Oculus Rift 2017, Best VR games?

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
So I've had a 2017 era Rift kit sitting unopened in the box for over a year now. This is the version immediately previous to the Rift S and Quest releases.

What games or apps are must haves or must experience in your opinion?

Keep in kind that I can't do S or Quest exclusive titles - they just work with the original Rift. Thanks guys!

Do you have touch controllers too?

If so, Vader Immortal episodes are among the better VR games I've played recently, but they're too damned short (30-45 minute stories, outside of the Dojo mode).

Do you have Touch?

If not, don't buy any games until you get a Touch kit and go room scale.

And for those curious, I eventually plan to get the Rift S (no need for room sensors on that if I understand correctly) but I've hesitated because I remember reading that the original Rift uses AMOLED and has a higher refresh rate.

It should have two sensors in the box. Your best bet is to set them up diagonally across from each other in your play space. Ignore the software and click the skip button if it bitches too much.

Get it set up and play some Robo Recall. Once you have it working we can recommend some games.

And correct, the Rift S is 80hz LCD vs Rift 90hz OLED. But heck, my Quest is only 72hz and gets the most use out of any of my HMDs.

So I've had a 2017 era Rift kit sitting unopened in the box for over a year now. This is the version immediately previous to the Rift S and Quest releases.

What games or apps are must haves or must experience in your opinion?

Keep in kind that I can't do S or Quest exclusive titles - they just work with the original Rift. Thanks guys!
There's no such thing as rift s exclusive games. Basically any Oculus or steamvr game will work, and most Quest games have already been on PC vr.

As to games - lone echo if you haven't played it, onward if you like fps mil sims, iracing if you like driving sims, x-plane if you like flight sims (need a beefy pc) etc. Tell us the genres you prefer and we can make some more accurate recommendations.

I'd recommend the Quest over the Rift S if you want an ugprade as you get standalone wireless functionality as well as tethered pc.

Back