NVIDIA To Give Away Diablo IV with New GeForce RTX Purchases

erek

[H]F Junkie
Nice, Diablo 4 for free

"US retailer Best Buy inadvertently revealed NVIDIA's next big GeForce game bundle. Team Green is planning to give away the hotly anticipated action RPG "Diablo IV." The "Rise Against Evil" bundle will see select models of NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards include coupons to the game. At this point we don't know which specific graphics card models are eligible for the $70 game, but that it will be limited to participating retailers, and in select regions."

xif1xLDkA9iEfkM2.jpg

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/308364/nvidia-to-give-away-diablo-iv-with-new-geforce-rtx-purchases

Not sure why anyone would be convinced by free games/software. That has never been the reason why I picked one piece of hardware vs another.

You can buy an AMD card that performs better, buy D4 and still save money. The slice of people that want an nVidia card and haven’t already purchased d4 or even want d4 is small.

Just lower your price by $60 or whatever nVidia… though it’s “not enough” that is still more significant than a free game.

Not sure why anyone would be convinced by free games/software. That has never been the reason why I picked one piece of hardware vs another.

You can buy an AMD card that performs better, buy D4 and still save money. The slice of people that want an nVidia card and haven’t already purchased d4 or even want d4 is small.

Just lower your price by $60 or whatever nVidia… though it’s “not enough” that is still more significant than a free game.
D4 is like $100 CAD for the "standard" edition, so if you were going to get one that is a decent discount surprised they are bundling it with something current, I remember the game give aways always being either old or just bad.

D4 is like $100 CAD for the "standard" edition, so if you were going to get one that is a decent discount surprised they are bundling it with something current, I remember the game give aways always being either old or just bad.
Right, but pricing of cards is also different in CAD. My point remains the same.

Right, but pricing of cards is also different in CAD. My point remains the same.
Yeah, I am not arguing it, I am just honestly surprised they are bundling it with a title people actually want. But cash is best, mail-ins are OK, and game bundles are better than a shot to the nuts.
But the last 5 years of GPU pricing have just been one dick-kicking after another so I am just happy they are starting to try again

Getting Tomb Raider and Bioshock infinite for free Just before they released was enough to sway me to get my 7800xt((7950 2gb). Fun times.

Note the terms of the deal, ie "SELECT RTX cards".... in marketing-speak, only the high-end 4090's and maybe the 4080ti...

Also of note that the offer can only be redeemed on the "GeFarce Experience"....

It’s all 40 series cards. It’s in the first line.
So are you thinkin that nGreediya is gonna give you something, anything, if you buy a lowly, bottom-barrel 4060 ?

uh huh, but I guess you can keep on dreaming though, so good luck with that :D

It’s all 40 series cards. It’s in the first line.
I think you may need some glasses my guy, it literally says exactly what he said. "Get Diablo IV with select GeForce RTX 40 series" even the article on it says "The "Rise Against Evil" bundle will see select models of NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards include coupons to the game. At this point we don't know which specific graphics card models are eligible for the $70 game, but that it will be limited to participating retailers, and in select regions."

I guess select could definitely include all, but for now it's just listed as select.

So are you thinkin that nGreediya is gonna give you something, anything, if you buy a lowly, bottom-barrel 4060 ?

uh huh, but I guess you can keep on dreaming though, so good luck with that :D
To me this isn’t a real discount. If this is about whether or not nVidia is greedy, there isn’t a disagreement.

I think you may need some glasses my guy, it literally says exactly what he said. "Get Diablo IV with select GeForce RTX 40 series" even the article on it says "The "Rise Against Evil" bundle will see select models of NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards include coupons to the game. At this point we don't know which specific graphics card models are eligible for the $70 game, but that it will be limited to participating retailers, and in select regions."

I guess select could definitely include all, but for now it's just listed as select.
I noticed a bit too late. But clicking the link, it looks like most 40 series cards are covered, if you’re in those regions etc.

But to me you’re just expressing more how this giveaway is mostly pointless. NVidia should’ve just given a price drop, which is what I said to begin with.

