Nvidia Hotfix Driver 461.33 - Fix for VR Stuttering Part 1

MavericK

Zero Cool
Going to wait for the WHQL release driver, maybe they will have it fully sorted by then.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5152

https://international-gfe.download....top-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe

Doesn't address the stuttering when using monitoring tools (I had a lot of issues with RGB software services causing performance issues, personally) but it supposedly eliminates the stuttering on startup and whatnot.
I wonder if that is what I have noticed in Aircar VR where the game seems to run very smoothly but panning seems jerky or sudden stutters then it goes away and runs super smooth again. I am pushing rendering but still..

Going to wait for the WHQL release driver, maybe they will have it fully sorted by then.

Same, wish they would fix idle crashes on RTX 3xxx cards while not in high performance 110 W while sitting at the desktop mode.

I wonder if that is what I have noticed in Aircar VR where the game seems to run very smoothly but panning seems jerky or sudden stutters then it goes away and runs super smooth again. I am pushing rendering but still..

Possibly. Nvidia has had VR stuttering after every release beyond 446 version. 2000 serie users could always use an old driver but 3000 serie users were screwed if they were affected by this issue, until now. And if you are using MSI Afterburner, turn off voltage monitoring. Usually that is the suspect if monitoring causes stuttering.

Jesus, I was getting mad at my Oculus this entire time, this is exactly the issue I've been having:

[Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game

Thanks OP

This is why I don't buy bleeding edge hardware even during normal availability.

FYI this solved my issues with Zoom recently. Had massive flickering whenever someone would share screen. Was absolutely driving me insane.

Debating whether I should download the latest Game Ready driver or just stick with the hotfix for now...

Back