NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti’s GA102-225 GPU Leaked

Was there reallly a big crash after the first mining craze? I can't say I remember it was, other than that the availability increased. No dirt cheap cards flooding the second hand market that I can remember.
There was. More AMD cards flooded because they were better at mining IIRC and cheaper.

I’ve picked up a fair amount of used cards since the GTX 7XX series.

A lot of arguments in the FS/FT about whether or not mining cards long term health was compromised.

The next amazing video card that only bots can buy...

3080ti is near, but I would have rather Nvidia used the fab time to just get what they have out the door now.

Yes, but now they can sell you a moderately better card for $1000 rather than $700 and pocket the difference, because every card being made is being bought up anyway regardless of the price.

Yes, but now they can sell you a moderately better card for $1000 rather than $700 and pocket the difference, because every card being made is being bought up anyway regardless of the price.

I have a spare RX590 that I’m trying to not sell..

How much could I get for a good old 7970 LOL.

Hmmm... I might trade for a voodoo5 5500. Anyone? 😁

I have a few old GPUs that I'm debating selling now. But for some reason Titan Xps aren't worth that much /shrug

I think I could probably get some coin for my 2080ti at this rate. Just don't want to deal with eBay / craigslist craziness. Also is it scalping if you charge market price / discounted market price on used gear? I know there was a kerfluffle about selling new stuff at market pricing a bit ago.

BTW: I mean [H] for sale / trade or buy / sell thread whatever it's called.

I have a few old GPUs that I'm debating selling now. But for some reason Titan Xps aren't worth that much /shrug

I think I could probably get some coin for my 2080ti at this rate. Just don't want to deal with eBay / craigslist craziness. Also is it scalping if you charge market price / discounted market price on used gear? I know there was a kerfluffle about selling new stuff at market pricing a bit ago.

You are always going to have the group of people that get horribly offended when someone is selling something over MSRP. I don't reasonably expect anyone to sell a 3080 for anything near MSRP when they could make an extra thousand dollars selling it elsewhere. As much as I selfishly would love someone to eat that cost, I don't see the reason to vilify those that want to sell at the current market rate.

If they do drop a 3080 Ti, I expect the miserable stock situation to continue with both the 3080 and 3080 Ti as well as the extremely high market price. I will probably jump on an EVGA queue and hope for the best!

You are always going to have the group of people that get horribly offended when someone is selling something over MSRP. I don't reasonably expect anyone to sell a 3080 for anything near MSRP when they could make an extra thousand dollars selling it elsewhere. As much as I selfishly would love someone to eat that cost, I don't see the reason to vilify those that want to sell at the current market rate.

If they do drop a 3080 Ti, I expect the miserable stock situation to continue with both the 3080 and 3080 Ti as well as the extremely high market price. I will probably jump on an EVGA queue and hope for the best!

In my dream world, Nvidia has been making 3080tis since January and is going to screw scalpers by having a million cards on launch.

In my real world, nothing changes.

People that thought they were going to save money by waiting for a 3080 TI instead of buying a 3090 are going to be disappointed.
That's what I was thinking myself ... at first. But when I saw crypto and scalpers start going crazy, I decided to switch and hunt down a 3090 instead. No regrets at all.

That's what I was thinking myself ... at first. But when I saw crypto and scalpers start going crazy, I decided to switch and hunt down a 3090 instead. No regrets at all.
Same as me.

1619715682174.png

Same, I've always heard it as 'tee eye', and not once as 'tie'.

Exactly!
Well yeah, because that's the most sensible thing to do. Nobody reads the symbols for elements off of the periodic table as if they were singular words instead of just shorthand letter combinations, so no reason to do that here with their Ti designation.

So do we know anything about performance? Is it going to be the same unremarkable 10 to 14% improvement over a standard 3080 like the 3090?

Probably a touch slower than a 3090 and you'll have 2 seconds to buy one at MSRP.

So people with existing rtx cards can sell at a premium since they have no restriction with mining and grab one of these? lol. I guess if nvidia doesn't fuck up the driver situation again it might work out.

Also is it scalping if you charge market price / discounted market price on used gear? I know there was a kerfluffle about selling new stuff at market pricing a bit ago.

IIRC, the definition in FS/FT is it's scalping if NIB and above MSRP. You can still sell NIB GPUs if you sell at cost (with proof) or post it in the Scalpers Paradise subforum. Used GPUs do not fall under the scope of the new scalper rules.

Back