EVGA RTX 3060 XC was in stock at EVGA. Bought it for $444.34. Should be here Friday I think. Not the card I was hoping for, but it'll work for my wife.
Step it up to what you want. The wait for everything but the 3080 & 3080 ti is pretty quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back