Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I entered for them also as well.
Not sure what Ill do if I actually get picked?!?
I plan to reject them. The same way they reject me every. Damn. Day. They will feel my pain. They will ache inside. Then they’ll sell the overpriced combo to some other sucker. At least the 12gb should keep it mining for a long time right?

I plan to reject them. The same way they reject me every. Damn. Day. They will feel my pain. They will ache inside. Then they’ll sell the overpriced combo to some other sucker. At least the 12gb should keep it mining for a long time right?
Does the memory affect hashing power?

Fuck Nvidia and AMD I'm gonna be Bitchin'!
Vhj8x3G.jpg

Only memory bandwidth. But memory size affects if it can mine because the DAG file size keeps growing. 4 GB cards are now SOL and soon 6 GB cards will be as well.

3gb cards can still mine. I have. 3gb 1060 mining with nicehash. Its gets less than a 6gb 1060 but not by much on average.

3gb cards can still mine. I have. 3gb 1060 mining with nicehash. Its gets less than a 6gb 1060 but not by much on average.
Yes I have a 4gb card mining as well but it’s not as lucrative. I was talking about Ethereum specifically.

I don't think that's completely accurate. Yes, it can still mine and be profitable, but the 6GB card is more than "not by much on average" better. You're talking about over double the profit with a 6GB card after you account for electricity in a month.

Screenshot 2021-04-13 091925.jpg

I don't think that's completely accurate. Yes, it can still mine and be profitable, but the 6GB card is more than "not by much on average" better. You're talking about over double the profit with a 6GB card after you account for electricity in a month.

View attachment 347435

Sorry, my experience is based off a 6gb mobile 1060s. I didn't take that into account. Forgot my one 1060 was in my laptop. that may chance it a bit.

Someone in my area is scalping a Newegg shuffle 3070 for $1400. Shameful.
I just did a quick check at newegg and a the msrp of a lot of 3070s is $750-$850. Add in tax and they will run about $900 for some. The FE models and EVGA black appear to be the only cards are reasonable prices. It's looking like it is going to get worse before it gets better. nvidia-expects-crippling-gpu-shortages-to-continue-throughout-2021.html
The best hope for gamers is for bitcoin to tank and even then gpu mining isn't going away anytime soon.

Someone in my area is scalping a Newegg shuffle 3070 for $1400. Shameful.
How do you know it came from the newegg shuffle? There are other sources for purchasing video cards. It's entirely possible he bought it from ebay at $1400 and is trying to recoup the cost due to an unexpected event. Not everyone selling at market price is a scalper, and to be perfectly honest anyone selling below market is an idiot, not a hero.

How do you know it came from the newegg shuffle? There are other sources for purchasing video cards. It's entirely possible he bought it from ebay at $1400 and is trying to recoup the cost due to an unexpected event. Not everyone selling at market price is a scalper, and to be perfectly honest anyone selling below market is an idiot, not a hero.
And people need to take into account the extraordinary effort it takes to get a card now, that is time that needs to be compensated. It sucks but that's just the way it is...if you could buy these anytime on BB or Amazon, ebay prices would collapse overnight.

They posted an image of their Newegg invoice with info blanked out and it was the one on the shuffle with the gigabyte psu.

It hadn’t even been delivered to them yet and they were selling it. So their motivation was just to scalp it and make a few bucks.

It takes no skill to win the shuffle, only luck.

That's an awfully negative view on those of us that would sell a 3070 at cost to a friend or someone on here.

That's an awfully negative view on those of us that would sell a 3070 at cost to a friend or someone on here.
If anyone who lives near a micro center wants to be my friend... 😉

I have thought about traveling to the Houston store.

They posted an image of their Newegg invoice with info blanked out and it was the one on the shuffle with the gigabyte psu.

It hadn’t even been delivered to them yet and they were selling it. So their motivation was just to scalp it and make a few bucks.

It takes no skill to win the shuffle, only luck.
It takes no skill to win the lottery either, only luck and there many many multimillionaires made this way, often through state run lottery programs, so what's your point? Luck has an effect on nearly everything in life. We are all incredibly lucky to be worrying about a damn video card and not living hand to mouth in a poor country...

It takes no skill to win the lottery either, only luck and there many many multimillionaires made this way, often through state run lottery programs, so what's your point? Luck has an effect on nearly everything in life. We are all incredibly lucky to be worrying about a damn video card and not living hand to mouth in a poor country...
My only point was that it’s lame that he is only trying to make a buck when others would have liked to win the shuffle just to have the card. He is free to do with it as he wishes as far as I’m concerned. This wasn’t someone who made a purchase and then suddenly had something happen and needed to sell it and it wasn’t someone who paid the same price for it just to break even. Nor was it someone taking extraordinary effort to buy the card and their efforts need to be compensated. These are the people helping drive the costs up as well as the people who are willing to pay it (not me).

If anyone who lives near a micro center wants to be my friend... 😉

I have thought about traveling to the Houston store.
Yeah Nearest Micro enter to me to is like 450 miles away. I guess Im l
ucky its the same state

EDIT forgot to send this earlier today

A few general comments:

I thought 3GB cards cannot mine ETH anymore, which is one of the main coins the miners are working on. Not sure everyone is aware of this.

Microcenter only allows one gpu to be purchased per month now. They have signs up and are going by drivers license or other form of ID.
They only allow one cpu a month too I think but may not check on those too much.
Having a friend in the area of a microcenter may put them in a bind if they want something too. You have to plan carefully.

A few general comments:

I thought 3GB cards cannot mine ETH anymore, which is one of the main coins the miners are working on. Not sure everyone is aware of this.

Microcenter only allows one gpu to be purchased per month now. They have signs up and are going by drivers license or other form of ID.
They only allow one cpu a month too I think but may not check on those too much.
Having a friend in the area of a microcenter may put them in a bind if they want something too. You have to plan carefully.
Idk. They had those signs saying that last week at my My and I brought a 3060 and they didn't take my license or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back