• AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
  • G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600
  • XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB
  • NZXT H510
  • SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W

Fan grill from https://www.jmmods.com/

CEuvfgOl.jpg

It looked like one of those manifolds at first doh that might be an idea for later). It's pretty cool looking. Is that a replacement front or did you have to cut and mount it? Woops, nevermind just saw your other pics. That's a clever mod you go there.

It looked like one of those manifolds at first doh that might be an idea for later). It's pretty cool looking. Is that a replacement front or did you have to cut and mount it? Woops, nevermind just saw your other pics. That's a clever mod you go there.

I originally wanted one of these designs on aluminium, but I couldn't find someone that could do it cheaply. Most of the shops that had these designs use them as room separations for commercial spaces. They didn't have time for a small project like mine. They all had $500-1000 minimum order requirements.

I ended up using an acrylic fan grill from https://www.jmmods.com/. It was much more cost effective and a good design.

Last edited:
Stress Test with Stock Settings
Prime95 - Small FFTs
MSI Kombustor
16 minute duration

Some things I noticed:

• HWiNFO64 and iCue do not like each other. Launching both will remove fan control options in Corsair Link and iCue. This seems to be a known issue with no fix in sight since both programs are trying to take over access to the sensors.
  • The Asus Crosshair VIII Hero will show ~12 sensors, but only 2 are actually active. The others are probably for motherboard pin-outs.
  • Graphic cards seem to do just fine in NZXT HXXX cases as long as there is some air blowing.
  • It looks like I have some headroom with the 5700 since I left it on the stock fan curve. I haven't tried doing the powertable mod or flashing the BIOS on it yet.
Lu4DLsA.jpg

Back