Official EVGA Ampere Queue Thread

I've tried to stepup to a 3080ftw3 in usa over past couple weeks and daniel told me they were no longer available , should've
stepuped back in oct ...
they are still available in Europe though

I just got one over the past few weeks stepping up a 3070 to a 3080.

notify I assume. My friends step up to 3080 was from like 8 months ago and he had forgot he even signed up, but luckily still had the card.

I would also assume that they didn't pick one of the 2 3080 cards they are actually shipping. EG the XC3 Gaming Ultra and FTW3 Gaming Ultra. Non-ultra or black versions will never ship.

I would also assume that they didn't pick one of the 2 3080 cards they are actually shipping. EG the XC3 Gaming Ultra and FTW3 Gaming Ultra. Non-ultra or black versions will never ship.
Yep. They don't offer any version except the FTW3.

I can almost guarantee that a lot of us that are waiting for cards will not get cards at all this generation and will be forced to wait till the next one hits
We won't be getting cards next year either.

I am on the 10G-P5-3885-KL. Evga changed it from what it was because i guess the first card stop being made so i got changed to this one.

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING, 10G-P5-3885-KL, 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Cooling, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate, LHR​

I am starting to not really give a shit. I Think what is going to happen is that I will end up calling Maingear and and get me a $8500 F131 Apex some time very late 22 or after Both the 40xx and Rapter lake launch.

I am on the 10G-P5-3885-KL. Evga changed it from what it was because i guess the first card stop being made so i got changed to this one.

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING, 10G-P5-3885-KL, 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Cooling, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate, LHR​

I am starting to not really give a shit. I Think what is going to happen is that I will end up calling Maingear and and get me a $8500 F131 Apex some time very late 22 or after Both the 40xx and Rapter lake launch.
If you're going to spend that much, go with Falcon Northwest.

No. THE reason i am going pre built is for the case. I have looked all around. Aventum X/Velox/V3000 +/others I hate all the cases i have seen. The F131 is the only one I want. I really want that case. I can also bust that case down blue print it or have someone blue print it and give me the cad files so i can make changes to the base design. maybe make it a tad longer to take a atx case and a very thin rad at the bottom if these new cards are going to be pushing the power that is being talked about.

Edit:

I work offshore make $240 a day pay no rent as my mom is about to die so i will also get a free $200,000 house and $50,000 life insurance and what is left in her back account. I have lived a good life and i will be said to see her leave.

Yeah $8500 is comically expensive, must get a nice 50% profit on that.
They are a very small company so I am paying for the R&D of the case and to keep the lights on and pay what i hope is a good wage. After all the overhead i don't think its 50% but i guess it could be. $1500 for hard line on 4 straight lines of tubes was really a turn off. I know the fittings are like $20 each but did you know you no longer get the nice look from the pictures? yeah you get a very simplified 4 hard tube that go in a line. after typing this i think i am going soft tube

go to 16:00 and see what $1500 gets you. It will piss you off

Last edited:
They are a very small company so I am paying for the R&D of the case and to keep the lights on and pay what i hope is a good wage. After all the overhead i don't think its 50% but i guess it could be. $1500 for hard line on 4 straight lines of tubes was really a turn off. I know the fittings are like $20 each but did you know you no longer get the nice look from the pictures? yeah you get a very simplified 4 hard tube that go in a line. after typing this i think i am going soft tube

go to 16:00 and see what $1500 gets you. It will piss you off

That's quite a rationalization. Also it's even harder to believe you want to spend 8500 on a prebuilt just so you can modify it.

That's quite a rationalization. Also it's even harder to believe you want to spend 8500 on a prebuilt just so you can modify it.
I wanted a case that i could be happy with for the rest of my life. I am not saying it will be but i hate every other case on the market. I would not be busting it down as soon as i got it. I missed the boat on buying the case and apex system as a DIY. It seems they stop selling it because it was to hard to build in and not user diy friendly. or so they say

Can't you buy those maingear cases sans system? I think I've seen them on NE and ebay.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by sans system. Google does not help maybe you spelled what you were trying to say wrong. I think you mean did they pull a stock case from a company and just mod it for their needs. The answer is yes the PC-06 but you still need the Apex system and to have some one custom make that is about $650 it just better if I order the system with the cheapest parts and do the rest my self. I have not seen one for sale on E-bay so i will try to pick up a used one first from reddit if i can.

Not sure what you mean by sans system. Google does not help maybe you spelled what you were trying to say wrong. I think you mean did they pull a stock case from a company and just mod it for their needs. The answer is yes the PC-06 but you still need the Apex system and to have some one custom make that is about $650 it just better if I order the system with the cheapest parts and do the rest my self. I have not seen one for sale on E-bay so i will try to pick up a used one first from reddit if i can.

Sans System = Without a system. I remember Maingear selling cases direct because I was looking at one of them last year. I just don't know if they sell that F131 case.

