Nvidia drivers version 326.01 for Windows 8.1 preview

I'm not sure what changes or enhancements are included, but the other driver versions wouldn't even install for me. I do like some of the new 8.1 features though - and it seems to be stable once you work out all your system kinks from the update.

I've got the update & after checking Win update, I do not get offered the 326.01 driver. Currently running 320.49 which I had a heck of a time re-installing.

yeah, mine doesn't seem to offer the updated driver either. nvidia control panel won't launch, however, geforce experience indicates it's running driver 325.71. Going to try uninstalling the drivers and see what happens.

yeah, mine doesn't seem to offer the updated driver either. nvidia control panel won't launch, however, geforce experience indicates it's running driver 325.71. Going to try uninstalling the drivers and see what happens.
Any luck with the uninstall? I am having crashes with the 325 driver in borderlands 2.

Any luck with the uninstall? I am having crashes with the 325 driver in borderlands 2.

I have successfully uninstalled the drivers, but can't get the new drivers to show up on Windows update :( Gonna keep at it though. As soon as I get something working, I'll update.

i managed to get 325.71 mostly reinstalled, but no luck on 326.01's. As it is, I can't get nvidia control panel to run anymore, so i can't configure sli or surround :(.

I tried removing the driver from device manager only for the vga and then loaded up an older one, it kept the newer physx but was using the older driver. when I tried to go to windows update I did get it to come up with a driver but it was still the 325.71 :( I can get into to nvidia control panel now though but no sli to setup for me.
edit- can't even play left for dead 2 without it crashing

Last edited:
My laugh for the morning - I read this as "NVIDIA Drivers for Windows 3.1...." Had to do a double take.

Really need to go buy coffee.

So now you need specific drivers for Windows 8.1 or do current and older drivers still work?

I was running the 'older' just released beta drivers on Windows 8 without issue after updating to Windows 8.1;

Keeping in mind I mostly play on DX9 games, my 680 noticed nothing new.

After reading this post today, I went to the windows update/details and had to select the new driver.

I ended up uninstalling older drivers and re-installing the betas from Tuesday.
Visually they seemed to work fine, but the HDMI audio driver is kind of busted. I had to tinker with it for a long time and eventually found a prompt that said "disable driver optimizations" that finally fixed it. I think it turned my HDMI-out into a generic one instead of an Nvidia driver-based version.
I'm guessing these will at least fix that.
I played a bit of Neverwinter and noticed that the game launcher responded to the 125% screen size I use for my desktop - meaning the "play" button was hidden an inaccessible. Not sure if that was MS's doing or Nvidia's, but that could be problematic if literally everything responds to the desktop zoom.

I'm going to experiment on a GTX Titan system in my office, and this time use a fresh install from iso instead of the in place upgrade. Just waiting for the iso to finish downloading....

Performed a clean install on new blank drives on a Titan tri-sli system. After install, it was loaded with generic microsoft drivers for the gpu (device manager did not recognize what model of cards they were.)

Checked Windows update, Nvidia drivers found (dated 6/25/13), loaded, rebooted, and BAM 325.71's again. I feel fairly confident that newer drivers are not available, or the press release from Nvidia simply stated the wrong version, and they meant to say 325.71.

The 8.1 update was awful, it broke so many things. I just wiped my SSD and reinstalled 8.0 and I'm back to happy land. I was getting horrid driver lag and input lag in BF3, etc. Just all kinds of wacky stuff. Oh it broke Logitech Gaming Software too (not hard I know) but it was just so aggravating.

My Logitech Gaming software works in 8.1, everything as far as gaming is concerned is fine for me.

Well, I just did a clean install on my home computer, and things went much more smoothly than the upgrade install. Still running 325.79, however.....

the surround view desktop optimizations from Windows 7 are back! Maximizing windows to one screen works again, and the start bar is back on just the middle monitor! Hooray!

There are a couple glitches to it (such as windows maximizing behind the start bar, and Windows scaling everything up because it thinks you're using a high dpi display), but I can deal for now.

