ODD question about plastic carry cases for 1U or more enterprise network equipment needed to move to new location for new business and College

I need help finding plastic carrying cases for computer networking equipment used or needed to move to a new location for a new Information Technology support Business and for College that I'm struggling to complete because I sort of got tricked into switching majors to Organizational Supervision instead of Computer Information Systems-Networking can anyone on here help me find any to replace the boxes I have instead to work with at the moment to help clean and keep my apartment more organized to prepare to move to a better location for a better price than around $1300 for each case because that's ridiculous considering most of my enterprise computer networking equipment doesn't even cost more than half that much for each 1U router, switch or firewall. I need a new place to live or conduct business or self-study for the Cisco Certified Networking Associate, Professional, and Internetwork Engineer too that can fit my equipment like my apartment too about 813 square feet or more that has enough plugs on the wall to plug all this stuff and more in like this room too, so does anyone know anyone that designs houses like my brother who should have been an architect instead of a mechanical engineer that sell costumes for a living regardless if he make a lot of money selling costumes or not.

Okay, firstly following your post was more difficult than it should have been, anyways...

What size is the equipment you're looking to move around? (Depth)
How many U of gear are you hauling at once?

Okay, firstly following your post was more difficult than it should have been, anyways...

What size is the equipment you're looking to move around? (Depth)
How many U of gear are you hauling at once?
18 U for the Cisco Access Layer and Distribution Layer equipment with 2 Cisco 1U 3560v2's for the Distribution Layer and 2 Cisco 1U 2060S's for the Access Layer, 5 Cisco 1U 1921's for the Routers, 1 Seagate 1U NAS, 1 Cisco 5510 ASA Firewall, and one preplanned purchase for a 1U server with a 350 watt power to balance out the electrical wattage load to prevent overloading the outlets and circuit breaker using a 15 amp outlet with a 20 amp breaker plus an unknown amperage for the wires along with plans to buy a 1U Cisco 5508 Wireless LAN Controller also along with a 1U KVM console drawer with 8 VGA plus PS2 or USB ports. Then plans to buy a 6U Cisco 6503 Enhanced Campus switch, a 1U storage server using at least an Atom processor from Supermicro, a 1U KVM console drawer with 8 VGA plus PS2 or USB ports. a 1U aggregation router, a 1U 5508 ASA firewall or 5510, one preplanned purchase for a 1U server with Dual processor s using either AMD or especially Intel Xeon Scalable processors a 600 watt power to balance out the electrical wattage load to prevent overloading the outlets and circuit breaker using a 15 amp outlet with a 20 amp breaker plus an unknown amperage, one 2U Cyberpower 1500 watt UPS rackmount and and vertically standing unless you can help me find a 16 U Openpost frame server rack for the Campus layer to get CCIE later and two 2U Cyberpower 1500 watt UPS rackmount on an 18U Openpost frame server rack to get CCNA and CCNP.

18 U for the Cisco Access Layer and Distribution Layer equipment with 2 Cisco 1U 3560v2's for the Distribution Layer and 2 Cisco 1U 2060S's for the Access Layer, 5 Cisco 1U 1921's for the Routers, 1 Seagate 1U NAS, 1 Cisco 5510 ASA Firewall, and one preplanned purchase for a 1U server with a 350 watt power to balance out the electrical wattage load to prevent overloading the outlets and circuit breaker using a 15 amp outlet with a 20 amp breaker plus an unknown amperage for the wires along with plans to buy a 1U Cisco 5508 Wireless LAN Controller also along with a 1U KVM console drawer with 8 VGA plus PS2 or USB ports. Then plans to buy a 6U Cisco 6503 Enhanced Campus switch, a 1U storage server using at least an Atom processor from Supermicro, a 1U KVM console drawer with 8 VGA plus PS2 or USB ports. a 1U aggregation router, a 1U 5508 ASA firewall or 5510, one preplanned purchase for a 1U server with Dual processor s using either AMD or especially Intel Xeon Scalable processors a 600 watt power to balance out the electrical wattage load to prevent overloading the outlets and circuit breaker using a 15 amp outlet with a 20 amp breaker plus an unknown amperage, one 2U Cyberpower 1500 watt UPS rackmount and and vertically standing unless you can help me find a 16 U Openpost frame server rack for the Campus layer to get CCIE later and two 2U Cyberpower 1500 watt UPS rackmount on an 18U Openpost frame server rack to get CCNA and CCNP.
Firstly: Break up your stream of consciousness more. You're hard to read.

Secondly: You never said what size the equipment is.

Moving IT equipment is a challenge, and not something that's done on a whim. There's a reason there are companies that specialize in moving IT Servers and the like. You're talking about hundreds, if not thousands of pounds of shit here, and the pricetag of tens, or hundreds of thousands of dollars.

