Oculus will now require Facebook login for social features and ad targeting

If you use Virtual Desktop (installed on your Quest 2) you can use SteamVR wirelessly and don't need the Oculus software on your PC.

But you need a facebook account when you first setup your Quest 2, you basically can't get around that. Well you can, but it's complicated and not worth it IMO.

I know but I did not want to complicate things further. :p VD is still amazing piece of software even though official Airlink now exists.

Thanks for the information..... I think this puts VR out of reach for me then. I can’t justify the cost for the one game I would play but it’s supposed to be great! I do have a old fake account I made about 12 years ago but that could bite me in the *ss from what I’m reading. May have to think about this some more.....

What other games do you like to play in normal gaming?

I know but I did not want to complicate things further. :p VD is still amazing piece of software even though official Airlink now exists.
The VD beta added SSW which is really awesome for games you can't get a consistent 120 fps on. I used airlink when it came out but this feature made VD better.

Back