ImageShack.us

I was able to get the drivers working with a little more effort. It seems somebody was able to get the 326.01 and rar them up. Go to:

https://mega.co.nz/#!lcBghDaR!XdaV-GU2zYesTF68pWEe90cmAkoU8opLq48XeocZnNM

I know the file name is weird, but it is legit. The inf has been modded to allow 8.1 install. Also, you will need to disable driver signature enforcement. Go here to learn how (if unaware):

http://sixcolumns.com/t/how-to-disable-and-bypass-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-8/151

Once driver signature enforcement has been disabled and you restart, just run setup from the unrar-ed directory. I got 326.01 up and running with 3D vision enabled! I will post screenshots shortly. I hope this helps anybody else having problems.

I just finished playing some GRID 2 on my new BENQ monitor to try out 3D Vision 2 with light boost. The drivers work very well as far as I can tell. The computer as a whole seems a tad bit more responsive with 8.1. I will post more if I find out anything else about the driver performance. If you're on the fence - go for it - it's working great for me.

Link from yesterday wouldn't install for me and the new link is giving a error. Really wish they would just release it on nvidia. edit-searched for titan drivers and believe I found it but now I error when trying to download.

Last edited:
Link from yesterday wouldn't install for me and the new link is giving a error. Really wish they would just release it on nvidia. edit-searched for titan drivers and believe I found it but now I error when trying to download.

I'm getting the same error. It is pretty frustrating :mad:

Well, after 1 upgrade install and 4 separate clean installs of Windows 8.1, I've given up and gone back to Windows 8.

I was able to download and install the 326.01 Titan drivers at the above posted links, and they did install on my 680's without modification. However the success stopped there.

Oddly enough, the 326.01's don't recognize the 325.79's as being present during installation. Just to make sure there were no conflicts, I tried installing 8.1 with driver auto updates disabled, so that the 325.79's were never loaded.

Enabling surroundview was problematic. At the screen orientation phase, the numbers didn't show on all screens. Additionally, 8.1's auto dpi adjustment assumed this was some super high res screen, so it scaled everything up. As a future heads up to anyone going to enable surround or eyefinity in the future on 8.1, set your dpi adjustments to manual first.

Once I had surroundview configured, running games at anything other than the most basic settings as problematicat best. For testing, I've been using the 3 games I've been playing lately. Mechwarrior Online, Guild Wars 2, and Borderlands 2. I've discovered Mechwarrior Online doesn't like 8.1 on either amd or nvidia machines. the installer doesn't work, and previous game installations just hang. Guildwars 2 and Borderlands 2 will run at low, single monitor resolutions, but turning up the reolution would cause the game to hang. Background music will continue, but the display will lock up.

Just to make sure, I event went as far as to load the stock bios on my gpu's, but that made no difference. I didn't take the time to try to isolate if my issues are related to sli or surroundview exclusively, so others with more basic setups may have a better experience. But, I'm calling it quits for now, and went back to standard Windows 8.

It isn't just you I got them working finally last night and I have had multiple crashes in bl2 and alot of other games/benchies. I put the stock bios on my card too thinking that might be causing issues no luck here either. It really sucks because I like 8.1 in windows better but need a working driver, wth was nvidia thinking having it come through windows update. I had to install physx manually with the driver as well.
edit- I am on a single screen too so the drivers just suck.

Driver is up on nvidia now and is the full package, just installed again (why not shoot for 20 in a few days) and I'll report back if the crashes are still happening.

I'm trying these on win 7 x64 for the hell of doing so. I've not seen any real differences between them and 320.49 yet.

I am no longer having any crashes and performance seems about the same. The windows update one was just causing me nothing but issues so i glad they finally just posted a link.

I am no longer having any crashes and performance seems about the same. The windows update one was just causing me nothing but issues so i glad they finally just posted a link.

dang, guess it's time to try it on my home computer again....
*edit* where did you see the drivers on nvidia's site? I don't see anything listed for 8.1 or 326.01....

Last edited:
I finally got it installed thru the regular windows update. It just said Nvidia WDM drivers but after the update I had 326.01.

These drivers installed fine for me on a Win8-64 system.
All I did was disable driver signature enforcement at restart and did a normal install.
I never install the 3D vision stuff...just the driver, Physx and audio portion.
Getting better (five additional) frames in Rfactor2 and the driver is quite smooth.

Back