NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Reviews

I would wait till you see someone testing the 4060 16gb in that case. Seems like it would be highly disappointing to me. 16gb isn't going to matter a ton with the gimped bandwidth.
Bandwidth may not matter if you are playing in 1080p I think.
For 1440p it definitely comes into play

I am not sure about the 6500 launch comparaison, but there is a big difference, the xx60 used to be the flagship product, the 6500 was kind of a "new one".

Maybe there was in absolute worst launch than the 1996 Taurus, but that was the best-selling sedan in North America having a bad launch that lead to the brand being all death for the personal market in a decade. It is 2 completely different tier of mattering in terms of products and price-performance trend setting.

I would wait till you see someone testing the 4060 16gb in that case. Seems like it would be highly disappointing to me. 16gb isn't going to matter a ton with the gimped bandwidth.
Yeah, but it very much has the potential to upgrade my fleet of Quadro RTX 4000’s and could give me an alternative to shelling out for the new 4000 SFF models.

Yeah, but it very much has the potential to upgrade my fleet of Quadro RTX 4000’s and could give me an alternative to shelling out for the new 4000 SFF models.
Maybe... I would wait till you know for sure before you went purchasing racks of them. :) I know technically the Quadros are what 416gb or something bandwidth. So on paper you can look and say oh look the 4060ti is 554gbs "effective" bandwidth.... still its really a 128mbs bus and if the game performance numbers are any indication no the 4060 is no where close to 554gbs, its a 128bit bus card with a bigger cache. I could be very wrong but I think AI workloads would expose that truth even harder then games have.
Its really just too bad that Cuda is what it is. I hear what your saying... buying racks of 16gb (or better) NV cards is insane.

I guess Io should thank Nvidia for protecting the value of my previously bought gpus. They really have my back afterall.
lol the shiny new house on the block hasn't dropped property values at all. Turns out its filled with saw dust. Score.

Maybe... I would wait till you know for sure before you went purchasing racks of them. :) I know technically the Quadros are what 416gb or something bandwidth. So on paper you can look and say oh look the 4090ti is 554gbs "effective" bandwidth.... still its really a 128mbs bus and if the game performance numbers are any indication no the 4060 is no where close to 554gbs, its a 128bit bus card with a bigger cache. I could be very wrong but I think AI workloads would expose that truth even harder then games have.
Yeah not gonna replace the labs with them until some practical tests come out. But I could swing one as a test, drop it into one of the 7700k workstations and see how it goes.

TPU gives this card a "highly recommended". The comments section craps on Wizzard for being a corporate shill.

The Gamer's Nexus review is the most damning. It really shows how the 16 GB version will still be trash in many titles, just $100 more for them.
Perhaps the performance drop will not be that significant for the 4060, at least ay higher resolutions with lighter titles.

TPU gives this card a "highly recommended". The comments section craps on Wizzard for being a corporate shill.

The Gamer's Nexus review is the most damning. It really shows how the 16 GB version will still be trash in many titles, just $100 more for them.
Perhaps the performance drop will not be that significant for the 4060, at least ay higher resolutions with lighter titles.
Not sure I would try it at higher resolutions, a 4060TI with a good quality 144 hz 1080P GSync compatible screen would be a solid setup paired with something like a 13400 and wouldn’t break the bank.

I didnt get a chance to watch the video before it was taken down, but it seems that it praised the card as really good.

Jesus what happened with his video that he needed that sort of response….
He got ratioed, The video was about the 4060ti being the new mid-range king. the comments were pretty bad too.

Attachments

• 332cff01-bbb6-4388-8ced-1b1bbe4deef4.jpg
    332cff01-bbb6-4388-8ced-1b1bbe4deef4.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 1
  • fc386de6-a483-47f1-973f-252259ef1330.jpg
    fc386de6-a483-47f1-973f-252259ef1330.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 1
He got ratioed, The video was about the 4060ti being the new mid-range king. the comments were pretty bad too.
Ok, so what? Maybe not the best take, but it was nothing deceptive or dishonest. It's no different than TPU's Highly Recommended award.

Some might have a boner for DLSS 3 and thats ok. Piss on J for being a little cuck to the mob. It's ok to have a minority opinion sometimes.

TechYesCity is semi positive. Though he bases it on the inflation/money supply argument as the reason for the pricing.

"This GPU would have cost $289 by 2020's Dollar"

Nvidia and amd are trying hard to kill pc gaming. When do they just shift the narrative from “buy our new overpriced card” to “can’t afford our overpriced card? Subscribe to our gaming service” or “buy our console “?

TechYesCity is semi positive. Though he bases it on the inflation/money supply argument as the reason for the pricing.