DOn't cheap out on it, or you'll be spending thousands on replacement hardware, and even more on lost productivity and lost uptime.

Firstly: Break up your stream of consciousness more. You're hard to read.

Secondly: You never said what size the equipment is.

Moving IT equipment is a challenge, and not something that's done on a whim. There's a reason there are companies that specialize in moving IT Servers and the like. You're talking about hundreds, if not thousands of pounds of shit here, and the pricetag of tens, or hundreds of thousands of dollars.

DOn't cheap out on it, or you'll be spending thousands on replacement hardware, and even more on lost productivity and lost uptime.
Yes I know, but where do you buy these cases from or the stuff to make your own.

Yes I know, but where do you buy these cases from or the stuff to make your own.
So, I'm going to ask the simplest question again. Since you've ignored it several times.

WHAT FUCKING SIZE IS THE EQUIPMENT

If you don't answer it, nobody will be able to help you.

So, I'm going to ask the simplest question again. Since you've ignored it several times.

WHAT FUCKING SIZE IS THE EQUIPMENT

If you don't answer it, nobody will be able to help you.
If you want the dimensions for each model and each piece of Computer Equipment I'm using or thinking of using try to see if you can find them too right now because the specifications and or datasheets aren't showing up at right now through the browser for anyone to see and these products are too old anyway, but they work better and are designed to meet lower requirements unlike the new ones that don't even work completely right like the older models that still don't do what you need these things to do anymore. Don't you know what 1U means anyway when it mean 1.75 inches for at least 1U anyway when the shortest side or dimension is the depth and the second longest side or dimension is the width and the third longest side or dimension is the length for a 3-D three dimensional object anyway.

Last edited:
If you want the dimensions for each model and each piece of Computer Equipment I'm using or thinking of using try to see if you can find them too right now because the specifications and or datasheets aren't showing up at right now through the browser for anyone to see and these products are too old anyway, but they work better and are designed to meet lower requirements unlike the new ones that don't even work completely right like the older models that still don't do what you need these things to do anymore. Don't you know what 1U means anyway when it mean 1.75 inches for at least 1U anyway when the shortest side or dimension is the depth and the second longest side or dimension is the width and the third longest side or dimension is the length for a 3-D three dimensional object anyway.

Oi. No. I don't care what gear you have.

But rackmount equipment varies in size A LOT.

A case to move around Quarter depth Switches / Routers? That's pretty easy to do.

Half length gear? Slightly harder, but still very doable.

Full length server chassis that weigh 100+ LBS? You're not doing that easily, and you're hella likely to break shit.

Oi. No. I don't care what gear you have.

But rackmount equipment varies in size A LOT.

A case to move around Quarter depth Switches / Routers? That's pretty easy to do.

Half length gear? Slightly harder, but still very doable.

Full length server chassis that weigh 100+ LBS? You're not doing that easily, and you're hella likely to break shit.
The Cisco 1921 Router Dimensions for each of the 5 Cisco 1921's are:
1.75 x 13.5 x 11.5 in. (4.45 x 34.29 x 29.21 cm)

The dimension for each of the 4 Cisco 3560v2's are: 1.75 inches x 11.81 inches x 17.5 inches (4.39 x 30 x 44.45 cm)

The dimension for each of the 4 Cisco 3750v2's are: 1.75 inches x 17.46 inches x 11.62 inches

The dimension for the single Cisco 5510 ASA Firewall is: 1.75 inches x 7.89 inches x 6.87 inches

The dimensions for the single Seagate STDN100 is: 1.7 inches x 15 inches x 16.9 inches

Let me just say that you guys are saints.

When I saw that he:
1) Doesn't use paragraphs
2) Doesn't answer people asking for specific information to help them, help him

I just gave up and stuck around to see where this thread would go. Good on you guys!
Talking to him is generally an exercise in mashing your face into a brick wall

IDK Why you really need specialized cases to move some network switches / routers, but k.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c459--Rackmount_Cases?sb=popular

Audio racks will do exactly what you want. You can get 16-18U of storage in a portable case, along with a depth of 18" or more. Don't cheap out on this.
I don't need 16-18U portable storage cases though. I just need one 4U portable storage case, six 2U portable storage cases, fourteen 1U portable storage cases for the server rack with the access layer and distribution layer equipment, and five 1U portable storage cases for the Campus layer equipment. I don't see anything 1U on the webpage for this website you put here above. Don't ask why I need I need them if said not to cheap out when you should know that doesn't make any sense for you to say that.

