Nvidia driver update improves 3000 series performance

Lakados

[H]F Junkie
I haven't noticed any particular gains with my 3080, but there also haven't been any noticeable degradations.

i'll have to get updated drivers installed for my buddy's 2060! thanks for the tip!

Slightly older news but it seems to check out, in all the excitement over the melting 4090 connectors this one seems to have been missed.

https://www.gizbot.com/computer/new...erformance-25-percent-rtx-30-gpus-083052.html
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidias...performance-improvements-for-geforce-rtx-gpus

TLDR;
Driver updates and tweaks resizable BAR while making optimizations to shader compilation, resulting in a decent gain in performance for 2000 and 3000 series hardware.

https://hardforum.com/threads/nvidia-522-25-drivers-dx12-boost-for-all-rtx-gpus.2022524/

And there has been 2 hotfix drivers and a WHQL Game ready driver for MW2 since 522.25 has dropped.
Along with a shit ton of issues with the hotfixes to fix this driver and the WHQL. YMMV.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...ce-grd-52686-feedback-thread-released-111022/

I installed the new drivers and then MW2 updated itself, and when I ran it, it gave me that error that it can't find a supported GPU, ran the game 3 times with the same error on startup.
While googling for a solution, MW2 did another quick update and then game would launch.

Not sure if it's my system, but the loading screens are so glitchy and stuttery. I am talking about the screen where your dude is standing there while the matchmaker searches and loads the game.
I even went as far as turning the graphics to the lowest setting and dlss for max performance with no change, still stutters and glitches.

The game itself seems to run pretty decent, but it doesn't feel like I remember MW2 and MW3 in the past. Feels like I move a lot slower.

I installed the new drivers and then MW2 updated itself, and when I ran it, it gave me that error that it can't find a supported GPU, ran the game 3 times with the same error on startup.
While googling for a solution, MW2 did another quick update and then game would launch.

Not sure if it's my system, but the loading screens are so glitchy and stuttery. I am talking about the screen where your dude is standing there while the matchmaker searches and loads the game.
I even went as far as turning the graphics to the lowest setting and dlss for max performance with no change, still stutters and glitches.
It's a known issue with the latest drivers, you might want to rollback to your previous drivers until they can get these shitty drivers fixed.
This is why I have held off, once again, YMMV.

It's a known issue with the latest drivers, you might want to rollback to your previous drivers until they can get these shitty drivers fixed.
This is why I have held off, once again, YMMV.
The old drivers did the same thing. I did notice that the flicker is gone with the new driver. Every now and then I'd get like a white flicker around edges of the environment on the entire screen. thought it might have been HDR and my OLED screen freaking out.

The old drivers did the same thing. I did notice that the flicker is gone with the new driver. Every now and then I'd get like a white flicker around edges of the environment on the entire screen. thought it might have been HDR and my OLED screen freaking out.
Fixed Issues in this Release:

• [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II] Flashing corruption can be seen randomly while playing the game. [3829010]

Still a lot of bugs in MW2.
Still issues with HDR also.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...ce-grd-52686-feedback-thread-released-111022/

The game itself seems to run pretty decent, but it doesn't feel like I remember MW2 and MW3 in the past. Feels like I move a lot slower.
Same issue here MW update broke and sec update fixed it.

When I was getting shot and almost died or did die, the screen would get glitchy, like a I got hacked, is that part of the game, or do I happen to have corrupted textures?
Nope I have it too on both my 3090 and 4090. MW2 is a ton slower, no slide canceling maps are a bit bigger so people are even further away, stupid spawn points etc. MW2 MP gets a 6/10 from me. Made a lot of things worse and almost nothing better.

Agreed with keeping old versions. I usually check /r/nvidia on reddit for the most recent driver post and check the comments. There are always people who test / benchmark the new drivers and give opinions on whether or not it is worth it to upgrade. I've seen these people say stick with versions way behind the current ones in the past so it's not like they're always pushing the latest. Worth a quick skim in my opinion rather than just grabbing the latest.

I have 526.86 driver and it runs good for me, I forgot to turn the cpu fan up and seen at 7:50 mark me fixing those issues.

Back