Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like over priced shit again, Newegg can go fuck themselves too, they are a bunch of cucks getting off watching people fuck themselves into deeper credit card bondage!

yea, only worth while item to me is a 500 dollar 3060...but just barely. nothing else on there today is of interest.

Reactions: Don_1
like this
Newegg shuffle starting earlier today. 11AM EDT/8 PDT.
That is a pretty crappy one today.
Looks like over priced shit again, Newegg can go fuck themselves too, they are a bunch of cucks getting off watching people fuck themselves into deeper credit card bondage!
People can only blame themselves if they go into debt. They are adults.

That Toxic 6900 XT would be the steal of the century at MSRP. Benchmarking higher than 3090's for ~$1k. But for $2700? Holy shit, fuck off Newegg.

I entered anyway just in case I can win it and not pay for it, because fuck them.

yea, only worth while item to me is a 500 dollar 3060...but just barely. nothing else on there today is of interest.
I entered for the unbundled 5950, but don't know if I'll claim it even if I win. My quad core's starting to show it's age, but I'd kinda like to wait a year for DDR5 (and PCIe5?) before replacing it.

I entered for the unbundled 5950, but don't know if I'll claim it even if I win. My quad core's starting to show it's age, but I'd kinda like to wait a year for DDR5 (and PCIe5?) before replacing it.
Same, I don't need it lol but I get tired of winning NOTHING.

Not sure that's a good bet to wait. The first gen of any new memory is worse than the one before it for at least a year. At least since the ddr1 days anyway. I'm building now and plan to sit on it for several years. Yes I know ddr5 brings some nice things to the table, but I am suspect of the real world speeds that will be available at launch even matching 3200mhz cl14. The 5950x is amazing, I can't wait for it to be in my pc instead of my gf's lol. Also pcie 4 is useless to 99.999% of enthusiasts outside of ultra high speed nvme drives, unlikely anything will happen with 5.

Edit: The shuffle is just awful today. Just terrible. Guess I'll throw my hat in for that solo 3060, but even that is crazy overpriced. I honestly want to know who the person is who thinks a 6900 xt is worth $2,629.99.

Same, I don't need it lol but I get tired of winning NOTHING.
I'm not entering into shuffles I absolutely wouldn't buy. Other than naked 12/16 core CPUs and lightly bundled 3080's I'm giving everything a pass. If not as fast as what I want, the 3070 I got (from bestbuy) means I've no interest in another one of them or other lesser cards; and the 3090 and AMD cards are just more expensive than I'm willing to spend.

Last edited:
Not sure that's a good bet to wait. The first gen of any new memory is worse than the one before it for at least a year. At least since the ddr1 days anyway. I'm building now and plan to sit on it for several years. Yes I know ddr5 brings some nice things to the table, but I am suspect of the real world speeds that will be available at launch even matching 3200mhz cl14. The 5950x is amazing, I can't wait for it to be in my pc instead of my gf's lol. Also pcie 4 is useless to 99.999% of enthusiasts outside of ultra high speed nvme drives, unlikely anything will happen with 5.

Edit: The shuffle is just awful today. Just terrible. Guess I'll throw my hat in for that solo 3060, but even that is crazy overpriced. I honestly want to know who the person is who thinks a 6900 xt is worth $2,629.99.
On high core count systems I'm expecting the effective doubling in the number of channels to offer better real world returns (via being able to load cache lines for 4 cores at once instead of 2) than any probably only visible on ram benchmark regressions in clock rate/timing. And for a system I'll probably keep at least 6 years, having ram that can be expected to become faster/cheaper if I need to add more in the future is also very appealing vs DDR4 whose manufacture will be frozen untilt demand slumps to the point that the sellers are just unloading old stock and trying to recover several years of warehouse costs in the process.

I’ve given up with the shuffles. Even if I win the prize is just the ability to pay the same as if I bought it off a scalper at auction.

I honestly want to know who the person is who thinks a 6900 xt is worth $2,629.99.

That is so astronomically overpriced - $2800 (tax included) for a 6900xt!? I'm not sure who but someone, somewhere, should be ashamed of themselves. A quick look on ebay shows that some of these same cards have sold recently for an already batshit figure of $2400-2500. Newegg is defeating scalpers by charging more than they do o_O

That is so astronomically overpriced - $2800 (tax included) for a 6900xt!? I'm not sure who but someone, somewhere, should be ashamed of themselves. A quick look on ebay shows that some of these same cards have sold recently for an already batshit figure of $2400-2500. Newegg is defeating scalpers by charging more than they do o_O
Part of the reason is that 6900XT is a special chip from AMD which is actually known as an XTX. Basically, its a 6900XT which clocks better than 6700XT. So, a 6900XT at ~ 2.8 ghz with power delivery to support that speed and actually benefit from it. It ends up beating a 3090 in most cases.

Last edited:
Part of the reason is that 6900XT is a special chip from AMD which is actually known as an XTX. Basically, its a 6900XT which clocks better than 6700XT. So, a 6900XT at ~ 2.8 ghz with power delivery to support that speed and actually benefit from it. It ends up beating a 3090 in most cases.

Ah, well that makes more sense. Still don’t agree with the price but at least it is genuinely some sort of unicorn card then.