They do not they stopped because and I quote it’s not user-friendly not because they order one Apex system at a time that part is bullshit

EVGA has reduced the lengths and drastically increased prices of their extended warranties:

https://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=3508666&fp=1
Well as they state the prices were basically determined when an expensive card was maybe $800, not $2000. Obviously costs more to replace a card like that. And aren't they the only company offering such warranties? Evga cards are still cheaper at msrp than almost any other brand. I personally don't shop extended warranties so it doesn't matter to me but it seems to make sense in my eyes.

Well as they state the prices were basically determined when an expensive card was maybe $800, not $2000. Obviously costs more to replace a card like that. And aren't they the only company offering such warranties? Evga cards are still cheaper at msrp than almost any other brand. I personally don't shop extended warranties so it doesn't matter to me but it seems to make sense in my eyes.
I actually bought an extended warranty (to 5 years) on my 3080. I figured that card is going to stay in my computer for a very long time. Looks like I got a "deal" based on the current pricing. I remember getting burned by Sapphire's 2 year warranty on a Radeon Vapor X 290. Had the card replaced once under warranty and then the second one died within 3 years of my purchase (I did flash the replacement to a 290x, but that's besides the point :LOL:). I didn't know much about VRMs at the time, but, from what I understand, the Vapor X 290 VRM was anemic compared to the reference design. I've actually had to have 3 graphics cards replaced under warranty in the last 10 or so years; a Gigabyte nVidia 460 that was replaced with the same, an MSI Radeon Lightning 6970 that got replaced with a 7970 Gigahertz edition, and a Sapphire, Radeon 290 replaced with the same. I don't feel I'm hard on the cards either.

I actually bought an extended warranty (to 5 years) on my 3080. I figured that card is going to stay in my computer for a very long time. Looks like I got a "deal" based on the current pricing. I remember getting burned by Sapphire's 2 year warranty on a Radeon Vapor X 290. Had the card replaced once under warranty and then the second one died within 3 years of my purchase (I did flash the replacement to a 290x, but that's besides the point :LOL:). I didn't know much about VRMs at the time, but, from what I understand, the Vapor X 290 VRM was anemic compared to the reference design. I've actually had to have 3 graphics cards replaced under warranty in the last 10 or so years; a Gigabyte nVidia 460 that was replaced with the same, an MSI Radeon Lightning 6970 that got replaced with a 7970 Gigahertz edition, and a Sapphire, Radeon 290 replaced with the same. I don't feel I'm hard on the cards either.
I'd say the 5 year warranty is absolutely worth it if you plan to have it that long. For me 3 years is just right, I rarely keep the card that long.

I didn't realize they sold extended ones at all. Are they only available when you first buy the card, or also months after the fact?

I didn't realize they sold extended ones at all. Are they only available when you first buy the card, or also months after the fact?

You have maybe 90 days to add the warranty. Same as to get into the step up queue.

You have maybe 90 days to add the warranty. Same as to get into the step up queue.
Oh well. My 3080 was from August, and my 3070 from early in the year. I probably would've gotten the 5 year option if it had been available.

Oh well. My 3080 was from August, and my 3070 from early in the year. I probably would've gotten the 5 year option if it had been available.

I didn't add it to any of my cards. I don't keep them that long.

I normally never messed with those warranties as I don't keep them that long either, but things have changed so much with availability and costs, plus, I put a water block on it. I hope this one stays in place for quite a while.

I tend to keep mine a total of 4-6 years trickling down from my primary system to lesser ones; and an extra year or three in storage as emergency spares. If offered in one year increments I probably would stop at 4, but 5 would've been preferable to 3 for my needs.

New STEP UP restrictions:
The only change I see is the 10, 16, and 20 series.

h1l8dqxz86a81.png

The list of models is the same:

• EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 24G-P5-3987-KR, 24GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate (24G-P5-3987-KR) (PDF)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 12G-P5-3967-KR, 12GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate (12G-P5-3967-KR) (PDF)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 08G-P5-3797-KL, 8GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate (08G-P5-3797-KL) (PDF)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 08G-P5-3767-KL, 8GB GDDR6, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate, LHR (08G-P5-3767-KL) (PDF)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC GAMING, 12G-P5-3657-KR, 12GB GDDR6, Dual-Fan, Metal Backplate (12G-P5-3657-KR) (PDF)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 08G-P5-3667-KL, 8GB GDDR6, iCX3 Cooling, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate, LHR (08G-P5-3667-KL) (PDF)
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SC ULTRA GDDR6 GAMING, 04G-P4-1257-KR, 4GB GDDR6, Dual Fan, Metal Backplate (04G-P4-1257-KR) (PDF)

Last edited:
EVGA should end step-up if the participation trophy crowd is crying.

Looks like they also pulled the 3090 off the low-end 30 series cards.

Feel bad for anyone who bought those GT 1030's a few days ago.

Man that step up change is rough. Still the premise of step up was you could buy with confidence that new tech wasn’t going to show up and make you obsolete right away. Folks these days are just using it to cut in line to get the card they really want. I did it. I don’t think it’s fair to the people who signed up 6 months before me via their notify system. I should have been in line after the people who signed up, not in front. The 3070Ti was such a nice card…

Back