Nvidia A4000 Distributors/Resellers

next-Jin

Supreme [H]ardness
I’m building out a workstation and with the A4000 series coming out this month I don’t want to pay 1,000+ for an Quadro RTX4000 when it’s infinitely superior.

Where do you guys normally buy workstation class video cards? If you look on Newegg all of the Quadro RTX 4000s are from third party sellers selling for 1,200 and no OEM has them in stock (Dell, Lenovo, etc.).

PNY and Leadtek just point you to several retailers with their brand name in the search bar.

I guess I could wait for OEMs and buy one of those but I really want a Ryzen + A4000 setup, most vendors only go with Intel platforms. The Lenovo P620 has Threadripper Pro but that’s Zen2 and I don’t need that many cores or memory bandwidth.

I just want to ensure I secure an A4000, I’d hate to spend the money on a RTX4000 at this stage.

If you’re wondering this will be future proofing any sort of work in ArcPRO (GIS) because I’m pretty sure my wife’s work wants to move into spatial analysis and other tools where the GPU will be worthwhile.

Nvidia has resellers on their website. You can narrow search by discrete compute or dgx workstations for companies which could also sell the workstation cards.

In the past I also found dell and amazon had access to oem workstation cards but kinda buried in their site. Requires a bit of hunting. I bought some tesla p100 from cdw a few years back as well.

Nvidia has resellers on their website. You can narrow search by discrete compute or dgx workstations for companies which could also sell the workstation cards.

In the past I also found dell and amazon had access to oem workstation cards but kinda buried in their site. Requires a bit of hunting. I bought some tesla p100 from cdw a few years back as well.
This. Cdw, Dell, ebay

I've used Provantage for some OEM-type parts. Seems like they, CDW, Insight, and a handful of other retailers all use the same 3-4 distributors for shipping. You'll notice they often list the same number of items in stock. (though sometimes delayed by a day, the systems aren't really built for high-demand items like GPUs.) This Stockinthechannel site (needs an email to register) is interesting to check also - those are basically the distributors they are using; you'll often see the numbers listed there correlating to what the retailers show. So if some parts/SKUs actually get released in any quantity I'd expect them to start showing up there.

I've used Provantage for some OEM-type parts. Seems like they, CDW, Insight, and a handful of other retailers all use the same 3-4 distributors for shipping. You'll notice they often list the same number of items in stock. (though sometimes delayed by a day, the systems aren't really built for high-demand items like GPUs.) This Stockinthechannel site (needs an email to register) is interesting to check also - those are basically the distributors they are using; you'll often see the numbers listed there correlating to what the retailers show. So if some parts/SKUs actually get released in any quantity I'd expect them to start showing up there.
They do. Either Arrow or AVNet, in general, from a disti perspective. There's one other big one I'm blanking on too, but Arrow and AVNet are the 2 biggest in the states.

Back