NXZT S340 Tempered glass explosion

4saken

[H]F Junkie
Puter is fine, and wasnt sitting there when it happened. NZXT S340VR ive had for about 4 years Glass window just went kaboom and kaput. Was on the couch in the room and heard a terrible pop and sound like someone was pouring gravel out of a bucket. Was like wth is that from, got up and saw this.

ShopVac ftw.

image0.jpg

Oof, guess it wasn't tempered enough. :/

Secured by screws, or a glued on bracket? If screwed, probably the metal shrunk/expanded and put a big load on one of the corners/sides. If it eventually broke, that would cause the whole sheet to explode (unless you got "lucky" and just a corner snapped off).

Ever had a vehicle window break? My Mom (RIP Mom) was driving and stopped at a light to turn left to a shopping center and some asshat on his phone rear ended mom's Jeep! I Was in the car also my head hit the passenger side door window so hard it left a crack, I was OK at the time I get out shut the door hard (I was kind of pissed at the asshat driver of the other car) and it went into a million pieces like you have above! So any impact can weaken the glass and another impact can cause it to shatter like this!

PS: My mom did not die from the accident but it probably did not help her much :(.

Back