"This GPU would have cost $289 by 2020's Dollar"

That's nice and all, but people's wages haven't increased that percentage. Regardless of inflation you still have to release a product compelling enough for people to buy it at a price level. That's also an insane estimation of overall inflation and not just corporate price gouging. Cumulative average inflation is 17.3 percent globally since 2020. 289 * .173 ~= 49 + 289 = 338 so absolutely not 400. I've seen some of this guy's economic analysis and it's a little bunk TBH.

The truth of the matter is Nvidia wants to probably come close to doubling their margins since the crypto boom. It's not going to happen unless everyone gets a massive pay raise along with their "inflation" costs. They're price gouging for a luxury product atleast, could be worse and be eggs (fuck those people).

Ok, so what? Maybe not the best take, but it was nothing deceptive or dishonest. It's no different than TPU's Highly Recommended award.

Some might have a boner for DLSS 3 and thats ok. Piss on J for being a little cuck to the mob. It's ok to have a minority opinion sometimes.
I guess he didn't check with the other reviewers to get on board with the F Nvidia stance. lmao

Honestly Jay is a bit of a step down from the other options... I mean I wouldn't be shocked they did what Nvidia told them to do and bench with DLSS3. :) Still I agree his take probably wasn't that bad... it just didn't align. haha

That's nice and all, but people's wages haven't increased that percentage. Regardless of inflation you still have to release a product compelling enough for people to buy it at a price level. That's also an insane estimation of overall inflation and not just corporate price gouging. Cumulative average inflation is 17.3 percent globally since 2020. 289 * .173 ~= 49 + 289 = 338 so absolutely not 400. I've seen some of this guy's economic analysis and it's a little bunk TBH.

The truth of the matter is Nvidia wants to probably come close to doubling their margins since the crypto boom. It's not going to happen unless everyone gets a massive pay raise along with their "inflation" costs. They're price gouging for a luxury product atleast, could be worse and be eggs (fuck those people).

Just curious to where you got 17.3% globally since 2020... I have a theory on something.. .

Just curious to where you got 17.3% globally since 2020... I have a theory on something.. .
https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

$290 2020 gave $340 on that, $400 now give $341 back in the days, it is much cheaper than a 3060ti $400 in late 2020 dollars, but not cheaper than the regular 3060 ($33), about the same, well maybe in actual street price and not msrp it will be.

recommended.gif

Seems like sites like TPU, while doing good benchmarking, hand out these awards too easily.

Honestly, this is a terrible value.

dyinglight2_1440p.png

Nvidia seems to be implying two things:

1) The 4060ti is now a 1920x1080 level card, at $400. What was around middle of the pack in the product stack (**60ti) is now low end.

2) They consider DLSS/frame generation to be standard, even though not all games support it and there are obvious down sides. It isn't hard to notice the jiggly window textures in distant sky scrapers in The Last of Us when using DLSS Quality as an example. Nvidia clearly thinks this is okay and should be standard.

dyinglight2_rt_1080p.png

Also the performance increase over the 3060ti is laughable. At $400 as well. This is a $250 card. It can do 1920x1080 games at around 60 frame rates mostly maxed out with 60 frame rates. Games that have been out for a while. If you have a 4060 or 4060ti, you would need to upgrade to the $600 4070 for a real world performance increase.

This is simply an awful value. Probably one of the worst GPUs for the price over the past 12-15 years.

Last edited:
I’m waiting for the 16GB version, not for gaming though it’s going to be the cheapest intro to AI device on the market by a cool $500. 8 and 12 GB are both too small to make use of the AI models out there and 16 is about the bare minimum there, the biggest question there is how bad will the 8 missing lanes hamper that.

That said I mean if I was in a pinch and I only had a few hundred bucks a 4060TI is not the worst offering in the past 4 years. But this whole generation of cards is right fucked.

I’m honestly thinking we’ve reached the tipping point, node shrinks aren’t going to cover it and the architecture can’t change enough to bring the performance while maintaining compatibility. It’s just too expensive to make things that small.

I didnt get a chance to watch the video before it was taken down, but it seems that it praised the card as really good.
I'm waiting for the 16GB 4070. The board is ready for it, just needs to be populated.

Jay's video was done by Phil and he must not have gotten the naritive of bash Nvidia before putting out the video. Now everyone is falling into step.

NVidia is getting lambasted by investors for having the lowest margins since 2016. They want more but they told the investors that they are eating costs and not passing them on because the market won’t bare it. They low key mention that the TSMC price hikes are kicking their balls in.

Even when they do, it's going to cost 499, the 6800 XT absolutely crushes this thing in raw performance. Unless you desperately need the encoding features or cuda support, it'll be a DOA card.
I didn't even bring up AMD because, to an extent all companies try to sell as little as they can for as much as possible. But Nvidia is REALLY hoping software features will make up for it. Like the iPhone... Typically an Iphone has MUCH less RAM then the compeiting Android flagships of the same generation. The difference is that Apple controls the ENTIRE ecosystem on their phone. Nvidia is but one piece of the platform and their features alone do not make up the difference. Everytime a company is on top they try some BS. Even AMD. People forget when the flagship Athlon 64 X2 was friggin 1000 bucks.