Ah, well that makes more sense. Still don’t agree with the price but at least it is genuinely some sort of unicorn card then.
I should clarify:

The chip is internally known as the XTXH

Techpowerup did a review of Asrock's release, which is not watercooled. It averaged a bit over 2400mhz at "stock". Which is like a 6700XT, but with a 6900XT chip. And they were able to overclock it to 2800mhz. I'm willing to bet that watercooled versions such as the Sapphire Toxic can achieve more.
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asrock-radeon-rx-6900-xt-oc-formula/35.html

Still. The MSRP on that card was $1639 on NewEgg in Feb. So that means NewEgg is scalping them for 1k over MSRP now.

Still. The MSRP on that card was $1639 on NewEgg in Feb. So that means NewEgg is scalping them for 1k over MSRP now.
From what I've seen Newegg charges the MSRP on all the video cards they sell. If you don't like the gouging then your beef is with the card manufacturers, though your beef should really be with the legions of people lining up to hand over massive piles of money for tulip bulbs.

Anyone looking for the RTX A4000? I got an e-mail from nVidia saying it's now available...yet to see it in stock anywhere, if it even has a page at all. I think I wants it.

a4000.JPG

If you don't like the gouging then your beef is with the card manufacturers, though your beef should really be with the legions of people lining up to hand over massive piles of money for tulip bulbs.

Another boo boo face anti-crypto post...

A 3090 right now is bringing in over $30 a day. Even if you're not going to do it, don't hate those who do. Paying for your card in less than 60 days is hard to pass up.

I won the shuffle today for an MSI 6800XT then decided it wasn’t worth it lol. At least I’m 1-5 though I guess.

Another boo boo face anti-crypto post...

A 3090 right now is bringing in over $30 a day. Even if you're not going to do it, don't hate those who do. Paying for your card in less than 60 days is hard to pass up.
I honestly dont care if the manufactures are ripping you off, when you go to sell the cards you will crater the market and I will get a card then, retailers know it will happen and they are getting their cut now.

when you go to sell the cards you will crater the market and I will get a card then, retailers know it will happen and they are getting their cut now.
Unfortunately the data doesn't really back this. Too many other non-gaming and non-crypto markets competing for compute power now, and many which didn't even exist 3 years ago. Too much pent up demand. The "wait til crypto tanks & cheep GPU flood" crowd will unfortunately continue to find disappointment if that's what they're pinning their hopes on.

Last edited:
I won the shuffle today for an MSI 6800XT then decided it wasn’t worth it lol. At least I’m 1-5 though I guess.
6800xt is a great card. If you don’t want it may offer it up to other [H] members for cost would be a cool thing to do.

6800xt is a great card. If you don’t want it may offer it up to other [H] members for cost would be a cool thing to do.
I was planning on doing that but as I clicked place my order it turned 5pm EST so it didn’t let me complete it. Seems stupid since I was in checkout but whatever. The AMD cards are way overpriced for what they are hence why I waited so long to go through with it. I have a feeling a lot of people would rather pass on those overpriced AMD AIB cards and I wouldn’t have a guaranteed resell of it to break even.

I was planning on doing that but as I clicked place my order it turned 5pm EST so it didn’t let me complete it. Seems stupid since I was in checkout but whatever. The AMD cards are way overpriced for what they are hence why I waited so long to go through with it. I have a feeling a lot of people would rather pass on those overpriced AMD AIB cards and I wouldn’t have a guaranteed resell of it to break even.
That's why many of us don't select things we won't buy. Leaves it open for those who want it. Now it will go up on their site later to be purchased by a bot.

That's why many of us don't select things we won't buy. Leaves it open for those who want it. Now it will go up on their site later to be purchased by a bot.
Yup that’s exactly why that was the only AMD card I selected because it was the only one I was remotely interested in. Sucks when you “win” then decide nah but it is what it is. I don’t know why people select things they aren’t even interested in.

Just randomly checked Amazon from an hour old ATR Stocks / NerdSpeak alert, and this RTX 3070 TUF was in stock at $700, so I bought it. Seller "just launched," no feedback. Not really confident anything will show up.

1620777507380.png

Yeah that tax hit is pretty spicy...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just randomly checked Amazon from an hour old ATR Stocks / NerdSpeak alert, and this RTX 3070 TUF was in stock at $700, so I bought it. Seller "just launched," no feedback. Not really confident anything will show up.

View attachment 355504
Congrats, and hopefully it arrives.

I have seen those several times for different cards but never want to risk it. Let us know how it goes lol.

View attachment 355504
Sounded too good to be true, they also had the TUF 3080 for 500 lol so I decided to pass...

Confucius say, "May you live in interesting times!"

I 'd say we are living in interesting times... nVidia and aMd can go fuck themselves now...

Who in their right mind is going to pay 3 or more times the MSRP?

Who ever it is is a chump!

My rant is over...
3 times MSRP for a card that will be beaten in specs next year.

Truly crazy.

OMFG. Just got home from work, checked email. EVGA sent out email notify my spot in queue for the rtx 3070 is up. I missed the purchase 8 hours windows by 10 minutes. Sent them an email. Hoping for the best. Sigh

OMFG. Just got home from work, checked email. EVGA sent out email notify my spot in queue for the rtx 3070 is up. I missed the purchase 8 hours windows by 10 minutes. Sent them an email. Hoping for the best. Sigh
I think they will let you.
I have heard people getting it after a week or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back