Nvidia 3d settings

ea6b123

Weaksauce
Running a RTX 2070 with a AMD 5800x 16 gigs of ram win 10 pro , i was wondering what 3d settings can i use or turn on that wont effect or hurt my fps to much in gaming......flights sims, FPS games

It's better to ask what you can turn off than what you can turn on. And we can only speak in generalities without sitting at and playing on your specific PC.

That beings said:
Shadows are typically one of the most expensive effects on a game engine and one you can turn quality down on without affecting image quality too negatively. Draw distance is another big one, as it affects both the GPU and CPU, but the image quality loss is more noticeable. Use of less demanding AA options like FXAA will also help.

Note that flight sims are largely bound to the CPU in terms of performance, and most of them still primarily rely on single-threaded performance. Most graphics effects today are done on the GPU, so you're really at the mercy of how optimized the game's threading is, which is nothing you can do about. However, there are still a few effects that lean a little more on the CPU as mentioned above. Draw distance being one and terrain quality being another, as they both have an affect on the volume of calculations needing to be done on the CPU in regards to things like physics and AI.

Back