I'm waiting for the 16GB 4070. The board is ready for it, just needs to be populated.

Jay's video was done by Phil and he must not have gotten the naritive of bash Nvidia before putting out the video. Now everyone is falling into step.
Yeah saving the memory for the late game Super reference

Nvidia is really sticking to their guns of not selling you more VRAM.
VRAM is the least of the problems of the 4060Ti. It's the same performance as the 3060 Ti, while costing the same as a 3060 Ti, because looking for new 3060 Ti's shows they're also $400. This is what the 4050 Ti should be, not the 4060. Nobody should buy Nvidia when AMD's 6700 XT is cheaper and faster, plus has the VRAM needed.

NVidia is getting lambasted by investors for having the lowest margins since 2016. They want more but they told the investors that they are eating costs and not passing them on because the market won’t bare it. They low key mention that the TSMC price hikes are kicking their balls in.
Guess what happened during 2016? Guess what ended last year? The great thing about being a tech company is that nobody knows why they're successful. We who buy graphic cards knows what happened, but AI AI AI AI AI AI. Don't worry because AI will be powered by AI, as AI is the future of AI.

cviwt6atlmg61.jpg

I don't know I would say its worse. No one buying a 6500 for sub $200USD was really expecting much.

It was 100% the worst card launched in recent memory, because not only did it have a heavily gimped PCIe arrangement, it was also missing most of the onboard hardware encode/decode features compared to the rest of the 6000-series (no 4k .264 encode, no .265 encode, and no AV1 decode).

Also the performance increase over the 3060ti is laughable. At $400 as well. This is a $250 card.
Should but the 3060ti is pretty much $400 right now:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&sp=+currentprice skuidsaas&st=3060ti

Single model on bestbuy.com at $370 instead of $400, everything else is $400

Cheapest 6700xt is $360, this beat it at 1440 on TPU average by 7.5% add a 5% nvidia taxes and you're up to $406 msrp.

This seem to be exactly a $400 card in the current market, look how right in the middle it is:

performance-per-dollar-2560-1440.png

And that the issue obviously, the market is too high, a new 4060ti should be the one to drag it down, but what does it say about the 6800-6800xt upcoming 7600, intel a770 pricing if this is a $250 card.

This would have been an perfectly ok $330 4060 non TI card, in the current market, that would even have forced some price down.

In the US real wages have declined for 25 consecutive months. I'm not sure but I believe real wage declines in the UK have been even worse, I'd imagine that the EU is similarly suffering. In the US credit card debt continue to push new historic highs when they had decreased just 2-3 years ago due to government stimulus checks. Also, student loan payments remain suspended and the limited student loan forgiveness remains in litigation. Nvidia's stock has been fairing well lately, yet it's all time high was still 18 months ago & it doesn't seem poised to really retest that even without some accounting for inflation. The overall market has been sideways for 25 months as well.

In the midst of this Nvidia has released the RTX 4060 Ti for $400 with 8GB of GDDR6 on a 128-bit bus, compared to the RTX 3060 Ti which has an equal amount of VRam on a 256-bit bus. Intel's ARC 750 is available for half the price & also has 8GB of VRam on a 256-bit bus. Nvidia claims that the effective memory bandwidth of the RTX 4060 Ti exceeds both of these cards due to an expanded L2 cache. They are simultaneously marketing the card for 1080p gaming in the Year of our Lord 2023. So much for that greater effective memory bandwidth.

You pretty much have to be a disingenuous shill to find anything positive with this card for this price. It's slower than the goddamn 3060 TI in some cases so it's literally a downgrade at times. This card makes no sense for hardly anyone except those that are running really outdated old cards and even then it's hard to justify because you will already be running out of VRAM in some current games. I don't care how you slice it, this is one of the worst pieces of crap ever released from a performance and value standpoint.

It was 100% the worst card launched in recent memory, because not only did it have a heavily gimped PCIe arrangement, it was also missing most of the onboard hardware encode/decode features compared to the rest of the 6000-series (no 4k .264 encode, no .265 encode, and no AV1 decode).
OH I'm not defending that piece of crap. Just saying... no one buying a $150 video card was expecting much.
A 4060 TI... a lot of low information gamers are going to expect it's an upgrade from the 3060, and it is just not. Nvidia is essentially selling the same performance... drop in replacement in their line. Only thing that has changed is Nvidias costs are down margins are up.
Nvidia basically saying x60 class mid range is now 1080p... high settings, maybe medium in some titles. Is a freaking joke and I find it a lot more offensive... then a crap low end launch where no one would ever be confused about the products placement.

^ Yeah, you think Nvidia would have better gauge of market by now. Maybe their marketing is really confident that the new features are worth the premium, but I don't see it.

Back