Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGGGGHHHH.....ok guys start looking....I see the buy now button on Nvidia.com for the 3080...but it's not working....

There’s a lag with a lot of systems where the cards are gone but it takes a little for the button to revert. Bestbuy is like this at least.

I think I am going to get a Q90T VRR TV and use my 2080ti at 1440p 120Hz... let the dust settle with these new GPUs if I can’t snag a 3090 on launch day.

Given there was basically no stock update since launch until today I think the 3080 quantities are obscenely low.

oh...well I have been keeping an eye on all the main sties...my status has been out of stock until just a few mins ago.

*well -- Notify Me - * on Nvidia's site....that is.

Last edited:
At this point it doesn't seem like the Nvidia website is worth bothering with. Whatever they claimed was preventing bots from buying up everything instantly clearly hasn't worked.

The best chance I see is check MC website every night/early morning for stock and head out there before they open to get one.

I wish I lived close to one....but....the closest ones are the next state over....lol.

Aaaannnddd...it's back to Out of Stock...lol
I got the e-mail notification on this thread update - clicked nvidia right away and I never saw it actually in stock.
nowinstock doesn't show it was instock, nor does the continuous chat group in the comments say it popped into stock there.
I have an alert setup on the nvidia site using a chrome browser extension and it didn't trigger either. (not sure it even works though. Ha)

At this point I regret selling my 2080 card 2 weeks ago. My desktop is cold and lonely, and I want to play a game. :p

Last edited:
well if you get desperate....I have an old r9 fury I'm not using...lol. I would like a new 3080...but I can wait. For my current use my 1080ti is sufficient. I would like to jump into the realm of 4k gaming...but it can wait. Maybe I'll just nab those tickets for Deftones\Gojira that are on pre-sale for next year...LoL.

I got the e-mail notification on this thread update - clicked nvidia right away and I never saw it actually in stock.
nowinstock doesn't show it was instock, nor does the continuous chat group in the comments say it popped into stock there.
I have an alert setup on the nvidia site using a chrome browser extension and it didn't trigger either. (not sure it even works though. Ha)

At this point I regret selling my 2080 card 2 weeks ago. My desktop is cold and lonely, and I want to play a game.

You have to be f5ing the store pages and then there’s only a tiny chance you’ll get one.

Make sure you have your account logged in and credit card info pre entered (if applicable). Adding to cart doesn’t reserve a card...

At this point it doesn't seem like the Nvidia website is worth bothering with. Whatever they claimed was preventing bots from buying up everything instantly clearly hasn't worked.

I saw recently a claim that their captcha was 98% solvable via an existing machine learning model. That means they don't even need to outsource the job to Elbonians who'll sit in front of a garbage computer solving captchas for spammers for a few dollars a day.

F

ARGGGGHHHH.....ok guys start looking....I see the buy now button on Nvidia.com for the 3080...but it's not working....

View attachment 281264

View attachment 281265
The bots only load the markup/js from the server, they don't bother loading the images and extra UI crap that a human needs to navigate a page (not to mention these are things that slow down a browser while it renders). The bots also get to checkout probably in milliseconds vs your eternity in seconds. Your inefficient meatsack hands will never get you to the finish line fast enough.

Look on the bright side, it's an honor to just be a part of the rat race, right?

Yeah, saw that article...and the tweets...which is why I have been looking around - lol.

Abasalom - "Your inefficient meatsack hands will never get you to the finish line fast enough."

Way to get me pumped for Cyberpunk 2077 - ; )

I live about 15 minutes from a Microcenter. It's great for some things, but they're pretty shaky when it comes to limited releases like this. I feel like you need to know the secret handshake or be friends with the staff these days.

"Thousands".... Where where they for launch? How many "thousands"? Altar had accidentally had preorders open and had a queue over 20k.... For a card not many wanted. How long will evgas thousands last? They keep stringing people along, stock isn't going to stabilize anytime soon. 3090 is going to be just as much of a shit show, and then the 2070 will finally come out and real benchmarks will come out and we'll see how close it actually comes to the 2080ti. I feel like most will be watching RDNA2 "launch" before you gets cards, so at least you'll know if AMD has much to offer, not that you'll be able to find them in stock either on launch ;).

Really Amazon? - lol

1600709617945.png

"Thousands".... Where where they for launch? How many "thousands"? Altar had accidentally had preorders open and had a queue over 20k.... For a card not many wanted. How long will evgas thousands last? They keep stringing people along, stock isn't going to stabilize anytime soon. 3090 is going to be just as much of a shit show, and then the 2070 will finally come out and real benchmarks will come out and we'll see how close it actually comes to the 2080ti. I feel like most will be watching RDNA2 "launch" before you gets cards, so at least you'll know if AMD has much to offer, not that you'll be able to find them in stock either on launch ;).

Many are going to be watching RDNA 2 launch while still waiting on pre-orders, no doubt. And when RDNA 2 cards arrive, they'll be snatched up just as quickly.

nVidia made a call here. They knew they wanted to beat AMD to the gate, but knew demand was far too high for the supply and launching in September would be a complete shitshow. It was a business decision to head off competition. Unfortunately, business decisions and integrity don't always match.

For anyone not near a micro center I will, for a small additional fee of 700 dollars, stop by my local micro center and pick up a card for you.

Anyone know if Kyle still gets review "samples"? =P I wonder if he'll be rocking a dual 3090 setup...lol.

Amazon doesn't set prices for 3rd party sellers; and makes reporting price gouging really counter intuitive.

I'm more upset that the top search result for "RTX 3080" is an RTX 2080 card. I can see more than a few people not paying attention accidentally buying 2018s obsolete model.

DANG

missed a Asus Strix at Amazon 12 minutes ago
1600722650814.png

My alerts did NOT go off.

DANG

missed a Asus Strix at Amazon 12 minutes ago
View attachment 281407
My alerts did NOT go off.

No, it was never in-stock, they just added it to the list. That's why there is no In Stock history, only Out of Stock. Listed for $849 I believe.

That is the crazy thing about NowInStock, other than the nVidia FE card, none of them have actually listed as In Stock on their site since launch. There was the ZOTAC pre-order thing, but that got cancelled.

EVGA has (had?) some stock just now, I am stuck trying to check out. Site is absolutely crawling, they are probably already gone.

EDIT: Site crashed again. Had one in my cart...

EVGA has (had?) some stock just now, I am stuck trying to check out. Site is absolutely crawling, they are probably already gone.

Bestbuy also had the MSI Ventus in stock, but of course the site got to slow and I wasn't able to complete the buy :(

Without some sort of temporary "cart hold" on these sites, I don't think it's going to be possible to get cards, especially if the sites can't even handle the load.

Last preorder was with Nextwarehouse(terrible past experience with them long ago but its a 3080). They called to tell me the online live tracker isnt working properly and there will be a delay until after the new year not the 27th of this month. I go ahead and cancel as I'm looking a 2-3 months already waiting with EVGA step-up. Curiosity gets me so I go look on their site again the live tracker is saying 3-4 weeks. Wait a minute the prices have been nudged up some. Ah the scumminess is comming out with these retailers.

I thought Evga said they were sold out and are expecting stock next week.... Not sure what you saw, but doubt it was actual stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back