EDIT: also,
https://www.thefpsreview.com/2023/0...ty-of-diablo-iv-geforce-rtx-40-series-bundle/

From now until June 13, buyers of eligible GeForce RTX 4070, 4070 Ti, 4080, and 4090 graphics cards and desktop PCs from select retailers and etailers will receive a Battle.net copy of Diablo IValongside four digital bonuses, including a Light-Bearer Mount and Caparison of Faith Armor. Diablo IV launches on June 6, while “Server Slam,” a second open-beta event, is available from May 12 to May 14 with NVIDIA DLSS 3 support for those who want to try the action RPG ahead of its official release.

If you want to get this bonus, doesn’t seem like it will be that hard. Perhaps it’s not “all” in the sense that the vendor has to be in on this promotion, but I think all of them want to push cards. More likely than not whatever you buy is going to get it.

Last edited:
Blizzard and NVIDIA have partnered to bring our game-changing technologies to Diablo® IV, giving GeForce gamers the definitive experience. Accelerate frame rates with NVIDIA DLSS 3, and make gameplay even more responsive using NVIDIA Reflex. And if that weren’t enough, players can raise Hell with ray tracing in Diablo IV when it becomes available post-launch.

To celebrate Diablo IV coming June 6th, we’ve launched the Diablo IV GeForce RTX 40 Series Bundle, available now until June 13th. Buyers of eligible GeForce RTX 4070, 4070 Ti, 4080 and 4090 graphics cards and desktop PCs from select retailers and etailers will receive a Battle.net copy of Diablo IV*. Additionally, you’ll also receive the:

• Light-Bearer Mount and Caparison of Faith Armor**
  • Diablo® III Inarius Wings and Inarius Murloc Pet***
  • World of Warcraft® Amalgam Rage Mount****
  • And Diablo Immortal® Umber Winged Darkness Cosmetics Set*****

Says there right in the picture

No, I was asking for his source that it would only be high end 40 series, which is now obvious he didn't have and was blowing nothing but hot air because he had no source.

Thank you, but see above.

Blizzard and NVIDIA have partnered to bring our game-changing technologies to Diablo® IV, giving GeForce gamers the definitive experience. Accelerate frame rates with NVIDIA DLSS 3, and make gameplay even more responsive using NVIDIA Reflex. And if that weren’t enough, players can raise Hell with ray tracing in Diablo IV when it becomes available post-launch.

To celebrate Diablo IV coming June 6th, we’ve launched the Diablo IV GeForce RTX 40 Series Bundle, available now until June 13th. Buyers of eligible GeForce RTX 4070, 4070 Ti, 4080 and 4090 graphics cards and desktop PCs from select retailers and etailers will receive a Battle.net copy of Diablo IV*. Additionally, you’ll also receive the:

• Light-Bearer Mount and Caparison of Faith Armor**
  • Diablo® III Inarius Wings and Inarius Murloc Pet***
  • World of Warcraft® Amalgam Rage Mount****
  • And Diablo Immortal® Umber Winged Darkness Cosmetics Set*****

Thank you for a full breakdown. This should hopefully keep certain people from crowing that it's only for high end.

No, I was asking for his source that it would only be high end 40 series, which is now obvious he didn't have and was blowing nothing but hot air because he had no source.

Thank you for a full breakdown. This should hopefully keep certain people from crowing that it's only for high end.
See above for what? I gave a direct link to nVidia's website with the details.

I have to admit, I'm a bit bitter about this apparently not being available to existing owners of 4000 series cards.

I game that doesn't even need a 4000 series to run smooth.. Nice...

When big NEW game gets bundled with a big NEW GPU, one has to ask, which one is failing in sales and paid the other?

When big NEW game gets bundled with a big NEW GPU, one has to ask, which one is failing in sales and paid the other?
No more than in December 2020 when they were bundling call of duty cold war with RTX 3080 cards like mine and I got that included, despite them being virtually impossible to find. Game bundles are normal.

(copypasta'd from another thread I posted in)

Aren't the cards listed all of the 40 series cards you can buy, so technically, it's all 40 series cards that get the game.

Last edited:
Gotta be honest, I had fun with Diablo III when I realized I was playing a modern version of Gauntlet/Smash TV, just doing it 30 years later.....but I ain't buyin no 40 series.

It's added value. If anything, it would just convince people sitting on the fence to jump on a purchase. It's not going to sell cards to anybody who wasn't thinking about buying one in the first place.

I hate when they give you a bunch of extra crap for other games you also have to purchase separately.
Also known as worthless junk :p. I give away codes that come with purchases if they don't have annoying strings attached to redeeming them.

Back