Talking to him is generally an exercise in mashing your face into a brick wall
This is a forum in case you didn't notice and manually breaking sentences into paragraphs is a pain to do compared to typing a paper with a word processing program, but whatever. I answered the question more specifically than either of you did or cared to do either, so thanks for nothing as usually. I should expect this from people who probably get on forums just to hack or ridicule as forum junkies regardles of there forum rank too, but whatever. I always get spam answers on here to now especially and don't get the kind of help I actually need. I know more about what I'm looking for than anyone who replies to this thread or any of my other threads and you people respond with some of the worst answers to my problems or most other peoples too. Don't even try to say any of you actually knew what you were talking about either because neither of you were even close enough to the right answer as you should have been.

I don't need 16-18U portable storage cases though. I just need one 4U portable storage case, six 2U portable storage cases, fourteen 1U portable storage cases for the server rack with the access layer and distribution layer equipment, and five 1U portable storage cases for the Campus layer equipment. I don't see anything 1U on the webpage for this website you put here above. Don't ask why I need I need them if said not to cheap out when you should know that doesn't make any sense for you to say that.
No one moves mass amounts of gear like that. They put it all in a portable rack and move one thing instead of 10. Having just moved 30U of kit, we mounted all of it in a 1/2 size rack that we could, moved it, and then packed the rest up into Pelican cases (generally smaller routers/switches) since that was easy. 1/2 size racks with wheels aren't expensive, and with everything in one box - easier to move. If I'd had two 1/2 size racks (or time to get a second delivered), we would have done that instead. I haul gear around all the time - you securely mount it into a rack and move that one thing. Way better on the hardware than moving a bunch of it in individual cases. That being said, your stuff is small enough you can probably just shove it in a trunk - switches tend to be pretty resilient, all things considered.
This is a forum in case you didn't notice and manually breaking sentences into paragraphs is a pain to do compared to typing a paper with a word processing program, but whatever. I answered the question more specifically than either of you did or cared to do either, so thanks for nothing as usually. I should expect this from people who probably get on forums just to hack or ridicule as forum junkies regardles of there forum rank too, but whatever. I always get spam answers on here to now especially and don't get the kind of help I actually need. I know more about what I'm looking for than anyone who replies to this thread or any of my other threads and you people respond with some of the worst answers to my problems or most other peoples too. Don't even try to say any of you actually knew what you were talking about either because neither of you were even close enough to the right answer as you should have been.
The enter button (for ending a paragraph) works the same on either program. If you think you know more, go buy a bunch of pelican cases and move it - but very few people do it as it's not very efficient, and it (as you discovered) is expensive as heck.

you miserable fucking dumbassed dipshit.

YOU LITERALLY SAID YOU NEED 18U. YOU DIRECTLY SAID THAT.
18 U for the Cisco Access Layer and Distribution Layer equipment with 2 Cisco 1U 3560v2's for the Distribution Layer and 2 Cisco 1U 2060S's for the Access Layer, 5 Cisco 1U 1921's for the Routers, 1 Seagate 1U NAS, 1 Cisco 5510 ASA Firewall, and one preplanned purchase for a 1U server
You LOVE to pretend you're smart, but you're literally the most obtuse person on this fucking forum.

Nobody's going to take the statement "I need 16-18U of portable storage" to mean I need 18U spread across 8 different enclosures.

No, you need to learn to fucking type.

NOBODY gives a fuck if you're not typing in proper queen's english or anything. IDGAF about that shit. You, however, CAN take a minimal amount of effort to break your fucking posts up into something easier to read than word diarrhea.

you are, once again, proving to everyone why talking to you is "a lot like mashing your face into a brick wall"

I don't need 16-18U portable storage cases though. I just need one 4U portable storage case, six 2U portable storage cases, fourteen 1U portable storage cases for the server rack with the access layer and distribution layer equipment, and five 1U portable storage cases for the Campus layer equipment. I don't see anything 1U on the webpage for this website you put here above.

holy shit, you're insane. You said you need 18U.... YOU JUST LISTED 35U WORTH OF DEVICES.

If you want anyone to be able to help you? You really need to god damned ask for the help you need. If I ask for help fixing a Monitor, and then ask why they didn't fix my printer? That's insane, and that's exactly what you're doing.

So they don't have 1U enclosures. Buy 2U and call it a damned day. It ain't rocket science.

Don't ask why I need I need them if said not to cheap out when you should know that doesn't make any sense for you to say that.

... What the fuck was that statement?

It ain't rocket science.
C'mon. We've all been trying to talk to this guy for years with his same unintelligible responses, it is clearly nanoscale rocket brain surgery to him.

I've shown his posts (particularly the legendary server sale) to a friend of mine who is, shall we say, personally familiar with this kind of behavior, and he suggests keeping everything super simple and backing off. We may be overwhelming him. He wants carrying cases? Great, show him the website and walk away. Don't suggest to him what he could buy or do, or even our own experience and knowledge in the matter. He can figure it out (or screw it up) all on his own from there.

Back